<p>After what happened just now, I want to know what your biggest upset is. Since I am trying to learn the game I decided to pick a school with low expectations and just experiment to see what works. So since I will move there soon, I chose Pennsylvania of the Ivy League. My goal was to at least win .500 of conference games. I ended up winning the Ivy League by 4 games (there is no tournament there, so the champion is the one who gets the best record). My RPI went from 250+ to being in the top 150 (I think it was 148).</p><p> </p><p>

I was surprised to see that I earned a seed in the NCAA Tournament against Kansas, who had an RPI of 4. Of course, I am telling myself "Self, it was nice to be seeded, but we both know we are getting drilled".</p><p> </p><p>

The first half ends with Kansas in the lead 48-40. I was behind by just eight points and I felt we had a chance to win the game. So I start double teaming inside and raise the pace of the game to 8 (from 6) and making my SG one of the offensive keys (since he was scoring well). I managed to tie the game 80-80 with 2:54 to go! Kansas takes the lead and I tie it again 84-84 with under minute and a half to play. My PF gets a dunk on a fast break and then that same PF gets the defensive rebound on a missed 3 pt. They foul my PG and he makes two free throws. They miss and foul me again and I make 2 more FT's. The final score? 90-84 Pennsylvania!</p><p> </p><p>

I just managed to upset a team with an RPI of 4 and who was seeded 3rd with a lowly unranked team with an RPI of 148 (went down to 144 after the win).</p><p> </p><p>

Even if I lose the next game by 100 points I am still going to be extremely happy!</p>

Ok, I just played the rest of the season out. I managed to pull off another upset, 66-58 over Alabama to make it to the Sweet 16. However, Georgetown clobbered me 74-59. Still, not a bad season overall.

My A.D. is now ectasic at my performance. My RPI is now 107 at season's end, from 250+ when I began.

I won the Ivy League Coach of the Year

My C made it to the All Conference First Team.

My PF and SF both made it to the All Conference Second Team

My C actually became a Third Team All American and now he is projected as a late 2nd round pick in the draft. He was a Senior anyway...but too bad.

His name was Wade Lemiere or something like that. Season stats: 14.8 pts, 11.6 rpg, 3.5 apg, 4.8 blocks, 49.7% FG, 36.7 % 3PG and 69.8% FT.

This is a very good game,glad i decided to buy,I wanted to start out with a challenge,so I choose 17 prestige Chic St, 8 years later Im still there with a prestige of 16,coming off my best season last year with a rpi of 189,and had the conference player of the year Still no job offers,makes me wonder what I have to do to get one.

In one of the seasons I played on the demo, I took Sacred Heart (22). My expectation was to go .500 in my conference. I believe we went 11-7 in conference, with an overall record of 16-14. I was ok with that for a start, but the best was yet to come.

As the 4th seed, we won the NEC conference tournament and went to the big dance as a 15th seed. We were hammered there, but finished 19-15. I decided then to buy the game.

This is a very good game,glad i decided to buy,I wanted to start out with a challenge,so I choose 17 prestige Chic St, 8 years later Im still there with a prestige of 16,coming off my best season last year with a rpi of 189,and had the conference player of the year Still no job offers,makes me wonder what I have to do to get one.

I'm playing with another team in that conference. I won two straight conference championships and had four straight winning seasons with 17+ wins before I saw any job offers after year six. And my prestige had jumped from 4 to 21 over that time so the jobs I got offers on had mid-20's prestiges it wasn't worth jumping at the time.

Archived