Do you get job offers or do you just take a job thats open? Reason Im asking is Im 10 yrs in with no job offers yet coming off my best season with Chic st,won the conference tournament and finished in the top 100 in rpi,and didnt get a offer. But there were jobs open so Im kinda confused.

I'm not sure how it works. I played one season with Illinois State (21-12), failed to meet my objective (make a postseason tournament), and was offered jobs at Miami, Arizona St., and UTEP. My hotseat meter also went down to cool. Go figure.

I was sent e-mails, but you may also be able to go look for a job.

You will get job offers in your e-mail if any team is interested in you. With a low prestige school, expect to wait a while. I just won 17 games for the fourth straight season, and two conference championships, before I got my first job offers. Got two offers for two straight seasons, then none for the last two after rejecting them. (Maybe the AI figures I'm not switching schools..:rolleyes:).

I did a test league with a midmajor and got offers the very first offseason.

These come into your mailbox when you hit the Head Coach button at the beginning of the offseason.

However, you can go into the Human coach button in the left toolbar and this screen shows every team and you can force yourself into any job, vacant or not, so it depends on how you want to play the game for job openings.

I'm not sure how it works. I played one season with Illinois State (21-12), failed to meet my objective (make a postseason tournament), and was offered jobs at Miami, Arizona St., and UTEP. My hotseat meter also went down to cool. Go figure.

over at the fbcb forum, they said that the ADs have different patience levels but these are obviously hidden since they don't show anywhere in the game. I got fired from UNLV after a 22 win season, because I didn't win the conference championship. Other seasons with other teams, I had a losing record and they were still OK.

over at the fbcb forum, they said that the ADs have different patience levels but these are obviously hidden since they don't show anywhere in the game. I got fired from UNLV after a 22 win season, because I didn't win the conference championship. Other seasons with other teams, I had a losing record and they were still OK.

Interesting...thanks.

You get sent emails if another school offers you a job, however you can also go over to the menu on the left hand side of your screen where it says Human coaches. Click on that.

On the bottom of that screen it has 2 buttons that you can click back and forth between (all teams and job offers).

On the all teams screen you can see which jobs are vacant and which jobs have a head coach currently.

On the other screen (the job offer screen) it will list the schools that have currently offered you a head coaching job.

Archived