The Rogan Era

<p><span style="font-size:24px;">UFC 108: Evans vs. Silva</span></p><p> MGM Grand Garden Arena </p><p> Las Vegas, Nevada</p><p> Attendence:13,529</p><p> Total Gate: $1,969,670</p><p> Buyrate: 300,000</p><p> <span>http://crappyshoes.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/ufc-108.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:18px;">Main Card:</span></p><p> <span style="font-family:Georgia;">Light Heavyweight bout: </span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">Rashad Evans</span></span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> vs. Thiago Silva</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> Catchweight (172 lb) bout: Dustin Hazelett vs. </span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="color:#0000FF;">Paul Daley</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> Lightweight bout: Joe Lauzon vs. </span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="color:#0000FF;">Sam Stout</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> Lightweight bout: </span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">Jim Miller</span></span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> vs. Duane Ludwig</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> Heavyweight bout: </span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">Junior dos Santos</span></span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> vs. Gilbert Yvel</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:14px;">Preliminary Card (Spike TV)</span></p><p> <span style="font-family:Georgia;">Welterweight bout: </span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">Martin Kampmann</span></span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> vs. Jacob Volkmann</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> Lightweight bout: </span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">Cole Miller</span></span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> vs. Dan Lauzon</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:14px;">Preliminary Card (Non-televised)</span></p><p> <span style="font-family:Georgia;">Middleweight bout: </span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">Mark Muñoz</span></span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> vs. Ryan Jensen</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> Welterweight bout: Mike Pyle vs. </span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="color:#0000FF;">Jake Ellenberger</span></span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> Lightweight bout: </span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">Rafaello Oliveira</span></span><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> vs. John Gunderson</span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:18px;"> Bonus awards</span></p><p> <span style="font-family:Georgia;">Fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses.</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> * Fight of the Night: Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> * Knockout of the Night: Paul Daley</span></p><p><span style="font-family:Georgia;"> * Submission of the Night: Cole Miller</span></p><p> </p><p> Post Fight Conference:After a card with numerous injuries, with multiple potential fights being called off as a result. Dana White had an announcement to make.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27574" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Dana White: Tonight was a great night for us, especially with the injuries that came plagued our card. The Evans vs. Silva fight was decent but Rashad has executed his gameplan, took him down and pulled off the victory with a unanimous decision. Anyway it was a great night for us and I hope wou enjoyed it, now my announcement was about Joe Rogan, me and Joe had a fued before the weekend and he decided that UFC 108 was is last show for the UFC and personnaly I don't give a s*** about it there are other tons of potential broadcasters wating to broadcast with Mike Goldberg. Let's just see now he will react to it. Any question's ??? <p> </p><p> Chris Jones from Sherdog, do you think that the fued with Joe and you could get into competition ?? </p><p> </p><p> Dana White: Well according to my sources Joe would have talk recently this week with some owners of other promotion, but Hey ! even if get a job he will be competing with the best in the world and that's the UFC. </p><p> </p><p> Dana White: Yeah You !</p><p> </p><p> Sam Stavrakakis writter for Ultimate MMA Magazine, with all his year of experience into MMA, do you think Joe has the potential to be a president of an organization ?? </p><p> </p><p> Dana White: Well yeah, the guy know his sport and i hope all the best for him and his promotion but the "Boss" is here and it's me. </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><a href="http://mrsunshinevegas.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/ufc771.jpg" rel="external nofollow">http://mrsunshinevegas.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/ufc771.jpg</a></div><p></p><p></p>

Archived