My hope for this game

If anyone here is familier with Madden PC your are now able to inport 227 players to the rookie draft class. This is done by importing a MDC file or CSV file. These players can be further edited using the outside editor. I was hoping to use the players for this game as my rookies in madden. I was hoping someone in the community will be able to step up something to create a csv or mdc file of at least the following Name, Pos, School, ht, wt, age bd, I am not asking for much more due to the fact that all ratings are hard coded into the hex file of the save game. That way I could import all the players into the madden edior and adjust all 227 rookies to my liking. Is there anyone out there that can do this. I know all the data is available in the stats db. If someobody could write a quick query that can do this I would be so appreciative. Matt

Tim, I am not asking for any numbers I am asking for a csv file that produces FNAME, LNAME, POS, SCHOOL at the min for players that are leaving each year! then maybe hieght, wieght. So its not like Apples in Oranges. Maybe if I said I just wanted a csv file to stare at I would get a better response. Matt

Tim, FORGET I EVER SAID MADDEN, get that out of your mind. I would like a MDC or CSV file that goes in EXCEL. That has the following fields FNAME, LNAME, POS, SCHOOL at the min for players that are leaving each year! then maybe hieght, wieght. ONCE AGAIN THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH MADDEN! Matt

[QUOTE=RBPD5015]Tim, FORGET I EVER SAID MADDEN, get that out of your mind. I would like a MDC or CSV file that goes in EXCEL. That has the following fields FNAME, LNAME, POS, SCHOOL at the min for players that are leaving each year! then maybe hieght, wieght. ONCE AGAIN THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH MADDEN! Matt[/QUOTE] You might want to try the Front Office Football Central forums as well, just to broaden your scope. A lot of guys there will no doubt buy this game when it is released.

[QUOTE=RBPD5015]21C, Thanks I sure appreciate it. All I need is the general info for players leaving in a mdc preferably. or CSV if mdc cant been done. Thanks, Matt[/QUOTE] Had a quick play around with this but haven't been able to find height, weight or class in any table. Anyone know where these are stored? Without the class, I can't isolate the seniors let alone anyone leaving early. I have no problem outputting this to csv but I'm not familiar with mdc files. For now, I'm obviously stuck unless I find the location of those other fields.

21C, After week 13 of the offseason you can look in TEAMXX and look under the coloum of Year Finished, if the year = the year draft class you are trying to export then those are the players leaving. As far as height and weight those are stored in Binary files (I just found out) So at the time could you make it to csv for FNAME, LNAME, POS, SCHOOL, SCHOOL ID Thanks a million MAtt

[QUOTE=RBPD5015]21C, After week 13 of the offseason you can look in TEAMXX and look under the coloum of Year Finished[/QUOTE] That actually complicates things terribly for me. I was hoping to run a simple Access query on a couple of tables but this now means that every TeamXX table from 1 to 119 needs to be separately read. I'll still have a go but I can't promise results. :(

21C, What school ID do I want? well if Alabama is ID 4 and Auburn is ID 5 and Arkansas is ID 6 like below Player ID, 2005, Jim, Jones, QB, Alabama, 4 And by the way, thanks a million! OH and 21C I forgot can you add player ID, I ask for this cause in the playercard floder the html files are named by player ID. And if I want to edit Jim Jones I need to know his player ID so I can see his card. Matt

Did it! I sort of surprised myself because I was getting stuck there for a while. [url]http://web.aanet.com.au/21C/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=12[/url] I just noticed that you wanted the year ( like 2005 ) included which I didn't do but it creates a file called 2005.csv so I hope that's OK. You're lucky I'm in between marking/grading exams right now since this is my busy part of the year. From the Readme [QUOTE]This program will create a csv file from Bowl Bound College Football for players that are leaving ( seniors and underclassmen declaring for the draft ). The output order is PlayerID,FirstName,LastName,School,SchoolID,Position Make sure that the program is in the same folder as the stats.dat file for your saved game ( otherwise the program won't work ). If the program doesn't run then you may need the Visual Basic runtime files: [url]http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb60pro/Redist/sp5/WIN98Me/EN-US/vbrun60sp5.exe[/url][/QUOTE]

21C, WOW Amazing and amazing results in a split second. This is exactly what I need to get started. Just got a couple more questions. I am looking for the top 227 Recruits. Now with no ratings there is no easy way to do this. We could go by stats, but then IT would be like 15 more query's and thats way to much work for me to ask you to do. What I was thinking was would it be possible, please add the field awrd to the list so I can cut the players after that are not worth a damn. That way it gets me closer to my list of 227. As of now the listis like 1400 players, way to many to sort through and decided who to import into madden. Cool thing I found this award field, looks like like an overall rating using stats, kinda cool. Once you add the field Award I can sort by award and positon and remove all the bottom feaders. Unless you can build that in. I need to make sure each position has at least 5 guys. But I would prefer the list be about 300 to 350 instead of 1450. Biggest worry about building in a function to cut the list o 300 or 350 is it might remove all the players from a single position. And one last thing can we have postion have an id field which = position ID -1. So QB would be 0 and not 1 and rb 1 instead of 2. I sure hope your "You're lucky I'm in between marking/grading exams right now since this is my busy part of the year." Thanks so much. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!! So I dont want you to feel your program didnt work, it worked perfect just want a couple small tweaks please. Matt

I had a longer reply written but I just got zapped by an electrical storm which restarted my computer. I had the file done earlier but I couldn't get ftp access to my host until I got home - it's only 5.40pm here. I left the original program in the zip file and added the updated one called CSV Maker2.

21C, Another Fantastic job. This is working great. Can I ask for one more change or update? I hope I am not getting to complex. If you cant or dont have time I understand, what you have is usable, I was just hoping you could imporve it one more time. One Big Issue I have discovered is that there are almost 300 schools is Madden so therefore the college id is no good, what I did was create a Excel chart that has BB College Name, ID,ID, Madden College Name I then sorted by Bowl Bowl name and lined them up side by side. I was hopin you could extract the data to convert for instance Air Force is number 71 in Bowl Bound, but number 1 in Madden. you can find this file at [url]www.str8playaz.com/NCAAidConvertChart.xls[/url] The second issue I have found is below. And 21C if you got a pay pal account I could drop 10 or 15 bucks in there if you need, this has been a great job. Thanks, Matt Below is how BB outputs the players and next to it is the number of players per position I need sorted by awards. Could you have your program do this? If not I understand, just asking for one last request. Each Time I use the program I see how I can make it easier. SO below Is what BB outputs although the where I have number need is currently not in there. And I know your -1 from postion, but I found that wasn’t the fix, BB does not separate OT,OG, DE, OLB. Therefore there are 17 pos fields instead of 21 in madden. BOWL BOUND ID POS Number I need per pos 1 QB 18 2 HB 18 3 FB 10 4 WR 18 5 TE 10 6 OT 24 7 OG 24 8 C 10 9 DE 22 10 DT 15 11 ILB 12 12 OLB 22 13 CB 18 14 FS 12 15 SS 12 16 K 6 17 P 6 257 Total Players I would then like it to do this from that. MADDEN ID POS Number I need per pos 0 QB 18 1 HB 18 2 FB 10 3 WR 18 4 TE 10 5 LT 12 6 LG 12 7 C 10 8 RG 12 9 LT 12 10 LE 11 11 RE 11 12 DT 15 13 LOLB 11 14 MLB 12 15 ROLB 11 16 CB 18 17 FS 12 18 SS 12 19 K 6 20 P 6 Oh and one last thing Can the order be Fname,Lname,Positonid,CollegeID,Award Thanks !!!!!!!!

Archived