PROJECT: RW September 1991 - "Real World's Champion"

<p>September 9th, 1991 - Ric Flair makes his first televised appearance for the World Wrestling Federation with the Big Gold Belt on his waist. The potential "Dream" matches fans have been salivating and scrutinizing over for the past 8 years have suddenly become a real possibility.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm interested in creating a MOD for this era and am looking for a team that would be willing to attack it with me. My knowledge base for the time period involves only WWF and WCW, so mostly I'm looking for lucha and puroresu heads who share a similar passion. </p><p> </p><p>

I'm new to MOD-making, so I am also inquiring as to whether or not there is perhaps a mod-maker who would be willing to let me work backwards off their database in exchange for credit. I am also curious as to pic files and allowance on their use.</p><p> </p><p>

Please feel free to bring up any questions about this era, ideas, and opinions in this thread, because I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has a warm glow about this time in wrestling history.</p><p> </p><p>

So: Let my inbox fill up and let's get this done together.</p>

Has anyone updated the one from 08 yet, that seems like a good starting point.

It doesn't appear so.

I'll attempt to contact D16NJD16 about the matter, but if need be I can start from scratch or from an older mod.

In the event that an agreement is unreachable, I've begun inputting the WWF roster as of September 1991.

September 1991? That's a great timeline for New Japan, heck Japan in general, as Chono/Mutoh/Hashimoto just stepped up in New Japan as the leaders for the next generation and this is pre-Austin breaking Chono's neck. If you're adding SWS they should start in a huge negative amount of money. They last another 11 months then die, and they had really no chance of recovery. Jumbo is enjoying his final reign as AJPW Triple Crown champion, while Fujinami continues to dominate the IWGP Heavyweight title. Misawa and Kawada are beginning to step up, with Taue and Kobashi far behind but growing quickly.

UPDATE: D16NJD16 is thinking of updating his mod, so I'll be starting from scratch. I'm almost finished with WCW and WWF talent wise and looking to continue fleshing out North America.

September 1991? That's a great timeline for New Japan, heck Japan in general, as Chono/Mutoh/Hashimoto just stepped up in New Japan as the leaders for the next generation and this is pre-Austin breaking Chono's neck. If you're adding SWS they should start in a huge negative amount of money. They last another 11 months then die, and they had really no chance of recovery. Jumbo is enjoying his final reign as AJPW Triple Crown champion, while Fujinami continues to dominate the IWGP Heavyweight title. Misawa and Kawada are beginning to step up, with Taue and Kobashi far behind but growing quickly.

Chrono, would you be interested in trying to tackle a bit of Japan for that time period?

Archived