Abandonia Great old games!

jesterx7769

So I was stumbling around online and found http://www.abandonia.com which has all sorts of old games on freeware, needless to say this brought back great memories of Dino park tycoon, Theme Park, Monkey Island, Sim Ant, Oregon Trail, and Sim Tower. Sadly you have to pay for X-Com but there are still many great games, so what are some of your favorites? have fun wasting your day away :p

So I was stumbling around online and found http://www.abandonia.com which has all sorts of old games on freeware, needless to say this brought back great memories of Dino park tycoon, Theme Park, Monkey Island, Sim Ant, Oregon Trail, and Sim Tower. Sadly you have to pay for X-Com but there are still many great games, so what are some of your favorites? have fun wasting your day away :p

I know in the UK the X-Com games come up on Steam for very little money for all of them regularly, and wouldn't be surprised that's also the case in the US.

Good memories of some of those. Theme Park rocked. Monkey Island rocked. Sim Tower? Can't remember that one.

It came with Sim city in one of the sets, needless to say addicting though i will admit nothing special. I am downloading all sorts of games and finding ones I never played, yes the rest of my day will be unproductive (Hey I already filled in holes in the yard and spread grass seed!)

It came with Sim city in one of the sets, needless to say addicting though i will admit nothing special. I am downloading all sorts of games and finding ones I never played, yes the rest of my day will be unproductive (Hey I already filled in holes in the yard and spread grass seed!)

Next challenge will be getting games to work. Fortunately there always seems to be someone who's managed it and is kind enough to post it on the Internet.

That's why I actually don't mind paying a small amount of money for old games on Steam. You know they will work.

EDIT: Okay, gone crazy downloading. What's scary is the amount of games there I paid for when tehy first came out - Discworld, Battle Isle II, BattleZone (I'm sure I've still got that on CD somewhere, which is just as well as the down load doesn't work), Command & Conquer...

Only got to D so far...

I know in the UK the X-Com games come up on Steam for very little money for all of them regularly, and wouldn't be surprised that's also the case in the US.

Good memories of some of those. Theme Park rocked. Monkey Island rocked. Sim Tower? Can't remember that one.

Yeah, you can usually score X-Com pretty cheap off Steam. Totally worth it.

Thats actually where their X-Com link goes to, Steam. (I checked, and totally woulda turned them in if it didnt. :D )

Oregon Trail?! I can't wait to cross the Rockies bare-ass naked.

already did :p however the hunting is a little glitched.

Disappointingly most games I dl have some sort of glitch when I try to play them, lame :( Theme Hospital has worked okay for me but Sim Ant for example freezes up no more than 5 minutes in when I tried the few times.

edit: some games aren't available to dl there for protection but I found them on http://www.bestoldgames.net so idk if they are really protected or if that site just isn't downloading them, however bog.net isn't in english so you just kinda have to know the game you are looking for

Archived