Promotions Coming and Going

Is it always random as to the name, location, and style of new promotions being formed, and which ones go under? So far, I've had Heart of Texas Rodeo Wrestling (HTRW) pop up in the Mid-South, and Canadian North Wrestling (CNW) form in Quebec, while Warrior Engine XXV has died. Anyone have the same happenings, or have they been different for you?

Yeah, there's a "Future Promotions" part, and there's a part that says what year those promotions start running. Some have high starting prestige levels for some reason, even though almost no newly-formed wrestling companies ever have that when they start up.

It's been a while, but I believe there is a "Future Promotions" section of the database. Don't hold me to that, though, as I don't have the game open to verify.

There is, I've never tried it but I have always wondered what the game world would look like if I just "watched" it from the start of TEW 2005 to the start of TEW 2010.

It would be interesting I think to see what changes the TEW 2005 has versus what Adam made up.

There is, I've never tried it but I have always wondered what the game world would look like if I just "watched" it from the start of TEW 2005 to the start of TEW 2010.

It would be interesting I think to see what changes the TEW 2005 has versus what Adam made up.

It doesn't change.

Ever.

• 1 month later...
They need to be in debt for several months. The length of time they can stay in business while in the red is determined by their size. Bigger companies can carry a negative balance for a long time (like, a year for Global), because the thought is that banks see them as having the ability to bounce back a lot easier than little indy feds.

They need to be in debt for several months. The length of time they can stay in business while in the red is determined by their size. Bigger companies can carry a negative balance for a long time (like, a year for Global), because the thought is that banks see them as having the ability to bounce back a lot easier than little indy feds.

Can you buy a promotion like in EWR when it is going to close?

• 3 weeks later...
I've also noticed some new promotions entering, like Fighting Respect Wrestling, Brussels Pro Wrestling, and the London Fighting Championships, who have never gotten an owner. Those three have been sitting around in the game universe for a while, have collected money from sponsorships, but have never had an owner or signed a single wrestler. Any idea why?

I've also noticed some new promotions entering, like Fighting Respect Wrestling, Brussels Pro Wrestling, and the London Fighting Championships, who have never gotten an owner. Those three have been sitting around in the game universe for a while, have collected money from sponsorships, but have never had an owner or signed a single wrestler. Any idea why?

Well, they won't sign anyone, or book any shows, or anything really, until they have an owner. If they're sitting there for a while without one, it means that there isn't a single worker available with the right Business stats to buy them. Either people are too low, or too high, as they'll only look for a company that's in their Business range.

So, someone with an A in Business will only be looking at Global and International promotions, while someone with an E will be interested in Local and Regional feds. If you want to force those feds to be purchased, then edit someone's stats to what you think they'd need, and wait another month. If still nothing happens, then it means you missed with Business (I don't know the ranges). Change that up, and try again. Eventually, you'll hit the sweet spot, and those companies will come to life.

They'll have a pretty easy time surviving, too, with all that sponsorship money.

• 2 weeks later...

Right now, it looks like MOSC is on the chopping block. After viewing their data, it looks like their promotions are actually making money, but they lose about $100,000 at the end of each month, instead of gaining from sponsorships. Where is that money going?

In an interesting note, Geordie Jimmy was fired as head booker, I applied for the job, lost out to Larry Wood, then the promoter's son took over from him, fired Larry, and put Jimmy right back in his spot, and they have been losing money ever since.

MOSC is a Hardcore fed, so they don't get much in the way of sponsorship. For some reason, most companies frown upon exploding barbed-wire scaffold matches. Go figure.

So, they won't get much of anything for revenue, meaning that even their minimal marketing and Written contracts (Highland Warrior and family), coupled with the ever-delightful Miscellaneous costs, is enough to drive them steeply downward. Sounds like they're not doing enough to keep their costs down.

I thought sponsorships were determined by promotion size. I took one company from Local to Small, and another from Small to Regional, and both made a huge difference in my monthly bottom line. Then again, both of those were Traditional, so maybe the sponsors were more willing to jump in on it. Meanwhile, the only other fed to close was WEXXV, which was Garbage.

And I also thought an incompetent booker was responsible for their decline, but their shows draw fans and make money. It looks like it's the end of month accounting that kills them.

Sponsorship is effected by Promotion Size AND Product. Even if MOSC went Global, Disney would still want nothing to do with them. Less competition for sponsorship slots means it's worth less. Less revenue, but the same expenses, means you make less money. If you make a LOT less revenue, then you lose money.

Archived