how to unliscence something

Just an extra tidbit on this... a couple of us have had problems accessing the eLicense control from within the Control Panel in XP. As best we can tell, it's an XP problem, rather than with eLicense. But basically, it doesn't let you get to the place Tim mentions where you can unlicense. If you have this problem, a work-around we've found is to download a freeware program called Explorer XP from [url]www.explorerxp.com[/url]. It looks a lot like the Windows Explorer file viewer. You can right-click on the "GAME.EXE" file within Explorer XP (replace GAME with your game name), and it allows you to unlicense from there. (Note: I've found you may have to double-click on the .EXE file from within Explorer XP to get the unlicense option to appear; this will load the game, so just close the game and right-click again on the EXE, and the unlicense option then appears.)

Well then, kudos to markprior22 as well. I had been battling the unlicense issue with the eLicense people 2 different times and we could never get the issue resolved. At least this way I can unlicense the games myself rather than having to email someone to do it for me.

Ok, so what info will I need to save when I unlicense say TEW, I mean like the license number and all that, but what info will I need when I re-install the game. Just the license number? Sorry if this sounds like a whole run on sentence, I'm on Thera-Flu right now ;)

Archived