~ What's you're routine? ~

What's you're usual routine when you start a new game?

Mine is as follows:

1.Choose Promotion

2.Check what weight divisions I have and which I need to bolster.

3.Check the "Characters" tab and filter for some fighters with a high fight win ratio, filter for some young promising looking fighters and any other that look good for my promotion.

4.Try to strike a PPV deal.

Etc.

Anyone else care to share? :D

Especially if I'm starting as a smaller promotion, one of the first things I do is to pick out several fighters as the people I want to become the figureheads of the promotion. I usually like to start out with two or three young, talented guys or girls per weight class that I can lock up to long-term contracts and that I plan on feeding winnable fights to and building up records and reputations for. At least a few of these fighters will be good enough to take advantage of the opportunity and will become reliably big draws for the promotion. And when I decide to pull the trigger and match two of my built up figureheads against one another, it feels like a legitimately important fight as well as being a big draw.

1. pick promotion

2. scout talent for divisions (Favor ability, and youth over record)

3. add every fighter that I can afford

4. book bi-monthly 6 fight shows

5. fill those shows with the most competitive fights possible

6. get PPV deal; Expand shows to 11 fights

7. Raid other orgs

8. Get TV deal have 9 fights on those cards

9. watch myself become the UFC in 4 years.

10. shoot for world domination by expanding to every weight class (WFW, WMW, WHW, FW, LW, WW, MW, LHW, HW)

Ten step guide to world domination.

When I start my own promotion I usually like to hire guys whose renders I like. I think it's a good method of getting a good mix of talent.

I try to build up my most skilled fighters until I have to match them up to gain popularity.

I usually have sucky guys fight until one of them happens to go on a tear, because popular fighters who aren't very good are great for building up your stars (Houston Alexander/Tito Ortiz).

I usually run two shows a month until I become popular enough to get a PPV deal.

When I get a TV show deal I have a mainstay for that area who I can put in a main event everytime against pretty much anyone I want.

When I'm making lots of money I start hiring undiscovered talent to build up. All it takes is a few PPV/TV appearances for them to become huge--and expensive.

But, sometimes I just mess around and become an intentional feeder league, letting the larger promotions take my top guys and trying to stay afloat. Or, sometimes I like to build a roster of all cans and see if I can make a star out of someone really terrible.

Archived