LIGHTWEIGHT

KENNY MAGILTON [7-3, 1-1 GAMMA] -VS- LUKE HILTON [7-0, 0-0 GAMMA]

MIDDLEWEIGHT

THOMAS SMITH [11-1, 2-0 GAMMA] -VS- ADAM WHITE [5-0, 0-0 GAMMA]

PRELIMINARY FIGHTS

LIGHTWEIGHT - BENNY DANARE -VS JOEL ADAMS

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT - JUNIOR PANTINKIN -VS- KEN PETERS

GAMMA 42 BREAKDOWN

GARTH WARD: Welcome, everyone, once again to the GAMMA Breakdown! With me as always tonight, my broadcast colleague, Tom Bellfort!

TOM BELLFORT: Thanks Garth, tonight we'll take a look at the upcoming GAMMA 42 and get GAMMA President Matt Tripp's thoughts on the Light Heavyweight championship main event!

WARD: All that and more, tonight on the Breakdown!

PRELIMINARY FIGHTS

WARD: First up we're going to take a look at the preliminary match-ups for GAMMA 42, where we'll see three newcomers to the GAMMA cage looking to make an impact.

BELLFORT: You know, Garth, I really like the first match-up for our preliminaries; 'The Iron Man' versus 'The Man of Steel'!

WARD: (chuckling) That's right, Tom; judo standout 'The Iron Man' Junior Patinkin makes his GAMMA debut against another newcomer, and this guy comes with an eight fight winning streak, 'The Man of Steel' Ken Peters. Tom, who you got?

BELLFORT: Peters, hands down; he just looks too good for 'The Iron Man'.

WARD: Our second preliminary match-up will see the undefeated, much-hyped Benny 'The Jet' Danare enter the GAMMA cage for the first time since his signing last summer; he takes on veteran Joel Adams.

BELLFORT: You know, about ten years ago, when Joel was cementing his reputation as 'The Mercenary' and he was this agile 10-2 wrestler I might've given him a chance against a young guy like Danare. Adam's veteran edge should allow him to expose just how green 'The Jet' is. . . but I think Danare is too good, and Adams is too old, for that to happen.

WARD: Indeed, I recently had the privelidge of watching 'The Jet' work out in the cage with Bruce Steven up at Montreal Fight Sciences, and its just scary how much potential Danare has here in GAMMA.

' THE SOLDIER OF FORTUNE' THOMAS SMITH -vs- 'HOLLYWOOD' ADAM WHITE

BELLFORT: Undefeated here in GAMMA, Thomas Smith will be looking to extend that streak to 3-0 when he meets the debuting Adam White.

WARD: White went 5-0 before GAMMA took note, his fifth win coming last year when 'Hollywood' earned his nickname by dispatching MMA legend Greg Atteveld in an astonishing 45 second knockout!

BELLFORT: While knocking out 'The Master' in the fashion he did is just astounding, I'm really interested to see just how much of 'Hollywood' is hype or if this kid's the real deal.

WARD: Thomas Smith is certainly no one to look past as Jorge Hormazabal found out in their meeting last year; the 2-0 Hormazabal went into the fight talking about making short work of 'The Soldier of Fortune' only to find himself on the losing end of a decision! Smith versus White could be a real contender for Fight of the Night if Smith has continued to improve, and if White's hype machine turns out to be more than just hype.

'sXe' KENNY MAGILTON -VS- 'THE HILLBILLY HAMMER' LUKE HILTON

WARD: After going 1-1 in his first two outings with GAMMA, Kenny Magilton looks to establish some momentum in his fight with the dangerous 'Hillbilly Hammer' Luke Hilton.

BELLFORT: You know, Magilton is a guy I want to like, Garth; he put up a good fight in his debut against Aaron McBroom but got caught with a nasty uppercut in the 2ns round. Then he bounced right back against a guy we were talking about earlier, Joel Adams, with a dominant decision victory. But against a guy like Hilton, I can't help but think we're in for a repeat of his fight with McBroom.

WARD: You might be right, Tom, and I don't really mean that as a discredit to Magilton but more as praise for Hilton; that guy has anvils for fists!

SIMON 'HELL BOY' VINE -VS- 'DANGEROUS' DAVID ALLEN

BELLFORT: Two of the most promising rising stars in GAMMA's sky, Simon Vine and David Allen, meet up in the cage at GAMMA 42. After tasting defeat against current Welterweight champion Julio Reguiro, in the fight that earned 'Spanish Silk' a Welterweight title shot, Allen bounced back with a decisive 1st round submission over Joe Hinchcliffe and looks to turn that win into a streak here.

WARD: But, standing in his way, the always dangerous Simon 'Hell Boy' Vine. Like Allen, Vine was looking for a Welterweight title shot last time out but he fell victim to the rear-naked choke of Reguiro's next challenger, Jack Humphreys. Can Vine bounce back from the loss of a title shot as his opponent, David Allen, did? Or will Allen fend off 'Hell Boy' in his quest for a Welterweight title shot?

NORBERT 'THE ROCK' VINKUS -VS- 'CHIEF' FATUMA ROY

WARD: After racking up two very impressive Submission of the Night victories in a row, 'Chief' Fatuma Roy faces his first big challenge in GAMMA. . .

BELLFORT: Big challenge, indeed! Standing in his way is surefire GAMMA Hall of Famer Norbert 'The Rock' Vinkus! A couple of years ago, most fans thought Vinkus was only a fight or two away from stepping out of the cage for good. But after going 3-1 in his last four outings, 'The Rock' is enjoying a much deserved resurgance.

WARD: There is even talk of Vinkus getting a Heavyweight title shot is he is able to dispatch Roy! While I can't say how that makes Raul Hughes feel, Hughes a man who has gone 4-0 since losing his first professional fight ever to current champion James Foster & has been obsessed with getting another shot, it is certainly a driving force in 'The Rock's' motivation against the hungry Fatuma Roy.

'THE MEAN MACHINE' MAC FULLER -VS- 'THE AMAZING' JJ REID

BELLFORT: After losing his Middleweight title to young sensation Neil Napier last fall, Mac Fuller is back in the cage looking to earn his way back to the top.

WARD: But, standing in his way, is a young fighter not so unlike Napier, 'The Amazing' JJ Reid! Sure, Reid is a jiu-jitsu fighter from Quebec, and Napier a practitioner of kung fu from Hawaii; but both men are nearly ten years the junior of Fuller, and both go into their bout with very impressive win streaks behind them.

BELLFORT: Very true, Garth. It will be interesting to see if Fuller can stand-up to the young onslaught of middleweights, or if 'The Mean Machine' is starting to breakdown.

MAIN EVENT - GAMMA LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

'THE CROATION SENSATION' ZVONIMIR ASANOVIC © -VS- 'THE BIG DOG' LINFIELD BALLARD

WARD: For Ballard and his fans, this match has been a long time coming. . .

BELLFORT: A former Light Heavyweight champion, it has been four-and-a-half long years since 'The Big Dog' recieved a shot at the title he held for two years. After losing the belt to Mark Cohen, and his next two fights, Ballard was on the verge of losing his contract with GAMMA before his impressive knockout of John Rivero, a man who, to that point, had been thought untouchable.

WARD: As promised, we're joined now by GAMMA President Matt Tripp. Matt, always a pleasure. . .

TRIPP: It's funny you should be talking about that Rivero fight right before you introduce me, because I was just talking to Linfield about earlier today. I told him, straight up, that fight saved his ass because I was going to cut him right after the fight if he lost again. At the time, he thought knocking out 'Ripper' earned him a shot at the belt but I had other plans, with Cohen versus Van Den Hauwe already booked and Asanovic on-tap after that. But Linfield was determined, and demanded that I give him the best so he could prove he was still better than the best.

WARD: Which led to Ballard giving Kendall Tracey his first GAMMA loss, and although he was no-longer champion when they met again, he avenged his loss to Mark Cohen.

TRIPP: Exactly. Now Asanovic has worked his way through Christian Mountfield, LeToussier, and Bryan Van Den Hauwe and is still undefeated; that's insane. So its time for 'The Big Dog' to get in the yard and show his dominance again.

BELLFORT: What can you say to the people who were clamoring for an Asanovic/Mike Watson fight at GAMMA 42?

TRIPP: Well, I can say, that, in the very near future, Mike Watson will be taking on Lawrence Herringbone and the winner of that fight will get the winner of Asanovic/Ballard sometime in the summer!

WARD: Thanks for joining us, Matt; and thank you, everyone for joining us as well. If you haven't already, be sure to contact your local Public Access Select pay-per-view provider and order GAMMA 42!

BELLFORT: You won't want to miss it! For Garth Ward, Matt Tripp, and all of us here in the control room, I'm Tom Bellfort. . . we'll see you in the cage!

((OOC: My one complaint with the default database is the lack-of-depth given to starting win-loss records, so with these Breakdown shows and the in-card commentary I'm going to do my best to flesh out the promotion based on the information that the default data does give; hope everyone likes. Predictions welcome, GAMMA 42 will be up sometime tonight!)

============================================

PREDICTION KEY

JUNIOR PATINKIN [4-1, 0-0 GAMMA] -VS- KEN PETERS [8-0, 0-0 GAMMA]

BENNY DANARE [8-0, 0-0 GAMMA] -VS- JOEL ADAMS [16-13, 1-2 GAMMA]

SIMON VINE [19-6, 3-1 GAMMA] -VS- DAVID ALLEN [14-2, 5-1 GAMMA]

NORBERT VINKUS [13-7, 7-3 GAMMA] -VS- FATUMA ROY [20-8, 2-0 GAMMA]

MAC FULLER [29-5, 15-3 GAMMA] -VS- JJ REID [26-2, 6-0 GAMMA]

LHW- ZVONIMIR ASANOVIC © [15-1, 9-0 GAMMA] -VS- LINFIELD BALLARD [21-8, 9-2 GAMMA]

PREDICTION KEY

JUNIOR PATINKIN [4-1, 0-0 GAMMA] -VS- KEN PETERS [8-0, 0-0 GAMMA]

BENNY DANARE [8-0, 0-0 GAMMA] -VS- JOEL ADAMS [16-13, 1-2 GAMMA]

SIMON VINE [19-6, 3-1 GAMMA] -VS- DAVID ALLEN [14-2, 5-1 GAMMA]

NORBERT VINKUS [13-7, 7-3 GAMMA] -VS- FATUMA ROY [20-8, 2-0 GAMMA]

LHW- ZVONIMIR ASANOVIC © [15-1, 9-0 GAMMA] -VS- LINFIELD BALLARD [21-8, 9-2 GAMMA]

I think Fuller will take Reid.......Speaking from past experience.

Really like the set-up feels so......familiar. Looking forward to seeing how your GAMMA differs to mine. Are you using Fresh Start database, because that includes 600+ new fighters? Best of luck.

GAMMA ANNOUNCE TV DEAL WITH THE POP! NETWORK; FIRST MAIN EVENT

Fight Club TV to premiere Saturday, Week 2, February 1999

GAMMA President Matt Tripp held a press conference today to announce the debut of GAMMA Fight Club TV on The Pop! Network. Fight Club TV will be an infrequently held special, airing live at 10PM once every 3-5 months on Saturday evenings.

Tripp also announced a blockbuster, PPV-caliber main event for the premiere show! GAMMA Lightweight Champion 'The Man With No Nickname' Sean Morrison will defend his crown for a record sixth time when he steps into the cage with an undefeated 'Mr. Intensity' Bruce Steven!

UPDATE! Here on Blurcat, we're proud to bring you an exclusive newsbite! Though unofficial at this point, we can confirm that GAMMA is expected to announce Dan Halvorsen vs Charles Stiles as the co-main event of Fight Club TV!

Really like the set-up feels so......familiar. Looking forward to seeing how your GAMMA differs to mine. Are you using Fresh Start database, because that includes 600+ new fighters? Best of luck.

Thanks! Had toyed with a UFC diary, but I think thats covered right now. Then the itch to play CVerse hit me, and I went with this instead! Having lots of fun so far; just using the default data.

I just realized that I forgot to include JJ Reid/Mac Fuller in the prediction key so you might want to edit your post. I haven't decided exactly what kind of prediction 'game' I'm going to run, but if you want me to count that match for you I'll need the prediction.

Also, thanks to whoever rated me 5 stars! I'll try not to disappoint; thus far I really like how things are unfolding in-game! :D

GAMMA FIGHT CLUB TV

MAIN EVENT

LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE FIGHT

'The Man With No Nickname'

Sean Morrison

CHAMPION

[26-3, 14-1 GAMMA]

. . . versus . . .

'Mr. Intensity'

Bruce Steven

[20-1, 5-0 GAMMA]

FEATURED WELTERWEIGHT BOUT

'The Perfectionist'

Dan Halvorsen

[35-11-2, 14-6 GAMMA]

. . . versus . . .

'Rogue'

Charles Stiles

[14-2, 4-1 GAMMA]

FEATURED WELTERWEIGHT ATTRACTION

. . . MAKING HIS GAMMA DEBUT . . .

. . . INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR . . .

'The Locust'

Jonathon Huang

[0-0, 0-0 GAMMA]

. . . versus . . .

'All Business'

Phil Ball

[11-5, 3-1 GAMMA]

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT

JERRY BOGDONAVICH [5-0, 0-0 GAMMA] -VS- GLENN PIMM [29-11, 6-3 GAMMA]

HEAVYWEIGHT

TANK MANU'A [17-5, 1-0 GAMMA] -VS- CHRISTOPHER SHARP [9-1, 3-0 GAMMA]

PRELIMINARY FIGHTS

HEAVYWEIGHT - SYLVESTER COLLINS -VS HARVEY LOEB

LIGHTWEIGHT - BOSCO CURBEAM -VS- KYLE SAGAL

GAMMA 42

ASANOVIC -VS- BALLARD

SATURDAY, WEEK 3, JANUARY 1999

LIVE ON PPVFROM LAS VEGAS, NEVADA!

ATTENDANCE: 5,424

PPV BUYS: 68, 320

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT PRELIMINARY: Ken Peters def. Junior Patinkin via 1st round kimura (Great)

LIGHTWEIGHT PRELIMINARY: Benny Danare def. Joel Adams via unanimous decision (Very Poor)

An opening video is shown, showcasing each of GAMMA 42's main card fighters training for their respective fights. Matt Tripp narrates the video, explaining why some of the fights were put together and discussing his thoughts on several of the fighters; longer versions of these same clips are played before most fights throughout the night.

When the live feed begins, the crowd is buzzing as the first fight is announced. . .

MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION

THE SOLDIER OF FORTUNE

THOMAS SMITH

. . .versus . . .

HOLLYWOOD

ADAM WHITE

ROUND ONE

- The two trade jabs to start the round, neither gaining an advantage before White uses his jabs to set-up a succesful takedown.

- Smith keeps White in guard, blocking blows and attempting an unsuccesful guillotine.

- White keeps Smith smothered well past the halfway point of round one, eventually passing to half guard before trying to unload but Smith keeps firm in half guard.

- The last minute or so of the round is spent with the two struggling for control on the ground, working just enough to keep the ref from standing them up; White remains in half guard throughout.

GARTH WARD:
I think Adam White took that round 10-9 on my card.

TOM BELLFORT:
Absolutely, Garth.

ROUND TWO

- The second round starts much the same as the first, only this time the two box well past the halfway point with neither fighter dealing any real damage.

- In the final minute, White lands a jab and clean punch that allow him to get a takedown for points during the last few seconds of round two.

WARD:
Not much action that round, but those final moments are enough to give it to White 10-9.

ROUND THREE

- Knowing he is behind in points, Smith comes out trying to set a frantic pace; it allows him to gain enough of an upperhand to land a takedown.

- Smith tries to work for a better position while White looks for an opening to lock in a guillotine choke. After nearly a minute, White begins to look tired; the official finally stands them back up due to a lack of progress.

- Smith tries to work some punches, but eventually decides to go back to the takedown and it succeeds; the last bit of the round is spent with Smith controlling White on the ground but unable to gain position

BELLFORT:
Smith definitely took that round, but I don't think it was enough to take home the victory. Let's go to the judges for the official decision. . .

JUDGE 1: 29, 28, WHITE -- JUDGE 2: 29-28, WHITE -- JUDGE 3: 29-28, WHITE

WINNER BY UNANIMOUS DECISION: 'HOLLYWOOD' ADAM WHITE

RATING: AVERAGE

LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION

STRAIGHT EDGE

KENNY MAGILTON

. . .versus . . .

HILLBILLY HAMMER

LUKE HILTON

ROUND ONE

- After a short exchange of jabs, Hilton grapples with Magilton and uses dirty boxing to inflict some damage.

- As we reach the halfway point, Hilton is muscling Magilton against the cage and keeping control; Hilton uses the position to score with some elbow strike and a vicious uppercut that knocks Magilton off his feet!

- Hilton gains the mount, but Magilton is able to clinch and stop Hilton from unloading; Magilton does a sweep from the bottom and ends up on top in Hilton's guard!

- Magilton works for an americana as round one ticks away.

WARD:
Great action that round! Tom, how are you seeing it so far?

BELLFORT:
Very close round, but I give Hilton the 10-9 edge in that one.

ROUND TWO

- Hilton & Magilton spend the first half of the round boxing, neither fighter gaining an advantage; the boxing work brings them close together, and they grapple. Magilton shoots for a takedown from the grapple, but Hilton stuffs it.

- The second half of the round is spent grappling, Hilton gaining some cage control and defending Magilton's takedowns.

- After an exciting first round, a restless crowd starts booing the more technical second; the boos discourage an already tired Magilton, who tries for a half-hearted slam but Hilton slips away with a jab as round two expires.

BELLFORT:
Another close round there! Garth, you make the call this time. . .

WARD:
Not much in the way of offense from either man that round, but I have to think that Hilton's more solid defense allowed him to land more strikes in that early boxing exchange; 10-9 for the Hillbilly Hammer.

ROUND THREE

- Much like the second round, Hilton and Magilton engage in some stiff boxing; this time, however, Magilton is exhausted and takes several heavy but off-target shots from Hilton.

- Past the halfway point, Hilton still punishing the tired Magilton with stiff jabs; Magilton shoots in for a ragged looking takedown, and Hilton easily steps back to avoid it.

- Hilton counters with an explosive barrage of big punches!

- Magilton stumbles back against the cage, trying to cover up as Hilton unloads!

- The ref jumps in and stops the fight! Hilton wins!

WINNER BY TKO: 'THE HILLBILLY HAMMER' LUKE HILTON

RATING: GREAT

PRE-FIGHT VIDEO

SIMON VINE -VS- DAVID ALLEN

Footage is shown of Simon Vine working out at Slaughterhouse gym, sparring with JJ Reid as both men prepare for fights tonight.

VINE: Last time I was in the cage, I made a mistake. . . I dropped my hands, and [Callum] Henson caught me with a headkick. . .

While Vine talks, we see the headkick finish in his last fight against Callum Henson before it fades to David Allen working out at American Cage Fighters.

ALLEN: Vine's a tough guy, you know. . . but he's not good enough to beat me.

The finishes of Allen's last three matches are shown in quick succession, each a choke submission.

VINE: If Dave thinks he can outwrestle me, he's got another thing coming. . .

We see Vine manhandling several opponents with wrestling, in the clinch, and on the ground.

ALLEN: I want that Welterweight title, and Simon Vine is just another guy standing in my way. . .

WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION

HELLBOY

SIMON VINE

. . .versus . . .

DANGEROUS

DAVID ALLEN

ROUND ONE

- Allen comes out looking for a takedown, but Vine warns him off with a huge punch that barely misses his chin!

- Allen decides to trade blows, and scores with some quick, stinging punches as he tries to set-up another takedown; another huge fist from Vine barely misses.

- The two spend round one in a technical battle for supremacy, neither man gaining a clear advantage.

WARD:
Can you call a round a tie? I'm not sure I can pick a winner out in that one, Tom!

ROUND TWO

- Allen looks for a takedown right out of the gate again, and gets it! Vine pulls guard, and they spend the first half of the round mostly at a stalemate on the ground.

- The official stands them up with about two minutes remaining in the round.

- Vine initiates a grapple, which Allen uses to control him and eventually take him down; unfortunately for Allen, he isn't able to inflict more damage or improve his position before round two ends.

WARD:
Not so much close that time, but uneventful; Allen gets it 10-9 this time around.

ROUND THREE

- Vine enters the final round looking tired; despite that, he manages to grapple Allen into the cage. Vine can't keep control, though, and Allen reverses.

- After a moment of sloppy grappling, Allen finds a takedown! Vine pulls guard, and keeps Allen there for the remainder of round three.

JUDGE 1: 29, 28, ALLEN -- JUDGE 2: 29-28, ALLEN -- JUDGE 3: 29-28, ALLEN

WINNER BY UNANIMOUS DECISION: 'DANGEROUS' DAVID ALLEN

RATING: AVERAGE

PRE-FIGHT VIDEO

NORBERT VINKUS -VS- FATUMA ROY

VINKUS: 'The Rock' ain't no stepping stone!

Famous clips of Norbert Vinkus' GAMMA career are shown, including his early GAMMA championship win.

ROY: 'Cheif' is ready to stand tall in GAMMA; Rock is how I cement my place.

Fatuma Roy's two previous wins, but Submission of the Night winners, are shown.

VINKUS: When I beat 'Chief', I'm coming for Foster!

HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION

CHIEF

FATUMA ROY

. . .versus . . .

THE ROCK

NORBERT VINKUS

BELLFORT:
People have been saying that Vinkus has been back in old form as of late in more ways than one. . .

WARD:
You're not the only one, Tom; I haven't heard many good things coming out of Vinkus' camp leading into this fight.

ROUND ONE

- After a moment of circling, Roy shoots in for a takedown!

- Vinkus is unable to stop the lightning fast takedown, and ends up with his back to the cage and his legs trapped beneath Cheif. Roy hooks a guillotine only 50 seconds in!

- Vinkus taps!

WINNER BY GUILLOTINE SUBMISSION: 'CHIEF' FATUMA ROY

PRE-FIGHT VIDEO

MAC FULLER -VS- JJ REID

FULLER: The hardest part about losing the Middleweight title has been living with myself. . . that constant voice telling me I'm not good enough more. . .

We see Neil Napier's dominiating title win over Fuller as he speaks

REID: Mac Fuller is not good enough anymore. . . not good enough to beat Neil Napier. . . not good enough to be 'The Amazing' JJ Reid. . .

Shots from Reid's five match winning streak are shown as he talks in his thick French-Canadian accent

FULLER:
Tonight I'm gonna' shut that arrogant sumbitch up, and I'm going to prove to him. . . most of all, to myself. . . that I am good enough.

REID:
Tonight, I'm shutting down 'The Mean Machine'!

MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION

THE MEAN MACHINE

MAC FULLER

. . .versus . . .

THE AMAZING

JJ REID

ROUND ONE

- JJ Reid comes out with an oddly-angle combination, getting Fuller to cover up so he can shoot in; Fuller sees it, and swings at Reid to avoid the takedown.

- Fuller lands a nice jab, but Reid comes back with a hook to the ribs. Fuller presses closer and scores another jab; he begins firing off shots, but Reid ducks the blows and scores with a takedown!

- Reid winds up in guard, and quickly begins working for side control; Fuller is scrambling, but cleary looks lost as Reid not only gets side control buts rolls Fuller over and takes his back!

- With one minute remaining in the round, Reid looks to lock in an armbar. .. and he has it!

- Fuller taps!

WINNER BY ARMBAR SUBMISSION: 'THE AMAZING' JJ REID

PRE-FIGHT VIDEO

ZVONIMIR ASANOVIC -VS- LINFIELD BALLARD

BALLARD: It's taken me a long time to get back here, and I'm not going to let it slip away. . .

We see Linfield's Light Heavyweight title win and his more impressive defenses.

ASANOVIC: Linfield is a good competitor, but he cannot beat me. . . no-one in GAMMA can stop me. . .

Asanovic speaks through an interpreter, video shown of his most brutal knockouts from his 10-0 streak.

BALLARD: I'm more on top of my game now than I ever have been. . . tonight, Asanovic is in 'The Big Dog's' yard. . .

We see Linfield, as well as his brother Ashley and GAMMA heavyweight Raul Hughes, training hard at Evolution MMA.

ASANOVIC: GAMMA has set another fighter in front of me, and I am ready to knock him down. . .

MAIN EVENT

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE FIGHT

THE CROATION SENSATION

ZVONIMIR ASANOVIC

CHAMPION

. . .versus . . .

THE BIG DOG

LINFIELD BALLARD

ROUND ONE

- Asanovic uses a few punches as set-up and shoots for a takedown, but Linfield counters with a big punch! It connects, but barely misses its mark.

- Asanovic tries to close the distance and wrestle, but Linfield isn't keen on wrestling with the champion and keeps his distance.

- Ballard throws a kick and finds nothing but air; Asanovic steps in and takes a second kick just above the hip! Asanovic steps in with a flurry of punches to push Ballard away, but Linfield sidesteps and connects with a stinging leg kick!

- We reach the halfway point, Asanovic having taken a step back to recover before pressing in again and taking another body kick! Ready for another kick, Asanovic sets up a takedown with jabs but gets surprised by a big counter punch!

- The time runs out before Ballard can follow-up on the blow.

WARD:
Great round for the challenger! I'd score that 10-9 Ballard, maybe even a 10-8!

BELLFORT:
I'm not sure 'The Big Dog' dominated quite that much, but he definitely took that round! Those kicks were vicious!

ROUND TWO

- Asanovic comes out of his corner with knockout punch, but Ballard sidesteps it and lands a body kick! The two trade blows, Asanovic scoring with stiff jabs and short punches while Ballard delivers stinging leg & body kicks!

- The round continues like this before Asanovic decides to throw some kicks of his own, forcing Ballard to go on complete defense in the final moments of the round.

WARD:
A close round that time, but again Ballard scored big with those kicks!

BELLFORT:
Scored enough that I've got him just barely ahead of the champion in that round!

ROUND THREE

- Ballard sidesteps a barrage of punches a connects with a stiff jab, then counters Asanovic's jab with a vicious leg kick! The champion limps back a few steps and Ballard tries to follow-up with a jab, but gets caught by a barrage of shots from the crafty Asanovic.

- Asanovic quickly composes himself before following up with another barrage of punches, but Ballard sidesteps and tags him with another stiff leg kick! The crowd audibly hisses at the sound of the impact on that one, and Asanovic can barely put weight on it now!

- Ballard goes for another leg kick, but Asanovic is on to him now and counters with a few stiff punches. Ballard steps in closer and goes for another leg kick, but he gets caught by a fast barrage of punches!

- Asanovic stumbles forward on his bad leg, pinning Ballard against the cage as he continues to unload!

- The ref jumps in and pulls Asasnovic off of Ballard, calling a stop to the fight!

WINNER BY TKO, AND STILL GAMMA LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: 'THE CROATION SENSATION' ZVONIMIR ASANOVIC!

CARD RATING: EXCELLENT

FIGHT OF THE NIGHT: ZVONIMIR ASANOVIC -VS- LINFIELD BALLARD

KNOCKOUT OF THE NIGHT: 'HILLBILLY HAMMER' LUKE HILTON (TKO'd Kenny Magilton

SUBMISSION OF THE NIGHT: 'CHIEF' FATUMA ROY (guillotine on Norbert Vinkus)

Archived