Two questions

[QUOTE=mh2365]1) will we be able to continue the season we start in the demo once we purchase the game? 2) for those testers .... does the in conference schedule rotate from season to season?[/QUOTE] 1) No. The save game may load, but it could lead to crashes or bugs so it's recomended to start a new game. 2) Yes

[QUOTE='[Icy]']1) No, as the final release will have bug fixes etc that won't be compatible. 2) Yes[/QUOTE] Good enough ... just wandered if I should get attached to my team or not :) , Good to know that the conference schedules do rotate.

When a developer recommends me to start over i do it. What is the point on playing the old save knowing that it will have bugs or possible incompatibilities/crashes? That is why i told him so he won't be attached to the team as probably he won't be able to keep playing with it safely and if he does, he will be pissed if his save game crashes after X seasons, won't he?

[QUOTE='[Icy]']When a developer recommends me to start over i do it. What is the point on playing the old save knowing that it will have bugs or possible incompatibilities/crashes? That is why i told him so he won't be attached to the team as probably he won't be able to keep playing with it safely and if he does, he will be pissed if his save game crashes after X seasons, won't he?[/QUOTE] I don't care about what he may want or anything like that, I just don't think a beta tester should be giving out false info.

[QUOTE=Mike D]I don't care about what he may want or anything like that, I just don't think a beta tester should be giving out false info.[/QUOTE] LOL False info??? I invite you to keep playing your demo save game in the final game, let's see if you can play it for a long time without bugs or not. Compatible in my dictionary means that i can keep playing without problems, not just that the game will load and will show you the first screen or will advance one season. Anyway i doubt you're going to buy the game. Looking at your posts in this board seems you're worried about putting Arlie, the beta team or the game down that to talk about the game to so let's forget this. You're right, i just expend my time in this forum lying, not trying to help.

[QUOTE='[Icy]']LOL False info??? I invite you to keep playing your demo save game in the final game, let's see if you can play it for a long time without bugs or not. Compatible in my dictionary means that i can keep playing without problems, not just that the game will load and will show you the first screen or will advance one season. Anyway i doubt you're going to buy the game. Looking at your posts in this board seems you're worried about putting Arlie, the beta team or the game down that to talk about the game to so let's forget this. You're right, i just expend my time in this forum lying, not trying to help.[/QUOTE] The thing is though, you were providing false info, anyway you look at it. It doesn't matter if you're trying to help or do what the developer recommends. The fact of the matter is, Arlie stated you can continue the demo save in the real version but it may be best not to because of potential problems (bugs and such). Where as you blatantly told mh that the demo save wouldn't work in the full version, which isn't the case at all. Whether mh wants to get attached to his demo save and his team and continue it in the real version and run the risk of losing the game or it not working is up to him. Your job as a beta tester is to provide feedback on the game to Arlie to help him improve it. It's not to lie to potential customers and discourage them from continuing a saved game. He asked a simple question, you gave him a false answer because you personally wouldn't continue a saved demo game, which doesn't mean he can't or shouldn't if he so wishes.

[QUOTE='[Icy]']LOL False info??? I invite you to keep playing your demo save game in the final game, let's see if you can play it for a long time without bugs or not. Compatible in my dictionary means that i can keep playing without problems, not just that the game will load and will show you the first screen or will advance one season. Anyway i doubt you're going to buy the game. Looking at your posts in this board seems you're worried about putting Arlie, the beta team or the game down that to talk about the game to so let's forget this. You're right, i just expend my time in this forum lying, not trying to help.[/QUOTE] Oh please. Get over yourself. If I wasn't going to buy the game, then I wouldn't have asked Arlie whether it would be possible to make the game to fit to screen instead of having to drop the taskbar at the bottom. Also, any comments I was making was in regards to the people on these boards who felt they could dictate what someone could post and nothing to do with the game itself. I'm very intrested in buying this game, so again, stop putting out false info.

[QUOTE='[Icy]']LOL False info??? I invite you to keep playing your demo save game in the final game, let's see if you can play it for a long time without bugs or not. Compatible in my dictionary means that i can keep playing without problems, not just that the game will load and will show you the first screen or will advance one season. Anyway i doubt you're going to buy the game. Looking at your posts in this board seems you're worried about putting Arlie, the beta team or the game down that to talk about the game to so let's forget this. You're right, i just expend my time in this forum lying, not trying to help.[/QUOTE] And by the way, show me where I put the Beta team down. I'd like to see this.

[QUOTE=Jeremy Weimer]The thing is though, you were providing false info, anyway you look at it. It doesn't matter if you're trying to help or do what the developer recommends. The fact of the matter is, Arlie stated you can continue the demo save in the real version but it may be best not to because of potential problems (bugs and such). Where as you blatantly told mh that the demo save wouldn't work in the full version, which isn't the case at all. Whether mh wants to get attached to his demo save and his team and continue it in the real version and run the risk of losing the game or it not working is up to him. Your job as a beta tester is to provide feedback on the game to Arlie to help him improve it. It's not to lie to potential customers and discourage them from continuing a saved game. He asked a simple question, you gave him a false answer because you personally wouldn't continue a saved demo game, which doesn't mean he can't or shouldn't if he so wishes.[/QUOTE] Ok guys i give up, maybe the problem is that i'm not English native speaker but i don't see a big difference on saying that he can't keep playing the demo savegame in the final game than to say that you can load the save game but it could lead to bugs, crashes, frustration and a waste of your time. So i'm sorry if you guys feel i lied. I should have answered: No, you can't safely continue the season, but it will load in the final game if you try it. I have edited my answer to the original question so nobody will feel lied by me. Also from now if somebody asks something like: "Can i fly if i jump out of a windows from a 10th floor?" I will answer: "Yeah you can fly until you hit the street floor".

[QUOTE='[Icy]']When a developer recommends me to start over i do it. What is the point on playing the old save knowing that it will have bugs or possible incompatibilities/crashes? That is why i told him so he won't be attached to the team as probably he won't be able to keep playing with it safely and if he does, he will be pissed if his save game crashes after X seasons, won't he?[/QUOTE] I took it the right way Icy and since I was the one that asked the question then that's all that really matters..... seems to me others just wanted to pick a fight with you for little or no reason. Thanks for the answer, because if Arlie recommended starting over IMO that's the same as you need to start over. Your analogy was right.

*shaking head* At least to me, when the developer says "Yeah, you can do it, but you'll get crashes, and I don't recommend it". It means "No, don't do it, it's not compatible". I find it surprising that rather than say "Thanks, ICY, for taking the time to answer questions", people accuse him of lying. Some people ...

[QUOTE=SkyDog]FWIW, Arlie just mentioned at FOFC that the next build will make savegames incompatible.[/QUOTE] So i'm not a liar as some guys wanted to point :)

Archived