Any guides to create a stand-up only fighter?

I know I tend to harp on about this a lot but do any of you know of any fighters that never try to take the fight to the ground and excel in standup, and how to create them? What things you should avoid for their stats and whatnot? Would appreciate it, though I've turned off GnP, 7/10 of my fights end by submission if I'm lucky, 2/10 will be decision and if I'm also lucky, 1/10 will be a knockout. There's gotta be a way to create a stand-up fighter who won't take it to the mat. I know there's reasons why they take it to the mat, like their tactics but is there really no way to create say, a better Bogdonovich?

You can't avoid them taking it to the ground now and then, but I will say that by turning down GnP you've only increased the likelihood of a submission. Because you have no GnP, when the fight goes there, the fighter would have no other way of winning the fight.

I'm aware of that, yeah. But surely there's gotta be one or two fighters that keep it standing?

The best way is to go in and adjust their tactics manually. Put excellent at avoid takedowns and cautious ground. That shold do the trick.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Predicted" data-cite="Predicted" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28166" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It never made sense to me that fighters such as helio would ever try a takedown.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have seen Helio submit a hell of a lot of respectable fighters so it doesn't seem that illogical to me.</p>

I have seen Helio submit a hell of a lot of respectable fighters so it doesn't seem that illogical to me.

Yeah, Helio normally goes to Escola da Luta and starts developing his ground skills. In my GAMMA game (I'm somewhere around 130 right now) his ground game is as good as his standup.

Yeah, Helio normally goes to Escola da Luta and starts developing his ground skills. In my GAMMA game (I'm somewhere around 130 right now) his ground game is as good as his standup.

Absolutely. I have seen him earn purple belts in submission offence and defence.

It's MMA. Not Kickboxing. Deal.

Is this the only ****ing reasonable response someone can come up with? DURP ITS CALLED MMA NOT KICKBOXING.

Really? Chuck Liddell, Mirko Crocop, Dan Hardy, Wanderlei Silva, Shane Carwin. There's some names of STAND UP fighters who flourished or are flourishing in the business and are, guess what, STAND UP fighters. Where are they in this game unless they get took the **** down and lay n pray'd by some boring fighter like Bohlin or a Matthew Dean? Is it so hard to make a fighter who decides to bang instead of attempt a takedown when there's no purpose?

I hate this stupid retort. "MMA, not kickboxing", what an annoying comment.

1 - Please stop swearing, you know that it is not permitted on these boards.

Is it so hard to make a fighter who decides to bang instead of attempt a takedown when there's no purpose?

2 - No; or at least not judging from the feedback, as it seems that most people aren't having this issue. As I think I've said before when you've brought this issue up, I'm having no problem achieving it either - not once in upward of a hundred matches have I ever seen Carlos da Guia take a fight to the ground, for example - so it is likely something to do with how you are setting them up. I suggest you send a copy of your database with the fighter and opponent you are having issues with to me so that I can have a look and tell you exactly where you are going wrong.

It's not where I'm going wrong, per say. I just want to know which stats I should definitely not boost him on, mostly its ground control, defensive positioning, offensive positioning, ground escape and ground flexibility. Another one is sweeping, while it'd be great to have a fighter never taken to the ground, if he did and he performed a sweep, despite having no GnP and no Submission skills, would he bother trying to pass or would he just get back up again?

Other stats I'm rocky on are the clinch and wrestling ability. Along with grappling. I've made a character before with this stuff but he still tried a takedown, I'm gonna hopefully try again and make sure he tries no takedowns and if he sweeps or counters one, refuses to try to pass or pound.

Archived