God Bless Texas - 1977 C-Verse

Its about time I get on track with my predictions.

Another really good show. I didn't see Double Disaster sticking around, I figured they were jobber to the stars tag team. Their a lot cheaper but if you REALLY wanted Team Cali you should have gone with Gone Hollywood and Jackson :D

Very good show though looking forward to this Tucker/Floyd stuff as well.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Loved the Samoans this time.

There are never any monster pushes for unstoppable Samoans any more. And there should be.

Theyre brilliant.

I admit, I've been looking for a reason to recreate the Wild Samoans for some time. Double Disaster? Close enough for me.

Its about time I get on track with my predictions.

Another really good show. I didn't see Double Disaster sticking around, I figured they were jobber to the stars tag team. Their a lot cheaper but if you REALLY wanted Team Cali you should have gone with Gone Hollywood and Jackson :D

Very good show though looking forward to this Tucker/Floyd stuff as well.

To be honest, Plan A was actually signing Gone Hollywood, but Richard Eisen swooped in and signed Hollywood Mike Kinsey on a written deal before I could make an offer. So after fruitlessly trying to match Brick with someone else, I decided on Plan C - Double Disaster. And in my game, both men worked for CPW, so it made even more sense.

You've made the environment of Texas wrestling so rich and engrossing, and I'm loving how it is starting to evolve without Rip Chord around. I've been doing some similar recreations in my own TWL game, which I'll PM you about soon-- just getting to around March in the game and starting to develop a solid direction.

I can't wait to see if Johnny Boy joins The Outlaws or not!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="falling_star" data-cite="falling_star" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28488" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You've made the environment of Texas wrestling so rich and engrossing, and I'm loving how it is starting to evolve without Rip Chord around. I've been doing some similar recreations in my own TWL game, which I'll PM you about soon-- just getting to around March in the game and starting to develop a solid direction.<p> </p><p> I can't wait to see if Johnny Boy joins The Outlaws or not!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hey thanks. I've gotta say that I actually prefer writing TWL without Chord, even though my match and angle ratings have slipped slightly.</p><p> </p><p> Looking forward to a PM about your game!</p>

From the Notebook of Referee Billy

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/NeilFearn.jpg

January 1978

“Billy, its time,” I heard the voice of my lovely wife drift in from the kitchen. “I know honey, I just turned on the television. M*A*S*H already started. Hey get this, Margaret thinks she might be pregnant! Gotta be Frank’s kid, right? Or do you think its Hawkeye’s? Nah, no way. Or Radar?” I chuckled under my breath. There was no answer from the other room. “I mean, its time…to go…to…the…hospital!” she wheezed between clenched teeth, apparently in mid-contraction. “Oh ****!” I yelled, my usually calm demeanor instantly replaced by that of a madman. I sprinted across the lime green shag carpet into the kitchen and grabbed my wife’s trembling hand. I walked her as quickly as possible out the front door, grabbing the suitcase on the way, and into the waiting station wagon. We’re having our baby!

I stood pacing outside the delivery room, awaiting news of our little baby. Finally after what seemed like an eternity a doctor emerged, wearing a long blue gown and matching face mask. He pulled the mask aside. “Well Mr. Barrowman, congratulations. It’s a boy!” I squeezed him involuntarily into a huge bearhug. The Lone Star Stampeder walked over and playfully asked the doc if he submitted. I laughed and let go. Stampy gave me a clap on the back and a huge cigar. “Congrats kid,” he said, lighting up his own cigar in the hospital waiting room. After lighting mine, he passed out cigars to the other wrestlers sitting there. I shook hands with each in turn, first Johnny Boy Tucker, then Shannon Kelly, (still his real-life girlfriend…against Stampy’s wishes…kayfabe, kayfabe) and finally Archie Judge, some of my closest friends. It’s a boy! Holy cow.

“What are we going to name him?” my wife asked when I finally got to see her and our son. “How about Thom?” I asked, knowing what her reaction would be. “Really?” she beamed, gently rubbing Thom's head, “after my dad? Oh Billy, thank you thank you. What about a middle name?” “Austin,” I replied without hesitation. Austin McCoy had made me promise on his deathbed that I not name my child after him. But he’d never said a word about using Austin as a middle name. “Thom Austin Barrowman,” I said, letting the name roll off my tongue. “I like it. How are the Finches?” Our neighbors, also pregnant, had come to the hospital earlier in the day. “They had a boy too Billy. They named him Jeremy. How sweet will that be to have our little boys grow up together? Thom Barrowman and Jeremy Finch will probably be friends forever!” I stood next to her, holding her hand. “You’re right,” I laughed, “they probably will be. Future tag team champions I'm sure.” She giggled, looking at the peaceful baby asleep on her belly. I was happier than I’d been in my entire life. I’m a daddy!

“Thom Austin Barrowman,” I said, letting the name roll off my tongue. “I like it. How are the Finches?” Our neighbors, also pregnant, had come to the hospital earlier in the day. “They had a boy too Billy. They named him Jeremy. How sweet will that be to have our little boys grow up together? Thom Barrowman and Jeremy Finch will probably be friends forever!”

LOVE IT!!!

Your still doing a great job here boss. I must tip my hat to you because you have lasted longer with them than I could. I just could not hold the band togethor. First it was Deacon, then another, then another, the final straw was Rip. I hope to continue reading what you post sir.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="falling_star" data-cite="falling_star" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28488" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>LOVE IT!!!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks, this was actually the nexus of my project, trying to connect 1977 to 2010. As you'll see, more nods to the modern C-Verse are coming. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MichiganHero" data-cite="MichiganHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28488" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So you are Scout (or Guide)'s dad. Mavel tov.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yup, guessed it. I have to give props to rrgleason...he PM'ed me a few weeks ago and correctly guessed the identity of 'my' child. Nice work rr!! </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cmdrsam" data-cite="cmdrsam" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28488" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Your still doing a great job here boss. I must tip my hat to you because you have lasted longer with them than I could. I just could not hold the band togethor. First it was Deacon, then another, then another, the final straw was Rip. I hope to continue reading what you post sir.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks! I really enjoyed your take on TWL (after you pointed me to them) and wished it would've gone on longer...more for me to poach! It is somewhat discouraging that SWF is gutting my roster (more coming...) but also an enjoyable challenge. If I really was just shooting for grades, Gorgeous George DeColt (far and away the best available wrestler) would've been signed months ago. But he doesn't fit in storyline-wise yet. Yet. </p><p> </p><p> I'm sure I'll lose Nero, Chief, and Deacon at some point, but am trying to groom their successors slowly but steadily.</p>

<div style="text-align:center;"><p><span style="font-size:12px;">From the Notebook of Referee Billy</span></p></div><p></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28488" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/TWL.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> Texas Wrestling League's next event, <strong>Wild Side</strong> has been advertised with the following matches. I'd give witty insight into each match, but the baby's crying...again.</p><p> </p><p> No Holds Barred: 'Perfect' Pat Deacon v. Machete</p><p> Dog Collar Match: Prophet v. TimberWolf w/Professor Nero</p><p> No Holds Barred: Trailer Park Kid v. Rampage</p><p> Captain USA v. Blackheart Jones</p><p> Johnny Boy Tucker/Floyd Bowman/Mean Mark Green v. Border Runners (Carlos, Don Juan, Luis Reyes)</p><p> Viper v. Professor Nero</p><p> Mark 'The Lariat' Krogan/Team Texas (Archie Judge/Lone Star Stampeder) v. Jason Jackson/Double Disaster (Eruption/Tsunami)</p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote>

<p>No Holds Barred: <strong>'Perfect' Pat Deacon</strong> v. Machete</p><p> </p><p>

Dog Collar Match: Prophet v. <strong>TimberWolf</strong> w/Professor Nero</p><p>

Wolf hasnt won for ages, and needs a win to set up Nero/Two-Eagles</p><p> </p><p>

No Holds Barred: Trailer Park Kid v. <strong>Rampage</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Captain USA v. <strong>Blackheart Jones</strong></p><p>

havent seen the cap for a while, but Blackheart is going on a run</p><p> </p><p>

Johnny Boy Tucker/Floyd Bowman/Mean Mark Green v. <strong>Border Runners</strong> (Carlos, Don Juan, Luis Reyes)</p><p>

continuing the will he join or not storyline with trouble in the trio</p><p> </p><p>

Viper v. <strong>Professor Nero</strong></p><p>

should be good.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mark 'The Lariat' Krogan/Team Texas</strong> (Archie Judge/Lone Star Stampeder) v. </p><p>

Jason Jackson/Double Disaster (Eruption/Tsunami)</p><p>

love the Samoans, but I cant see Krogan losing</p>

<p>No Holds Barred: <strong>'Perfect' Pat Deacon</strong> v. Machete - Pat will continue to mow through these guys</p><p> </p><p>

Dog Collar Match: <strong>Prophet</strong> v. TimberWolf w/Professor Nero</p><p> </p><p>

No Holds Barred: Trailer Park Kid v. <strong>Rampage</strong> - Another hunch</p><p> </p><p>

Captain USA v. <strong>Blackheart Jones</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Johnny Boy Tucker/Floyd Bowman/Mean Mark Green v. <strong>Border Runners (Carlos, Don Juan, Luis Reyes)</strong> - I have a hunch</p><p> </p><p>

Viper v. <strong>Professor Nero</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mark 'The Lariat' Krogan/Team Texas</strong> (Archie Judge/Lone Star Stampeder) v. Jason Jackson/Double Disaster (Eruption/Tsunami) - The other guys just aren't going to be near over enough after one or two shows to get a victory.</p>

No Holds Barred: 'Perfect' Pat Deacon v. Machete

Dog Collar Match: Prophet v. TimberWolf w/Professor Nero

No Holds Barred: Trailer Park Kid v. Rampage

Captain USA v. Blackheart Jones

Johnny Boy Tucker/Floyd Bowman/Mean Mark Green v. Border Runners (Carlos, Don Juan, Luis Reyes)

Luis Reyes is a God. Therefore I pick him everytime. And is Carlos Reyes the one that becomes the first El Guardiano?

Viper v. Professor Nero

Mark 'The Lariat' Krogan/Team Texas (Archie Judge/Lone Star Stampeder) v. Jason Jackson/Double Disaster (Eruption/Tsunami)

Blame Team Texas. Viva The New Age!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MichiganHero" data-cite="MichiganHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28488" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> And is Carlos Reyes the one that becomes the first El Guardiano?</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't believe that Carlos Reyes was the first El Guardiano. The first, according to the '97 C-Verse (and I didn't see a reference to that name anywhere else) retired in the '50s. He could end up being El Guardiano for me...you know my (over?)use of masked wrestlers!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ajcrible" data-cite="ajcrible" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28488" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't believe that Carlos Reyes was the first El Guardiano. The first, according to the '97 C-Verse (and I didn't see a reference to that name anywhere else) retired in the '50s. He could end up being El Guardiano for me...you know my (over?)use of masked wrestlers!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah. Are The Executioner's random workers, or do they/will they have storylines to unmask them?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MichiganHero" data-cite="MichiganHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28488" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah. Are The Executioner's random workers, or do they/will they have storylines to unmask them?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The Executioners are actually Kenny Maynard and Babyface Dave. I'm not planning a grand 'unmasking' of them, but instead letting them (especially Maynard) develop before having them 'debut' as themselves and putting someone else under the hood. </p><p> </p><p> I particularly like pairing a young, talented worker with an older, more reliable partner and being able for them to take losses without having particular individuals (like Maynard) being seen as jobbers. Once Maynard 'debuts' he can be much more believable as a threat than if he'd been seen getting pinned show after show.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ajcrible" data-cite="ajcrible" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28488" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Executioners are actually Kenny Maynard and Babyface Dave. I'm not planning a grand 'unmasking' of them, but instead letting them (especially Maynard) develop before having them 'debut' as themselves and putting someone else under the hood. <p> </p><p> I particularly like pairing a young, talented worker with an older, more reliable partner and being able for them to take losses without having particular individuals (like Maynard) being seen as jobbers. Once Maynard 'debuts' he can be much more believable as a threat than if he'd been seen getting pinned show after show.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Awesome. Kenny Maynard would be good as a Flair-like character. I mean he even has an alt that screams "FABULOUS!"</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MichiganHero" data-cite="MichiganHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28488" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Awesome. Kenny Maynard would be good as a Flair-like character. I mean he even has an alt that screams "FABULOUS!"</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Exactly. And Flair would've been a legend if Verne Gagne had just put him under a mask for a year or two! Oh wait...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ajcrible" data-cite="ajcrible" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28488" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Exactly. And Flair would've been a legend if Verne Gagne had just put him under a mask for a year or two! Oh wait...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't get it.</p>

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/TWL.jpg

TWL Wild Side

Irvine Hall (MidSouth)

February 1978

Attendance: 3,372

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/PatDeacon1977.jpg w/http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/MajorWGReginald.jpg VS http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/Machete_alt.jpg w/http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/Rampage.jpg

No Holds Barred: ‘Perfect’ Pat Deacon w/Major W.G. Reginald III v. Machete w/Rampage

Billy’s Take: Deacon and Reginald came out first, Deacon looking focused and Reginald vigorously waving his now-trademark white towel over his head. Machete emerged from the back next, Rampage a step behind incessantly rubbing at his neck. Just like their meeting last month, Deacon and Machete were fairly evenly matched, particularly in a No Holds Barred environment, which allowed Machete to blatantly choke and gouge Deacon. Deacon fought back admirably, however, and managed to connect with the Deacon Driver to pick up the win.

Deacon d. Machete via Deacon Driver

Match Rating: B-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/CherokeeHawk.jpg VS http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/TimberWolf.jpg w/http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/ProfessorNero1977.jpg

Billy’s Take: Professor Nero led TimberWolf out by the ear for this match. As soon as the chain linked the leather collars around the necks of Prophet and TimberWolf, Nero’s canine protégé attacked. He controlled the early part of the match, obviously relishing an opportunity to compete in his specialty match. But Prophet mounted a heroic comeback, landing a forearm that sent TimberWolf over the top rope, nearly hanging the wolf-costumed wrestler by his collar and chain. Unsurprisingly, Nero just stood and stared at the carnage, a nasty little grin playing at the corners of his mouth. But when TimberWolf seemed to be in real trouble of losing, Nero jumped up on the apron with catlike quickness and blasted Prophet across the back with his trusty cane. Since Dog Collar matches cannot end in disqualification, I had no choice but to count the three as TimberWolf pinned his opponent.

TimberWolf d. Prophet via pinfall

Match Rating: C-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/MikeyMontana.jpg VS http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/Rampage.jpg w/http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/Machete_alt.jpg

No Holds Barred: Trailer Park Kid v. Rampage w/Machete

Billy’s Take: Nero must love gimmick matches as this is the third in a row he booked to start off the evening. In this one, Machete constantly distracted Trailer Park Kid, aiding his partner in Painted Paranoia by keeping the Kid from mounting any sustained offense. After Trailer Park Kid nearly connected with his Double Wide Dive off the second rope, Rampage locked in the Silent Death, nearly smothering the Kid in his rear-naked choke to pick up the submission win.

Rampage d. Trailer Park Kid via Silent Death

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/MikeyMontana.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/Rampage.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/Machete_alt.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/PatDeacon1977.jpg

After the match, Machete slid into the ring and assisted Rampage in beating up the Trailer Park Kid. Suddenly ‘Perfect’ Pat Deacon sprinted in from the back and dove into the ring, clearing out the team of Painted Paranoia with devastating punches. Deacon picked the Trailer Park Kid up off of the mat and took a microphone. “Kid,” Deacon began, “you and I ain’t always seen eye-to-eye. But these painted b*stards got to both of us tonight. And the way I figure it, you could use a partner ‘gainst them. Whaddya say Kid, wanna take out Painted Paranoia together?” Trailer Park Kid shrugged his shoulders as if in acquiescence and extended his hand towards Deacon. Deacon took it and shook it roughly, then raised both of their arms toward the sky. “It’s a deal.” C+

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/CalSanders_jtlant.jpg VS http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/BlackheartJones.jpg

Billy’s Take: As he entered the ring, Blackheart Jones raised his right hand in the salute of the Texas Outlaws, drawing boos from the crowd. His opponent, Captain USA, had no chance in this one. Despite having the crowd solidly behind him and feverishly chanting “U…S…A” (even though Jones is also an American…), Captain was no match for the brutal power of Blackheart. Jones finished him off with a piledriver after about five minutes of action.

Blackheart Jones d. Captain USA via piledriver

Match Rating: D+

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/BlackheartJones.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/JohnnyBoyTucker.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/FloydBowmn.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/MarkKrogan.jpg

As Blackheart Jones exited the arena, he passed Johnny Boy Tucker. The two had a long stare down before Jones raised his hand to form the ‘hook ‘em horns’ handsign of the Outlaws. Tucker simply shook his head and walked to the ring. “Floyd, Lariat, come out here please,” Johnny Boy said haltingly into the microphone, calling two of his best friends to the ring. Floyd Bowman came out first, as usual a whirling ball of nerves and tics. “So Johnny, have you made a ****in’ decision yet?” Bowman spit into the microphone. Before Tucker could answer, Mark ‘The Lariat’ Krogan emerged from the back. “Hold on a second there Johnny Boy. Think about this for a minute,” his gravelly voice boomed into the microphone. “Do you really want to be an Outlaw? You’re a good kid Johnny, someone who’ll be on the top of the wrestling world someday. In a couple years you might be world champ Johnny! But not if you join the Outlaws, not if you turn your back on me, your mentor and best friend.” Johnny Boy looked ready to speak when Bowman suddenly sputtered, “What the **** are you ****in’ spewin’ out of your ****in’ ***-damned mouth? Can’t the Outlaws be champs? The Masked Outlaw sure as **** was and maybe someday I’ll ****in’ take that gold ****in’ belt from you, you piece of ****!” Krogan growled and lunged toward Bowman before Tucker cut him off. “Stop it now you two!” Tucker nearly screamed into the microphone. “I ain’t puttin’ up with this from you two. Not now, not ever. I haven’t made up my mind on joinin’ the Outlaws. Floyd, it’s a hell of an offer, but this isn’t a decision I can make lightly. Mark’s like family, and has been for a really long time. I will team up with you tonight, Floyd, to take on the damned Border Runners,” Krogan started to protest, “BUT,” Tucker cut him off, “that don’t mean I’m an Outlaw,” he glanced at Bowman, “yet.” At that, Tucker dropped the microphone and went to a corner of the ring to get warmed up for the next bout. C+

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/FloydBowmn.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/JohnnyBoyTucker.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/MeanMarkGreen.jpg VS http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/CarlosReyes.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/DonJuanMartinez.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/LuisMontero1977.jpg w/http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/ShannonKelly.jpg

Floyd ‘F-Bomb’ Bowman/‘American Made’ Johnny Boy Tucker/Mean Mark Green v. The Border Runners (Carlos/Don Juan/Luis Reyes) w/Shannon

Billy’s Take: This was a match in which the out-of-ring tension between Don Juan Reyes, Shannon, Johnny Boy Tucker, and Floyd Bowman overshadowed the in-ring action. For example, there was one exchange in which Don Juan sleezily slid out of the ring to escape a vicious onslaught from Johnny Boy, gave Shannon a deep kiss, and then gave a mocking ‘hook ‘em horns’ handsign to Floyd. Bowman, already on edge, thundered after Don Juan, who slid back into the ring and quickly tagged in Luis Reyes, who jumped Tucker from behind. But in the end, the teamwork of Bowman and Green overcame any intra-team tension as they connected on a Nowhere to Run on Carlos Reyes to pick up the big win.

Bowman/Tucker/Green d. Border Runners via Nowhere to Run

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/Viper.jpg VS http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/ProfessorNero1977.jpg

Viper v. Professor Nero

Billy’s Take: Viper seemed somewhat lost in singles competition, having been part of a tag team for so long. Several times, in fact, he reached to the corner as if expecting Cobra to be waiting, only to have Nero take advantage of the momentary distraction. In the end, this indecisiveness cost the deadly Viper in a very entertaining match as Nero locked in the Descent into Madness and shook Viper until the latter passed out, giving Nero the submission win.

Professor Nero d. Viper via Descent into Madness

Match Rating: C+

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/ChiefTwoEagles1977_alt.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/CherokeeHawk.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/Cobra1977.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/Viper.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/TimberWolf.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/WarlordAgony1977.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/WarlordPain1977.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/ProfessorNero1977.jpg

As soon as the bell rang, Viper’s longtime tag team partner Cobra sprinted to the ring and caught Nero with a flying karate kick to the temple, sending the Professor skittering to the mat. As if in response, the Lords of War rumbled down to the ring, TimberWolf (figuratively) nipping at their heels. After Nero scrambled over to the corner to retrieve his prized eagle feather, his Lords of War picked him up off the mat. The Disciples of Evilness looked poised to attack the Crimson Serpent Cult when Chief Two Eagles and Prophet emerged from the back. The Disciples stopped dead in their tracks and Nero greedily watched the headdress-clad Chief slowly march to the ring. “Professor Mycroft Nero,” the Chief regally began, “your presence is a scourge upon this earth, a blight upon this land, a taint in an otherwise peaceful world. Your Disciples of Evilness must be destroyed and scattered to the four winds. My Nation,” he gestured to the Crimson Serpent Cult and the Prophet, “will see to it that your reign of terror comes to an end.” “An end,” Nero began in a sing-songy rasp, “the end, my end, your end, our end. End, end, end. What a funny word. End,” he enunciated, letting the final syllable roll off his tongue. Suddenly his gaze became focused and his voice dropped several octaves. “An end is only the beginning of something new, something terrifyingly beautiful. Oh, my reign of terror, as you perversely call it, has just begun. Because deep in your heart, deep in your soul, you know that we aren’t all that different, you and I. Good and evil? Just a matter of semantics my dear Chief. Just a matter of semantics.” Apparently Nero thought he’d lulled Chief Two Eagles into a sense of complacency as he suddenly lunged toward Chief’s brilliant eagle-feathered headdress. But Chief’s reflexes were lightning-quick and he turned aside Nero’s attack with a wristlock that forced Nero to drop the pilfered eagle feather on the mat. Quick as a wink, Prophet snatched the feather and the Nation backed slowly from the ring as Nero threw a tantrum over losing his prized possession. B

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/MarkKrogan.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/ArchiJudge1977.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/TheLoneStarStampeder.jpg VS http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/JasonJackson_MJSTARK.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/Eruption.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/Tsunami.jpg

Mark ‘The Lariat’ Krogan/Team Texas (Archie ‘The Governor’ Judge/The Lone Star Stampeder) v. ‘New School’ Jason Jackson/Double Disaster (Eruption/Tsunami)

Billy’s Take: ‘New School’ Jason Jackson and his powerful Samoan lackeys came to the ring first, the fans showering them with boos and disparaging remarks about both California and Jason’s sexuality. When Krogan and Team Texas emerged, the crowd erupted, cheering their hometown heroes. The match itself was a contrast in styles; Krogan is a bull-strong (though not bullshark-strong…) veteran with a notorious mean streak, Team Texas are plucky underdogs, Jason Jackson is an arrogant pr*ck that the fans want to see destroyed, and Double Disaster are overpowering, but still green, monsters. Each man had his moment of glory in the ring, but the match turned when an unlikely wrestler interjected himself in the match. In one particularly chaotic sequence, the Night Rider came out to the ring and grabbed Lone Star Stampeder’s foot. He pulled off Stampy’s boot and tossed it to Jason Jackson, who leveled Archie Judge while my back was turned (Kurt filled me in on the particulars later), allowing Jackson to make the pin and give his team the somewhat shocking victory.

Jackson/Double Disaster d. Krogan/Team Texas via pinfall

Match Rating: C

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/MarkKrogan.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/JasonJackson_MJSTARK.jpghttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/ajcrible/Texas%20Wrestling/TheNightRider.jpg

A slightly out-of-breath Mark ‘The Lariat’ Krogan grabbed the house microphone. “Jason Jackson,” he growled, “I want a piece of you…right there in the center of the ring.” Jason Jackson, in the midst of a hasty retreat, suddenly stopped and reached for the microphone. “What’s wrong Mark? Need me to prove the superiority of California again? This is getting tiresome. Ok, ok. Next show you get your shot at me…in a tag team match. Me and my backup here,” he indicated Night Rider, “against you and whoever you can convince to tag with a geriatric, washed-up old-timer. Good luck gramps!” He started to leave and then stopped and turned around in his tracks. “Now you might be wonderin’ why I’m not like gunning for your title. Oh Mark, believe me, I want to take a Texas title back to California in the worst way. But first I want to take like your manliness, your dignity, that bull**** all you Texans spew about like honor and pride. Then I'll take your title.” He resumed his exit, but turned back one last time, slapping his hand theatrically on his forehead, “I almost forgot the most important thing, and the ladies never would’ve forgiven me. So until next time, keep screamin’, keep beamin’, and keep on California dreamin’!” D+

Johnny Boy Tucker/Floyd Bowman/Mean Mark Green v. Border Runners (Carlos, Don Juan, Luis Reyes)

Viper v. Professor Nero

Mark 'The Lariat' Krogan/Team Texas (Archie Judge/Lone Star Stampeder) v.

Jason Jackson/Double Disaster (Eruption/Tsunami)

Nice work Bolt. 5/7!

Viper v. Professor Nero

Mark 'The Lariat' Krogan/Team Texas (Archie Judge/Lone Star Stampeder) v. Jason Jackson/Double Disaster (Eruption/Tsunami)

4/7 No faith in your boy Jason Jackson!

Viper v. Professor Nero

5/7. Nice work on picking the main event!

Archived