Something I don't get about booking

My company is international, based in the US. I have a TV show that is shown on a national channel. I try to book two fighters who have national status, both coming off of wins or on winning streaks, and the fans tell me it's a 'very poor' main event. Why? This makes completely no sense.

Do I have to book PPV main events on a TV show? That's retarded. The UFC doesn't have to book Anderson Silva defending his title against a top challenger on Spike TV in order to get people to watch the show.

dude.. he made the game xP

I'm aware of that, but if he's telling me that as a way to help me understand how the booking works then I am going to assume he's telling me it because it's something I as a player should be able to see or figure out myself.

What does 75% of a PPV draw mean? Two fighters at national status on winning streaks should make for a good or great TV main event but it's not always the case. I've booked a main event with a low level international coming off two wins in a row against a high level national with four wins in a row and only got a good main event from the fans. That should be an amazing main event as it clearly has title implications in the weight class.

What does 75% of a PPV draw mean?

As per my previous post, it "only has to be 75% of the draw that a PPV main event would". i.e. the amount of interest \ draw \ excitement with the fans that a fight would have to have to qualify as an acceptable main event, you'd only need to get to 75% of that level to be an acceptable TV main event. You can't see the figures involved, you get them in text format when the fans tell you whether it's a good \ great \ excellent main event.

Two fighters at national status on winning streaks should make for a good or great TV main event but it's not always the case.

It will almost all of the time. If it's not, you're losing interest - either because there's no reason for them to be fighting again, because they have had dull fights recently, because they have a poor overall record, etc, etc.

Archived