Recruiting at "Very Low" Prestige schools.

[QUOTE=Old Boiler]I'm wondering if any beta-testers can speak to this after running many season? I'm hoping there's some ability to change prestige, but it should be a difficult process. Real-life examples, to illustrate how hard it should be: So. Cal had many medicore season through the '90's, yet quickly regained national prominence. Northwestern broke out with a couple Rose Bowls, but is still considered a middling Big 10 team, at best. Fresno State and Boise State can crack the Top 25, but it would take perfect alignment of the planets for one of those schools to generate a single top 5 team. How closely is prestige connected to one's conference and schedule strength? I note that Terry Hoeppner left a winning MAC program for a losing Big Ten program (from Miami to Indiana). And recruits who can't play for Texas or Michigan will often want to play [I]against[/I] them.[/QUOTE] Well I have been trying to do just this...test how much prestige goes up and down from season to season. However, since even working as fast as I can seasons generally taken me 3-4 hours to play out, it has been a slow process. Heres my story so far. 3 complete seasons with Indiana (below average prestige). First season I go 4-7, 2nd year I go 6-6 and the 3rd year I go 5-6. After the 2nd year my budget increased 30,000 dollars do to my 6-6 year but the AD's expectations did not. After the 3rd year (I had the 2nd best recruiting class in the country) my budget increased 120,000 dollars and the expectations for my team went up. the board now thinks I should win 50 percent of my games in the division. That's going to be tough but I do have an awesome freshman group to work with in the offseason. My coaching grade has been a d, then a c-, and this year I received a c. The teams prestige is still below average but I have no doubt that it is getting better. -beta tester

Archived