Not sure if this is a bug but I know it's not right.

Jsut finished my regular season with Wyoming and I went 9-3 (6-2) good enough for a tie for the conference championship. So I'm thinking we got a bowl game, so I go to the weekly schedule screen and sure enough there I am. The only problem is that I noticed that I'm playing Utah a conference foe in the Las Vegas Bowl, not only that but Air Force is playing UNLV in the Poinsettia Bowl and TCU is playing CSU in the Emerald Bowl. I know this is way out of wack conference foes should not face each other in a bowl game. Anybody know what the deal is with this?

Yes they would face if #1 and #2. I haven't checked that detail in the game, but there are never more than 2 teams from the same conference in the GDCS bowls, right? That's against the rules. Anyway, #1 and #2 trumps everything. This would probably have to be a situation with Big Ten teams that didn't play each other, realistically.

Theoretically it could happen with two teams from the same division of their conference. Assume this year IRL Texas Tech had lost only to Texas. Further assume that nobody else goes unbeaten, and based on SOS and human rankings that Texas Tech wound up #2 (a reach, but not a horribly long one). It could also happen as a rematch of a conference championship. Say you have Georgia and LSU go through their season undefeated and match up as #1 vs #2 in the SEC title game. If #2 wins by a very small margin, and no other undefeated teams exist, there's a real possibility that they remain the top two teams. Ultimately though, if it's not a #1 vs #2 matchup, we shouldn't get conference re-matches (I believe this is already fixed), nor should we get other nonconference re-matches. I know sometimes it happens (I remember Miami/FSU happening recently) but not real often as bowl committees really don't like to do that.

Archived