From Rookie to Jobber: Adam McLovin

The following is a poorly written, unimaginative diary following a custom C-Verse character named Adam McLovin. He is named Adam because the creator of this epic game is named Adam, he is called McLovin because I watched Superbad yesterday, and Superbad is awesome. It will be written in blog form from the perspective of McLovin, I chose this format so that I wouldnt have to post my matches which would show how much I suck at this game. It is played with the "realistic" difficulty option and i'm expecting Mr. McLovin to be a failure like 66%* of my characters.

* 66% may not be entirely accurate but it's the first number that came into my head which seemed fitting to describe my lack of ability with this game.

Monday, Week 1, June 2006

Dear Blog,

Today was a good day. I took my first step to acheiving my dream. I have taken my first step into the world of professional wrestling, well actually it will be my second step. The first step was taking the 4 week course in wrestling fundamentals, but today I contacted a few promotions about working for them. I had considered jumping on a plane, knock the doors of SWF & TCW and saying "Well fellas only one of you can have me so start bidding", but felt it was best to contact some local feds first, conquer the UK then tackle America. So I fired off emails to 21CW, MOSC and ROF.

I also added my profile to http://www.wrestlingsuperstars.com. Check it out:

Name: Adam McLovin

Nationality: Scottish

Size: Middleweight

Style: Technician

Contracts: None

Record: 0-0-0

Pretty sweet huh? Just gotta find me some work now.

Tuesday, Week 1, June 2006

Dear Blog,

Today was a good day. I got replies from all 3 companies I contacted offering me work, hell yeah! I've agreed to 8 month verbal contracts with all of them. 21CW & ROF want me to work as a heel and MOSC want me as a face so got a bit of versatility there. Looking at their schedules though between the 3 of them they only have 2 shows lined up for the next 2 months, hopefully they will schedule some more and I can get me some money, cant afford the gym at the moment and my mum cant wait for me to move out.

Wednesday, Week 1, June 2006

Dear Blog,

Today is a good day. ROF have been in touch to say im on their card for ROF: Genesis tonight. I'm in a match with a boy called Jonni Dyslexic in the card opener. I have my meeting with the road agent in a couple of hours so will find out what they have planned for me then. Will update tomorrow on how it went as I'll be way too drunk to post later. Wish me luck!!!

Wednesday, Week 1, June 2006 #2

Dear Blog,

I knwo I wassn;t goin g to updaet until tomorrow but I has do much fun tonight. The pit me in the match with Dyslexic and ecen though I was booked to lose I loved it. The 12:40 went by so quicj, it was awesome. If I had to grade the match on performance i'd givr it an E.

Adam McLovin v Jonni Dyslexic

Dyslexic wins by pinfall in 12:40 following a stunning face crusher.

Rating: E

Looks like McLovin should have waited until the day after the match to post on his blog. He couldn't even spell right!

ha,ha,ha j/k

Are we going to read about highlights of the match or will Mr. McLovin be in too bad a shape to remember?

Good luck in the C-Verse world and welcome aboard.

Looks like McLovin should have waited until the day after the match to post on his blog. He couldn't even spell right!

ha,ha,ha j/k

Are we going to read about highlights of the match or will Mr. McLovin be in too bad a shape to remember?

Good luck in the C-Verse world and welcome aboard.

That was a few hours after his match :D McLovin is as good a drinker as he is wrestler :(

Friday, Week 4, 2006.

Dear Blog,

Today is a good day. It's been a while since my last update, my internet got cut off didn't have the cash to pay the bill. But got a call the other day, MOSC are putting me on their card against the Dublin Destroyer tonight. Can't wait :D. Got a few hours until we meet the Road Agent. To have a beer or not..........?

Saturday, Week 4, June, 2006

Dear Blog,

Today is a bad day. Didn't enjoy my match last night at all. They booked it so I would attack for the majority of the match then be beaten by a single flurry. I attacked for over 6 minutes and the destroyers comeback was started and finished in just 50 seconds. The crowd hated it and I think it made me look weak. If I had to grade it i'd give it an E

The Dublin Destroyer V Adam McLovin

The Dublin Destroyer wins in 7:20 following a........ I've forgotten what it was

Rating: E

Friday, Week 1, July 2006.

Dear Blog,

Today is a good day. Got a booking with ROF tonight to face Kelly Martin. Wonder what they have in store for me now.

I was speaking to a friend the other day and they said they could put me in touch with MAW in America who have just got a TV deal. It would be a lot of travelling but it would be regular work. 21CW held a show the other day and didn't book me so I handed in my notice there and will contact MAW shortly. Wish me luck kids.

Edit: When I went to the match it took me to the match without a moveset. So I reloaded my savegame and I wasn't booked on this show this time around. Whoops.

Wednesday, Week 2, July 2006

Dear Blog,

Today should have been a good day. Here I am still trying to convince Road Agents to give me my first win. Last nights match was fun, no doubt about it. But again I dominated the match only to be beaten by a weak looking move. Ah well theres always next time. Crowd hated the match though, if I had to rate it I'd give it an F.

Antonio v Adam McLovin

Antonio wins in 13:50 with a Heel Hook Leg Grapevine submission.

Rating: F

Saturday, Week 2, July 2006.

Dear Blog,

Today is a great day. Last night was AWESOME!!! They handed me my first win in MOSC. The fans hated it but I don't care. The feeling I had when the bell went was just unbelievable!!! If I had to rate the match for myself i'd say A* but if I were to rate it for the fans it would be an F.

Mr. Wright v Adam McLovin.

McLovin wins in 9:10 with a Scorpion Deathlock submission.

Rating: F

Thursday, Week 3, July 2006

Dear Blog,

Today is an awesome day!!! The crowd loved me last night, I was awesome! Antonio not so much. And the best of it? It was on TV! I'm expecting Cornell to call me any minute now :D If I had to grade last nights match: B+

Antonio v Adam McLovin

Mclovin wins in 21:00 with a Scorpion Deathlock Submission.

Rating: B+

Thursday, Week 3, July 2006

Dear Blog,

Today will be a good day! I am on ROF's card tonight taking on Jonni Dyslexic. Word of my other wins will have reached ROF by now and I reckon they will hand me the win. A win in this match and I'm gonna reward myself with some Brawling training down the gym!

Edit: Forgot to say it's gonna be a 2/3 falls match!

Friday, Week 3, July 2006

Dear Blog,

Today is a mediocre day. Had a good match last night but they gave me a loss. They will regret it when they see what a huge star I become in America! I got to win the first fall with my Scorpion Deathlock and then lost 2 falls in a row within a minute of each other. The crowd liked it though. If I had to grade it i'd give it a B

Jonni Dyslexic v Adam McLovin

Jonni Dyslexic wins 2:1 after 26:50.

Rating: B

Archived