IWL: Behind the Curtains

IWL: Behind The Curtains, The Reality

Greetings everyone, Welcome to my diary. Considering this is my first diary, I am open to all feedback and advice.

Basic Diary Details

*Mod: Adam Ryland's "Default" Mod. (Added a few of my own creations - promotions, workers,etc. Also, Redid a few of the Worker's stats)

and

Workers + Promotions imported from:

Mod: Sebsplex's GDS Verse Mod.

*This will be written in First-Person from the perspective of my user character, of course. Occasional "Narration" to be expected.

*In the diary my user character is nothing more than a wrestler, for awhile, at-least.

*Contains wrestling as a sport and booking action.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Promotion

http://i53.tinypic.com/29vm7io.jpg

International Wrestling League

Headquarters: Mid-Atlantic, USA

TV Shows: (1)IWL Glory before Pride (2 Hours) - Active

Size: Regional

Website: http://www.IWLprowrestling.com ( Not a real site ;) )

From: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236298

Direct Link: http://s455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/YuirishuMoon/?action=view&current=IWL.jpg

Promotion Name: International Wrestling League

Promotion Short Name: IWL

Drug Policy: None

Regular Promotion OR Touring Promotion: Regular

IF Touring, during which months?: N/A

IF Touring, how many shows per week?: N/A

Hiring Rules ( If any ): None

PRODUCT

Product-

Name:Traditional Entertainment

AI for Events: 1v1= 70, 2v2= 15, 3v3= 4, Triangle= 5, Four Way= 6, Match Ratio= 80%

AI for TV: 1v1= 85, 2v2= 11, 3v3= 0, Triangle= 0, Four Way= 0, Match Ratio= 70%

Expected Match Lengths (Events): Minor= 8, Medium= 12, Major= 14

Expected Match Lengths (TV): Minor= 6, Medium= 10, Major= 12

Product Appeal:

Traditional = Key Feature

Mainstream = Key Feature

Comedy = Medium

Cult = Low

Risque = Low

Modern = Low

Realism = Medium

Hyper Realism = Low

Hardcore = Very Low

Lucha Libre = Medium

Pure = Low

Daredevil = Very Low

Match Intensity: 20%

Match Danger: 30%

Womens Wrestling: Division

T&A Levels: None

Face/Heel Divide: Strong

Roster

Blue = Babyface

Red = Heel

-Will be updated after first week. (Later/Tomorrow)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Prologue/Back-Story

The birth of Traditional Entertainment

It was just another day in the wrestling industry. The "Big Two" of America clashing, rookies looking to make an impact, workers retiring, Japanese promotions hot-off their tours, was there anything fresh? That was the question ringing inside of entrepreneur Dunton Hall's head. His IQ was as high as his business sense, and that too was higher than one can imagine. Perhaps when he decided to become involved in the industry, his level of intelligence was questioned. For, when he became involved, he would put his entire fortune on the line with the creation of what is known to be a mix of SWF and TCW, International Wrestling League.

New Generation

Despite many questioning his ability, Dunton knew, more than anyone else, it would only be a matter of time until he lead IWL to success. He happened to know one other vital piece of information which was the fact that there would be a load of graduates right out of high-school, who he taught would be able to handle the pressure of Prime-Time. It was more than just Dunton's reputation on the line with this huge gamble. His fortune had been placed on these rookies. Pressure caught up to Dunton Hall when his gamble proved to be his near-downfall. Dunton Hall was officially now the clown of the industry. To him, it may have looked like a reasonable gamble, but to everyone on the outside it looked like he put his bet on a bunch of rookies to carry supposedly the next greatest thing in the industry. It wouldn't be until a few days later that the first graduate was announced by the 'Royal Crown Training Facility' Council of Legends. Above all the legends was, Dick the Devastator, who picked out this one person, out of 89 students, to be his protege. This person, is none other than "The Scottish Scorpion", Warren Gaelyn (Gay-Len, User Character).

Turning the Tide

Despite his knowledge of the business, Dunton Hall knew he could not attempt to go big with just himself. It wouldn't be too long before he would seek the aid of a Creative/Booking Team. With a large amount of influence, Eisaku Hoshino would be the first to be contacted. Much to the surprise of everyone but Dunton Hall, Eisaku would take him up on the offer and join the International Wrestling League, putting a halt to his political career (Fantasy. He is still on hiatus, as obviously it would be impossible :o. He is on the roster though, as a personality). In the position to go bankrupt, IWL had now found itself with a Head-Booker and a Creative Team.

- - - - -- - - - - - - -

IWLProwrestling.com (Not real site)

Headlines! (As of Sunday, Week 1, January 2010)

- Warren Gaelyn has been signed to a two-year written deal, worth US $3,500.

- Eisaku Hoshino has been signed to a two-year written deal, worth US $11,000

- Ant-Man has been signed to a one-year PPA deal, worth US $2,500

- Davis Wayne Newton has been signed to a one-year PPA deal, worth US $2,500

News!

- Eisaku Hoshino has been named the Head of the Creative Team by IWL President, Dunton Hall.

Rumours

- Dunton's wife wants 50% after divorce?

- Warren Gaelyn on his way to World championship?

- Remmy Skye to receive huge push?

- Abi Romanov and Roger Cage dating?

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Diary

Dear Diary,

I sat there, wondering what could be. The chance of a lifetime was being set right in-front of me. Main event status? Alright! Along with being able to chip in my booking ideas, Creative Control? There was nothing more I could ask for. Although, mother wasn't too happy about the low wage but I know the opportunities that are bound to come. Dick Th- Roger agrees. The backstage environment is perfect. Met with the rest of the Creative team, I found it amazing my idea for the 'Roy Edison vs Roger Cage vs Remmy Skye' match was accepted. It's time to get going!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Coming Up

November 24th - Behind The Curtains, Episode 2

November 24th - Roster Update

November 24th - Website Update

November 24th - First Show

November 25th - Full Card to be released for Second show

- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -

Credits

Angeldelayette - For rights to the IWL logo

Kamchatka - For creating the IWL logo

(To be honest, No idea if this logo was included in the default pictures. Combined almost all of the mods' pictures that I have on my desktop, so if it

was created by a user, feel free to send me a PM and I'll credit you :D)

I had Kamchatka create the logo for me for a fed I was going to run. I ended up not running that particular fed but I do use it for my child promotion in my USPW diary. That being said, I don't mind you using it as long as Kam doesn't.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Coming Up

November 24th - Behind The Curtains, Episode 2

November 24th - Roster Update

November 24th - Website Update

November 24th - First Show

November 25th - Full Card to be released for Second show

Everything scheduled for the 24th is set to be released in 2-3 hours. It was not released earlier because I was feeling ill. :o Oh, and happy to say I was granted permission to use the logo so, no worries down the line.

IWL: Behind The Curtains, The Reality (Episode 2)

Pre-Show

Finally, after battling the excitement, it was time to prove myself. If someone told me there would be no talent scouts waiting to see what perhaps the greatest rookie in some time has to offer, I'ld say otherwise. I pulled up to the arena and pushed open the doors. The atmosphere was totally different. I mean, I'ld been in here, practicing the other day but, I was not prepared for the loud roar of the crowd. Not to mention the huge surprise I was just about to get.

As I was getting my equipment ready, I was tapped on the shoulder. I turned around to see the face of my mentor, Roger, Roger the Devastator. It still remained unknown why he never dared to give out his full name. Regardless, he began speaking. I caught most of what he was saying. After-all, a few of his teeth had been knocked out but that is what respect meant in this business.

Dick The Devastator - Purple

Warren Gaelyn - Lime

Ey', Kid there's no turning back. Your debut is the moment you will look back on for the rest of your career. Trust me son when I say, you make it what it is. This, This is your moment now.

Thanks. I can tell you everytime but you will never understand how much I mean it when I say, I owe my career to you, Roger

I hadn't finished thanking him when Ant-Man somehow managed to squeeze himself into the conversation

Ant-Man: "Are you done? Look, to be honest, no-one is here to see you. I have no respect for people who get handed stuff like you. Creative Control? Going to stop me from whooping your ass tonight? Look, I'm a pretty compassionate guy. This is probably going to be our largest crowd for awhile to come. Just don't make me look bad."

Warren: "Seriously?! I know it's no walk through the park working against a rookie but to be honest, I've stepped toe to toe with guys far better than you in the academy."

Dick The Devastator: "Ey'! Stop it. You two both have great potential and will carry this company far if y'all are on the same page, that is. Go run through your match, kid."

I would take one final look at Ant-Man, realizing all the nervousness had turned into anger. Suddenly, my frown had turning into a smirk as I dashed towards the locker room area. I approached 'The' Stomper, who supposedly was serving as the Road Agent for my match. He always seemed like a no-nonsense type of person to me, I wasn't wrong.

"Kid, You're going on right after the promo by Ant-Man. I want you in the same position we talked about. If it's even 1 inch off, We're done. I'll send out the replacement. This is debut night, not just for you. For all of us."

"That is understood. I've done nothing to prove myself and I will constantly get told similar things but tonight, I guarantee, you will be impressed. So, let's go over the plan, shall we?"

"Right. So, kid, I know you have a good sense of feel in the ring and really connect to the crowd from what I've seen from you in the Academy. I want you to pump up the crowd tonight. The match is gonna be 'called in the ring'. I want you to carry Ant-Man. The fans won't be able to see it but everyone in the back will. It's not your time to worry about the fame and glory that this business has to offer."

"Thanks, Stomper." I would say as I stood there as he reviewed the plans for tonight. I was told to take the back entrance to the arena and to sit in a specific seat. He also said I'ld know when it's time, although, I'ld probably not.

There was still hours until show time. I introduced myself to most of the other workers and help set-up. There were a couple of last minute changes. It would "Stan Alistair vs Roy Edison" instead after Remmy Skye rescheduled. Due to the small crowd I would be coming out from backstage instead. That was never a bad thing. Getting to tag the hands of workers like Antonio Del Veccio as they ran through the curtains.

The atmosphere changed drastically as the time was whinnying down until show time. Everyone was running around, yet it seemed so orderly. I watched everyone walk by me, my held hanging down. This . . . . This was it!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

IWL Immortals!

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/Kamchatka863/IWLbanner.jpg

Venue: Live from the MD Ritchie Coliseum in College Park, Maryland

Expected Attendance: 1,973

I stood up, listening to the crowd repeatedly chanting "IWL! IWL! IWL!". It was time. As my heart began beating faster, I heard footsteps. Much to my surprise, It was Corporal Doom, a member of the Creative team. He obviously meant business, his eyes glued on me. In an attempt to make it not so awkward I began to speak.

"Mornin' Sir, I wasn't exp-" I was cut off by Sheik Mustafa who walked out from behind me.

"No time for that, Kid. You and Ant-Man aren't gonna work out. You're on a whole different level and Eisaku refuses to admit it. He's been stuck down in Japan and I truly believe he has no idea what he's doing and how to use you. Now, Look at it this way. Me and Mr. Doom have been given a portion of this show to book. We want you in that portion. Upper Mid-card, Baby!" (OOC: Decided to do this cause of the relationship generated between them. Strong Dislike :) )

Corporal Doom: "That's right. And Captain USA, He's way past his prime. Forget about Ant-Man, We've got you and Captain USA, All-Out, Kid. We know you have the ability to pull this off. We want you to go out there and pummel him, bury him. He's nothing to this promotion anymore. We want someone to take over his role in this company and that opportunity is being dangled right infront of it. You up to it? Glory before Pride, Kid, What do you say?!"

"Glory before Pride, Sir. I'm on-board." I could see it now, all the championships, red carpet. If I stick with these two, I would have a guaranteed spot in the Hall of Immortals some day.

Show Opening

http://i52.tinypic.com/1pj6dd.jpg

Rock Downpour: Good day to all! Thank you for tuning into this very special broadcast of International Wrestling League!

http://i56.tinypic.com/2vhypls.jpg

Honey Golightly: Very special? This is our first show! C'mon Rock, Show a lil' more enthusiasm, will ya'?

Rock Downpour: Oh, alright! Anyways, I'm sure all of these fans are in for a treat as our main event features American Wrestling Legend, Captain USA.

Honey Golightly: That's right, against a mystery opponent as announced by our commissioner, Sgt. Doom. Speaking of which, will be appearing tonight. Hey! What is it Rock, you look a lil' bothered.

Rock Downpour: Well, I can't help but noticed you're still dressed in . . . Christmas clothing.

Honey Golightly: Haha, Knew that was gonna come up. Ladies and Gentlemen, 'Babes of Sin City' held their annual event not too long ago, and boy, did we have fun or what?!

Rock Downpour: Well I'm sure ya di-

1st Segment

http://i54.tinypic.com/30xei51.jpg

To put an end to the seemingly boring angle, The announcers would be cut off by metallic music as pyro shot up. A small figure would then jump out from behind the curtains. That figure turned out to be Ant-Man as he dashed towards the ring, with a cape. He would slide in under the bottom rope. After grabbing hold of a microphone, he would strike his signature pose, fanning off the crowd.

"When I was called up to open this show, I thought I would get a tinnnny bit more respect than this. I mean then again this place has nothing to cheer about. I mean Maryland, I didn't even know there was place named Maryland in MY country. This is pathetic. Regardless, I am here to perfo-"

The crowd, obviously not pleased at his remarks would begin chanting phrases along the lines of "What?!" and "Who are you?!". Ant-Man would let out a snare as this was the heat he was hoping to draw. He would turn his attention back to the promo.

"As I was saying, I am here to perform. Not for all of you people but for me, myself. Unfortunately, I've beaten everyone that's a someone whether it was in CZW, PSW, PW, WWA, GCG, TCW (He would snicker here.), STD, Hell I've beaten everyone in BMW. I think I deserve a break and I will take one with pleasure. Hah, See all of y-"

The arena would go dark as Shadow would walk out from behind the curtains to silence. He would strike Ant-Man a deadly stare as he approached the ring slowly with a microphone in hand. "You haven't beaten me" he said before dropping the microphone, signaling for a referee. Ant-Man's smile turned into a frown as he seemed hesitant at first.

2nd Segment

http://i54.tinypic.com/5kiuft.jpg vs http://i54.tinypic.com/30xei51.jpg

Shadow vs Ant-Man

Ding, Ding, Ding!

The two would size each other up, engaging in a series of headlocks. Breaking free from the previous headlock, Ant-Man would unleash a series a dropkicks before sending Shadow to the ground with a hurricaranna. As Shadow was getting up, Ant-Man would dash towards him, with his knee out, attempting to "pound in his skull". This would be dodged by Shadow who would retaliate with a kick to the gut, forcing Ant-Man to bend over as Shadow would run towards the opposite side of the ring, rebounding off the ropes as he would nail Ant-Man with a scissors kick, sending him down to the mat. Shadow would be quick to hook his legs, picking up the three count.

Winner: Shadow

Grade: E+

Honey Golightly: An impressive win by Shadow, then again, he has never failed to impress me in the past.

Rock Downpour: Oh ya, Honey, I thought we were a PG show.

Honey Golightly: Uhm, Rock? (She laughs at this point before rolling her eyes) Anyways, Ladies and Gentlemen, Up next we have 'Antonio Del Veccio vs Eisaku Hoshino'.

Rock Downpour: OH! YA! I'm looking forward to this one. Have you seen this kid, Del Veccio? Well, Incase you haven't, I want to show all of you some of this kid's major accomplishments, Here it is.

A video appears on the Titantron highlighting some of Antonio Del Veccio's most memorable moments, most notably, his moments in Mid-Atlantic Wrestling, including his tournament victory. The main point being to hype Antonio Del Veccio's wrestling ability.

3rd Segment

http://i52.tinypic.com/miclms.jpg vs http://i54.tinypic.com/33ubbkx.jpg

Eisaku Hoshino vs Antonio Del Veccio

The two competitors meet up in the middle of the ring, both exchanging a deadly glare. Antonio Del Veccio would slip in a slap on Eisaku Hoshino's cheek. Obviously not pleased, Hoshino would retaliate with a Japanese chop to his chest, multiple times. Antonio Del Veccio would be resting in the corner at this point as Hoshino backed up a bit. Just as Hoshino ran up to Del Veccio, Antonio would roll out of the corner, grip Hoshino's waist and execute a German-suplex, sending Hoshino to the mat as he climbed the ropes. Now on the top rope, Antonio would taunt him before leaping off as he landed an elbow on Hoshino's chest. The match would continue with elementary moves. With no momentum on either side, the two would return to the middle as Hoshino sent out his leg, aiming for Antonio's gut. Right as it was about to connect, It was caught by Antonio. He would send Hoshino to the mat as he continued holding onto his foot, turning Hoshino on his belly as Antonio bent his right foot, forcing Hoshino to tap out.

Winner by Submission: Antonio Del Veccio

Grade: D+

4th Segment

http://i55.tinypic.com/2z3nsx4.jpghttp://i53.tinypic.com/2j4rc75.jpghttp://i52.tinypic.com/miclms.jpghttp://i55.tinypic.com/243erye.jpghttp://i55.tinypic.com/21jrjbb.jpg

As Eisaku Hoshino attempted to return to his feet, he would be nailed from behind by a man that was unfamiliar to the crowd. That man being Warren Gaelyn. The assault would continue as he singled out Hoshino's right foot. Warren would be joined by Roger Cage as the two decimated Hoshino. A chair would eventually be put in play as Eisaku Hoshino was bloodied by the two. Sheik Mustafa would come out from the crowd, barking orders at the two. The assault would be halted when Corporal Doom's music blasted the P.A sending Sheik Mustafa, Warren Gaelyn and Roger Cage into retreat as Corporal Doom dashed to the ring with a sledge hammer. The camera would refocus on Sheik Mustafa and his companions as he raised the arms of the two, signaling an alliance had been formed.

Grade: C

The Association Storyline has been initiated with this segment.

5th Segment

http://i53.tinypic.com/2j4rc75.jpghttp://i55.tinypic.com/21jrjbb.jpg vs http://i54.tinypic.com/28safki.jpg

Roger Cage w/ Sheik Mustafa vs Alex Braun

Roger Cage's theme music would blast the P.A as he walked out from the curtains with Sheik Mustafa by his side. Alex Braun had already been in the ring, hyping the crowd.

Ding, Ding, Ding!

The two would lock hands before Roger Cage sent a knee into Braun's gut. Wanting to keep the advantage Cage would unleash a fury of fists, displaying his brawling skills. Sheik Mustafa is insulting the crowd on the outside. Cage grabs Alex Braun and sets him up for a suplex which connects, sending both competitors to the mat. Cage crawls over to Braun, hooking his legs. Braun would put his left leg on the bottom rope as he rolls out of the ring. The match would continue with the two exchanging a series of dropkicks and headlocks. Braun would get the upper hand as he sends Cage to the mat with a DDT. Braun goes to the corner, waiting for cage to get up. As Cage returns to his feet, Braun charges, only to drop to the mat as Sheik Mustafa had been holding onto his leg. Braun quickly returns to his feet but turns his attention to Sheik Mustafa, yelling at him from the corner. Cage approaches Braun, rolling him up, picking up the three count.

Winner: Roger Cage

Grade: D

The Association storyline has continued with this segment.

6th Segment

http://i54.tinypic.com/wvof8p.jpg vs http://i55.tinypic.com/optgzm.jpg

Stan Alistair vs Roy Edison

The two start out exchanging fists. Roy Edison would eventually get the upper hand as he sends Stan Alistair over the top rope with a clothesline. The two would begin exchanging fists on the outside. Referee Eugene Williams would reach a count of 9 before Roy Edison breaks free from the brawl and slides in the ring "10!". Stan Alistair was too late in returning to the ring, giving the victory to Roy Edison.

Winner by Count-Out: Roy Edison

Grade: D+

7th Segment

http://i55.tinypic.com/2rm15bl.jpg vs http://i51.tinypic.com/35l6kjr.jpg

James King vs James Prudence

This match is truly a display of great wrestling. James King showing heavy signs of relying on his weight to carry the match. A classic David vs Goliath match as Prudence unleashes a series of kicks to King's feet, hoping to bring him down, to no success as he is pushed back by King. King would then catch Prudence by the neck and chokeslam him to the mat, gaining the upper hand. King would then dash towards the ropes, rebounding off of them he would leap off the map, landing on Prudence's torso. King would return to his feet and walk on Prudence's torso with force. Prudence returns to his feet, not seeing King he turns around, only to be hoisted off the mat and locked in a 'Bear Hug', Prudence refuses to tap out but passes out eventually.

Winner by Knockout: James King

Grade: C

8th/9th Segment

"USA! USA! USA!" The crowd begin chanting as Captain USA walks out, approaching the ring with an American flag hoisted on his shoulder.

"Keep it going! USA! USA! It's so great to be back in the greatest country on the face of this planet after my brief stay in. . .Cana- Canad- Ugh, I can't say it. Well, Regardless, I'm laying out an open challenge to anyone in the back and I mean, ANYONE!"

Suddenly, A mix of what seems to be hip-hop and metallic beat blasts the P.A as Warren Gaelyn walks out. He grins, standing on the stage. He points to what seems to be the announce table as Antonio Del Veccio and Roger Cage walk out from the crowd, the fans begin booing. Captain USA is rushed by the two as they send him to the mat, targeting his torso as I begin walking down the ramp. I look to my left then right, smirking at the crowd before leaping onto the apron and entering the ring. Confident, I rush up to Captain USA and get a few fists in as Corporal Doom rushes down to the ring with a team of referees, breaking up the brawl.

"Hold up for one damn second! Roger, Antonio, Get the hell out of MY RING, you maggots. We're gonna do this the right way. Hell, I'm gonna be calling this one, say hello to the special guest referee, baby! Do your thing, Steve"

Grade: C+

http://i53.tinypic.com/141pk4i.jpg

Steve Smith: "This match is scheduled for one fall and is for the World Heavyweight Championship! Introducing first, In this corner (Points to the left), Weighing a total of 255 pounds, from Glasgow, Scotland, Warrreeeennn GAELYN! and In this corner, from Washington DC, Captain U-S-A!

http://i51.tinypic.com/se6tc3.jpg vs http://i55.tinypic.com/2z3nsx4.jpg

Ding, Ding, Ding!

Captain USA struggles to maintain his position as he holds onto his torso, obviously in pain from the assault. Letting a smile form on my face, I dash towards Captain USA, only to be knocked to the mat via a stiff clothesline. Captain USA would unleash a series of kicks, as I attempt to shield my torso. Grabbing a hold of the ropes, Corporal Doom would pull him off, seemingly, an unbias referee. As I regain my stance, I would send my knee into his gut, bringing him into my pit before sending him to the mat via a DDT. Still confident, I kip up and would then nail Captain USA with several knees to his torso. Looking to capitalize on this momentum, I would pick him up and set him up for a 'Samoan Drop' which connects. Not letting down my offense, I continue to pound him with various moves. With Corporal Doom as referee, he was getting a first hand look at what I had to offer. As Captain USA returns to his feet he would dash towards me with his hand extended, attempting to perform a clothesline which brings both of us to the mat. I roll out and drag him outside, swinging him into the announce table. As we return to the ring, the assault continues. The crowd would unleash a huge roar as Corporal Doom nailed Captain USA from behind with brass knuckles, sending him to the mat as I cover him for a fast three count. Sheik Mustafa, Antonio Del Veccio and Roger Cage would join in on the celebration.

Winner and New IWL World Heavyweight Champion: Warren Gaelyn

Grade: B-

Road Agent: Captain USA was exhausted by the end. Warren Gaelyn shone in this match. This match deserved better colour commentary.

Captain USA was buried in this match, as he had just signed a Written contract with PGHW.

Overall Rating: C+

Notes: This show should have increased our popularity.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

IWLProwrestling.com

Headlines!

- Antonio Del Veccio was signed to a one-year PPA deal worth US $800

News!

- After months of back and forth battles, IWL President Dunton Hall was legally separated from his wife. His wife Diane Hall filed for divorce after rumors that Dunton had been getting intimate with a backstage employee. Rumors instantly hit the web reporting that Diane had demanded 50% of his fortune which have all proven to be false.

- Stan Alistair was arrested on charges of 'Driving Under Influence' after the show. He is being fined and will appear in court later this year.

-

Rumors!

- Eisaku Hoshino and Warren Gaelyn not seeing eye to eye after IWL Immortals? A brawl nearly broke out, said IWLProwrestling.com sources.

- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Roster

-(Will update with heel/babyface)

http://i52.tinypic.com/2eyj48n.jpg

IWL Behind The Curtains, The Reality, Episode 3

Wednesday, Week 2, January 2010 ,

It was the follow morning, Everything seemed like it was a dream. Did I really pin Captain USA for the World Heavyweight championship? Regardless, I had a meeting with Dunton Hall scheduled at the IWL Headquarters. It wouldn't take too long before I found myself outside of the "IWL Palace" as it was referred to among the workers. I bolted through the doors, on the verge of being late which was never a good idea when meeting your boss for the first time. Luckily, I had memorized the HQ after coming here for negotiations. As I tried to enter the elevator, I was brushed by a man wearing a very familiar mask. It wouldn't be too long before I realized it was a man I have idolized for quite some time, Acid! He took a quick look at me, nodded then walked off. I knew this was the beginning of a new era in the IWL.

I shook my head, a bit star-struck as I continued into the elevator. -Ding!-, I had reached the top floor. The elevator opened as I walked into the office and a nice office it was. There was a view of the entire city. There he was, the mastermind behind all this, Dunton Hall, sitting in his chair, looking out the large window. Seemingly hearing the elevator, he would signal for me to come forth. He would begin to speak.

http://i51.tinypic.com/fxaql3.jpg

"Ah, I've been waiting for this moment, chap. Please, Do take a seat."

http://i55.tinypic.com/2z3nsx4.jpg

"U-Uh, Mornin' sir." I would say after making myself comfortable on his luxurious chair.

"Now, It's been quite a week for me and I'm sure you already know, You are being built up to be the face of this franchise. Don't for one second think it's because you are the greatest performer out of everyone on this damn roster. No, It's because you have that certain thing every company needs. A young, charismatic, good-looking, average wrestler."

"Average?" I quenched my eyebrows, Obviously unimpressed by how Dunton Hall had been presenting himself. After all, to this moment, his back was still turned to me and average? I mean, you can only say so much about what someone does when you've never done it yourself. I hadn't thought about the compliments before speaking.

"Average, Reall-"

"I wasn't done, Kid. Now, I have to admit, half of the time I don't even have an idea what y'all are doing down there but we are making headlines, for a negative reason that is. Burying Captain USA in . . . the USA?! Oh yeah, Don't worry kid, It'll be fine. Especially since we're holding another show at that very arena and you know who will be cleaning up all the garbage thrown from the crowd? Yah, That's right, you."

"Wait, what? You're not serious. No disrespect intended but do you really think I don't have better things to do and would just do as you say?"

"Well, You're obviously not gonna take orders from the people I put in-charge like Mr. Hoshino. You're hanging by a string, that's all you should know. Thank you for your time, You may go."

I sat there for a few seconds wondering what just took place. I took one last look at Dunton.

As I walked through the elevator on the bottom floor, there was 'Cameron Vessey' and 'Casey Valentine'. I was aware of the working agreement between Mid-Atlantic Wrestling and the International Wrestling League but this . . . this caught me off guard. The alarms were ringing in the HQ as various superstars grouped up in the lobby amongst the likes of Johnny Martin, Davis Wayne Newton, Jay Chord (MAW) and Spike. At this point, I realized it would only take a couple of seconds for everything to change in the IWL. Did glory really become before all? Honor, pride.

Later that day,

Creative Team:

http://i52.tinypic.com/214vybq.jpghttp://i55.tinypic.com/2z3nsx4.jpghttp://i52.tinypic.com/miclms.jpghttp://i55.tinypic.com/243erye.jpghttp://i55.tinypic.com/21jrjbb.jpg

(In Order) The Stomper, Warren Gaelyn, Eisaku Hoshino, Corporal Doom and Sheik Mustafa

Ah, It was finally that time again. I was called up to attend a meeting between the Creative Team. It was a relief to finally be in the presence of Corporal Doom and Sheik Mustafa, once again. As everyone took their seat it was obvious their was division amongst the other four. I tried to keep my attention away from Eisaku Hoshino, obviously ashamed. Finally the silence was broken by the seemingly neutral Stomper.

Stomper: "Look, You've got to drop the title. You've got too much momentum to drop it now. That would also bring down the very over, Association. But, in the near-future, It's a have to. Straight to the point, no-one respects your current reign and what you did to Captain USA. That would be a 'shoot' in my book. Unfortunately, It seems like you were instructed to do that by Mr. Doom and the Sheik. Why not have informed the rest of us, Eh, Mr. Doom?"

At this point, I was sure Corporal Doom would have my back on keeping the championship. I leaned back, stretched out my feet and layed the championship down on the circular desk as I grinned at Stomper.

Corporal Doom: "I didn't bother to inform any of you for the simple reason that it would be turned down. Stomper, as much as I have to admit that you have a good sense of this business, you're a nobody. You go out there and the crowd will fall asleep. If I go out th- No, If my music hits the P.A, the crowd HAS to get out of their seat. By forming an alliance with perhaps the most over guy who gets a hell lot of heat, Sheik Mustafa, you know we were there to dominate. Stating the obvious, We are in no condition to wrestle so we thought we'd groom some of the younger guys, Find something wrong with that? I mean, you can only defend a guy that's about to leave the promotion, so much."

Sheik Mustafa: "To add, you KNOW we are gonna have a repeat, BABY! Captain USA's got 6 Days left. Guess what? We've got an upcoming event. Same arena, same outcome. Antonio Del Veccio over Captai-"

Eisaku Hoshino: "I can't believe the low level of respect you have for this man! I'- We're not going through with this. You are all in a position to be fined, I'm the Head of this Creative Team, that decision did not go through me! I don't want a repeat, I hope I am understood!"

Warren Gaelyn: "Right, Guess it's time to move on to the next topic, Shall we?"

To be honest, I did not really care about Antonio. I'd got away punishment-free and was holding the promotion's top championship.

I was relieved to get out of that room, it seemed like a prison in there. There was certainly not a lack of tension. Although, I was rewarded with getting to book the upcoming show. Honestly, coming off of our first show, this was a huge opportunity. I had already went over the card in that very meeting and the everything was finalized. This was a huge step in my career.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

IWL Glory Before Pride (Event) Full Card

(OOC: Predictions are welcomed.)

http://i54.tinypic.com/30xei51.jpg VS http://i51.tinypic.com/35l6kjr.jpg

Ant-Man vs James Prudence

Constantly getting his plans foiled, Ant-Man looks to prove to everyone he is as good as he says he is while James Prudence looks to shake off his lost at the hands of the dominating James King from the IWL Immortals event.

http://i52.tinypic.com/miclms.jpg VS http://i53.tinypic.com/2j4rc75.jpghttp://i55.tinypic.com/21jrjbb.jpg

Eisaku Hoshino vs Roger Cage w/ Sheik Mustafa

After losing to Antonio Del Veccio and experiencing first hand, the wrath of The Association, Eisaku Hoshino looks to capitalize on his opportunity given for revenge in what surely will be a great match with the level of talent involved.

http://i55.tinypic.com/243erye.jpghttp://i55.tinypic.com/21jrjbb.jpg VS http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n329/Dragonmack/_BlankBackground.jpghttp://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n329/Dragonmack/_BlankBackground.jpg

The Foreign Union vs ? ? ?

(OOC: Hoping to get by purely on popularity on this one.)

Corporal Doom and Sheik Mustafa lace up their boots for one last bout in the ring. The catch is, their opponents are a mystery to both them as everyone else. Rumors are speculating that 'The Idaho Punisher' was seen backstage at the Immortals event.

http://i55.tinypic.com/optgzm.jpg VS http://i54.tinypic.com/33ubbkx.jpg

Roy Edison vs Antonio Del Veccio

Hot off a enormous victory, Antonio Del Veccio looks to display his technical skills once more against the large and in-charge , Roy Edison. Roy Edison wants to prove that his loss was nothing more than a fluke as he squares up against the Wrestling Machine, Antonio Del Veccio.

http://i51.tinypic.com/se6tc3.jpg VS http://i54.tinypic.com/wvof8p.jpg

Captain USA vs Stan Alistair

Captain USA bids farewell to the indies, as he wrestles Stan Alistair. Not only does he bid farewell to the indies, but also the United States of America as he heads east. Stan Alistair, obviously distraught at his loss, knowing his is perhaps the best competitor in this company looks to prove it to everyone else as he looks to pick up a victory against Captain USA, or Mr. America, if you will.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2z3nsx4.jpg VS http://i55.tinypic.com/2rm15bl.jpg

Warren Gaelyn © vs James King for the IWL World Heavyweight Championship

Perhaps the most over wrestler in the company, "The Scottish Scorpion" Warren Gaelyn looks to add another victim to his list as he defends his championship against his largest challenger yet, James King who is coming off an absolutely dominating performance.

- - - - - - - - -

Prediction Outline

Ant-Man vs James Prudence

Eisaku Hoshino vs Roger Cage w/ Sheik Mustafa

The Foreign Union vs ? ? ?

Roy Edison vs Antonio Del Veccio

Captain USA vs Stan Alistair

Warren Gaelyn © vs James King for the IWL World Heavyweight Championship

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

IWLProwrestling.com

Headlines!

- Remmy Skye was released from his contract earlier this morning.

News!

- After days of negotiations, MAW has signed a 'Working Agreement' deal with International Wrestling League. It is believed that both have already initiated a talent trade.

Rumors!

- Dunton Hall to make an appearance on the next IWL Glory Before Pride?

- Warren Gaelyn to drop title on the upcoming IWL Glory Before Pride?

Archived