Simulating Small College Football possible?

dp68

I'm a big small college football fan, Division II and Division III in particular. I would really like to work on a mod to create such a universe for myself. But is it possible? The helmets are all readily available, and I have a good feel for what teams deserve what presitige. The real small college playoff system involves 32 teams and is regionally based at the onset, but I can live with a 16 team national format no problem. In order to pull it off I would need to set school locations and such. Is this all editable within Bowl Bound? I'd also have to experiment with setting budgets, as I don't think too many small college state schools can afford to recruit across country.

I have been working on a D2 set, hopefully it will be completed in a few days. I haven't been able to figure out how to add/subtract teams to their respective conferences without the demo crashing when trying to create a league, so while most conferences are correct, some are missing a team or have an additional team. Some citys are not correct either, I just chose/guessed which city in the city.dat file was closest. I figured they'd atleast be in the correct region. I'm not sure how the game will play with actual D2 stadium seating, so I just edited all of them to 45000. So far the toughest thing has been getting the colors correct, but I am very close to having that completed.

I am REALLY wanting to make an NAIA league. Like the first poster, I know it pretty well. I just need to find the editor areas that are correct. I already have all the info needed, but some of the code - is still unknown to me - how to change. Anyone want to go into this with me?

NAIA Pstat Here is my pstat file for the NAIA. I have already changed the conferences and team names and abbreviations. There are 94 teams. I am getting an error on create league. Is this because all the divisions are set to "0". There are no divisions, only conferences. Also, I kept the conferences with at least 4,7,8,9,10, and 11 as requested for scheduling. [URL=http://braindeposit.com/pstats.zip]NAIA PSTATS.ZIP[/URL] EDIT: I did some editing thanks to some suggestions from Scott V, but still get the error. I am wondering is the 94 teams and not 100+ is the issue. The updated pstats file above.

I know the guys are trying to work out the bugs in the main game, but maybe at some point we can play with the mods and see what is missing or what is needed. I know a whole bunch of people who would buy this game if they knew this mod existed and was usable.

Archived