Popularity, Ratings and Attendance Flaw?

I'm curious if this has been addressed in WMMA3 or if Adam is even aware of it in WMMA2.

Basically my company is Low International in UK, Low National in Japan. Now if I run a show in the UK, it'll draw an Average rating, 600,000 buys/800,000 TV ratings and a 8000+ attendance. This makes sense, but what doesn't is the show is a Low International standard and yet I lose popularity in Japan...

Yet if I run the EXACT show from Japan, it'll gain popularity in both countries as by my Japanese standards, the same show/results are Fantastic? Surely it should still be recognized as an Average show by UK standards? Just as an Average show run in the UK should be recognized as Fantastic in Japan, gaining popularity there.

To add to the flaw some more... a TV show run in UK but aired in US/Canada/UK/Europe and Japan will draw 800,000+ viewers. But the same show will mysteriously lose 700,000 viewers if I run it in Japan? Now I understand that my attendance would drop as I'm in a country where I'm lesser known, but why would that effect my TV ratings? I can't figure out why the venue I record a TV show in, would effect how many people watch on TV?

Same issue applies for PPV... I'm aired in every country minus Russia and Africa and if I air from UK I get 600,000-700,000 buys... if I air from Japan or anywhere else, I lose 500,000+ buys? Surely buyrate/ratings should not be effected, only Attendance?

<p>Doesnt the local standards of each country come into play?</p><p> </p><p>

I mean, if you go to game world of japan, you will probably see that most regions have pretty high presiege and public perception, plus a very high bias for MMA in the media. I dunno if it counts, but this could certainly be an explenation.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Predicted" data-cite="Predicted" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29825" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Doesnt the local standards of each country come into play?<p> </p><p> I mean, if you go to game world of japan, you will probably see that most regions have pretty high presiege and public perception, plus a very high bias for MMA in the media. I dunno if it counts, but this could certainly be an explenation.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sure that'd make sense in terms of how it effects local business (attendance and possible PPV buys in Japan) but it makes no sense as to why it'd effect every other countries decision to buy/watch a show that they'd watch if I filmed in UK?</p>

Archived