A Few Questions

Hey guys, I have a few questions and was wondering if I could get some help.

Would someone who is High Level Regional in a different area that the fight is being held against someone who is ranked High Level Regional where the fight takes place will it still draw just as well? I run the promotion SIGMA.

Also, I can never seem to get high Critical Success, are there any tips to be able to tell if a fight will turn out decent or not? Performance doesn't seem to have a lot to do with it in my game. Thanks for the help.

Would someone who is High Level Regional in a different area that the fight is being held against someone who is ranked High Level Regional where the fight takes place will it still draw just as well? I run the promotion SIGMA.

No, otherwise there would be no point in having separate regions for popularity ;) so in your game brining in a High Level Regional American would not be able to Main Event right away. However brining in ranked guys is good of course for your competitive ranking and can always build their pop up.

Also, I can never seem to get high Critical Success, are there any tips to be able to tell if a fight will turn out decent or not? Performance doesn't seem to have a lot to do with it in my game. Thanks for the help.

Getting better fights is a hard cookie cutter to follow. There are few tips you can do.

1) Finishes are usually rated higher, not a 100% fact, but usually. Therefore go for guys who finish. If you are playing as real as possibility just look at their fight history and their skills for guys with power or high submission ability. If you are playing "just for fun" go into the editor and look at their killer instinct as this will hopefully lead to more finishes.

2) Book "can" fights. I'm not a fan of this but if you put a KO artist against someone with poor stand up and poor chin there is a better chance of him getting KO'd of course, leading to a finish.

3) Don't push boring fighters. For example with SIMGA, Boniek (Boniak?). He is a great fighter and wins consistently for me, but the man never finishes and his fights are boring as hell. This should go without saying but actually watch the fights to study your fighters.

4) Don't load up on wrestlers. I don't mean to say all wrestlers are boring, but there are many wrestlers who win alot but lack the submission or ground and pound to finish guys (see point #3) which leads to your fights being a total of fighter X holding fighter Y against the fence with the occasional take down. Once again I'm not saying all wrestlers are bad, but if you have a lot this could be happening. Also wrestler vs. wrestler matches tend to get bad scores for me as both just fail takedown after takedown, if they have other skills and can fight well go for it, but one dimensional wrestler fights usually are not good IMO

These aren't holy grail (1,2,...5!)type tips and you can take them or leave them but its just my suggestions/opinions/observations.

Archived