Music for diaries

I've seen some clever use of youtube/filespace hosting where people would link to the theme music of their characters, and on clicking it it would play it then and there - without closing the window or opening another one.

Anyone know how this is done? I can't find a diary that currently does it to look at the code, so I was hoping someone could clue me in.

edit; Brainwave! FINisher did one, and I've got the code now. Funtimes.

Lets you do what he did here with the music:

http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80539

Having a look at the source, it appears to simply be a youtube video, but with the width and height altered so that it only shows the play button and the rest of it is cut off (apologies if there's more to it than what I saw).

I did a similar thing in one of my diaries except that I only altered the height to cut off the video, but leave the volume and playback controls.

edit: ah looks like you found the code anyway. good on ya

FIN taught me the trick, and its actually very simple. You just take the embed code off the Youtube page and switch the sizing. The height and width are in the code twice, start and end. You can change it any number of ways. I usually switch it to 27 and 25, respectively. That leaves the play button only. You can leave a bit wider so you have the volume button too, or the entire video width if you want it all.

Archived