So I recently started a game as XCC, and I'm around $40k a month, but growing 2-3% in popularity. Is it normal to take losses like that until you grow?

I started a welterweight division and held a Grand Prix to crown the first champion (Evan Gardener KO'd Slade Cregg, who upset Joe Hinchcliffe in the semifinals), and I have around 20 fighters in each division.

Anyone have any advice?

i basically did the same thing you did with XCC and welterweights, and at the start i lost alot of money, but only abou 10-15k per month.. i didnt start making money until almost high lvl regional.

how many fights are you running per card as a 40k loss is huge.. i was running 3, and i got down to about 100k funds before i started turning a profit.

I usually run 5-7 fights per card; just got to mid-level regional and have only been losing 2k-4k a month now. I know part of my problem is I signed some guys like Geoff Cahill, Callum Henson, and Joe Hinchcliffe to short contracts so they could drop fights to guys like Evan Gardener and Diego Arteta.

Only losing 2K-4K shouldn't be too big of a problem and will probably be able to hold out.

What type of contrats are you signing your guys to? Signging them to exclusive isn't smart if you are small and really focusing on the "fincancial challenge" aspect as if you sign them to an associate/Standard you can sign them for a lot less per fight which will help you. Some of your top guys may get stolen faster than you want but that doesn't really matter if your priority is turning a profi first.

i started with them and went bankrupt after a couple of years. i phased out the women and all my signings were exclusive deals. big mistake! also didnt make proper use of the roster to gain popularity. learned my lesson and latched onto WEFF. got them heading in the right direction and made a featherweight division for the men. only sigma has a competing division so i picked up a lot of guys i had in xcc. all associate deasl this time. if i did what im doing now then XCC would still exist so dont see any issues in running them.

Archived