Update problem 2.1.0 version

Guest packerpoke

Guest packerpoke

Have been playing the game a bit and love it. However I had been running into a 'Run time errro 9' on selection sunday. So I found the new version just released and tried to upload it. When I did this I kept getting an error...here's what I did. I downloaded the zip file. Once done I got a box asking me where I'd like to unzip the file to.

C:\Program Files\GDS\Fast Break College Basketball 2010

not sure if this is right or not.

Then i get this other box that pops up and says the following.

ChilkatLog:

Unzip to File:

Failed to open file (2)

filenmae: FBCB2010.exe

currentWorkingDirectory:\\?\C:\Program Files\GDS\Fast Break College Basketball 2010

osErrorInfo: Access is denied.

Filename:FBCB2010.exe

Failed to open file.

Can somebody help me with this? I'm working on a replay of history and all teams are set to 0 for prestige, so not sure if this has anything to do with it or not. I also only have 12 conferences including the independent league so maybe that's screwing it up as well to help cause the RTE9. Thanks in advance.

update problem 2.1.0 version

After you finish the download make a note of where you save the file and what you will have to do then is find the file as it might be ending in FBCB210. once you have located the saved file right click on the file and cut it and go into your GDS file and find the FBCB and do a paste and it will then ask you If you want to copy it completely over the existing file you will say yes. this should fix the problem. but make that when downloading file that you keep an eye on where the file is being saved to as this is crucial. all you need to do is cut and paste the new file over the existing file in your GDS folder.you will click first on GDS/FBCB and then paste the new file over the old file.

I see a couple possibilities here.

1) Make sure the game is closed when applying the patch

2) Right-click on the patch file and choose "run as administrator" when you try to extract it.

FYI I don't see the 2.1.0 patch fixing your issue. I need to take a look at your league setup as I mentioned in the previous thread.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317846

Archived