New Teams

[QUOTE=Roger Kaputnik]What about keeping all the current teams and adding one?[/QUOTE] Roger, it can be done by editing the pstats.dat file with MS Access or OpenOffice Base. Simply add one to the bottom of the "teams" table. You may want to browse around the 'cities' db first, to find the proper city number. Also, make sure whatever conference you add the team(s) to ends up with either 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12 teams. Otherwise, the scheduler won't work.

1 - Right click on the pstats.dat file and rename it pstats.mdb (you may need to edit your folder options first if it won't let you change the extension). 2 - Open OO base 3 - Select "Connect to an existing database" 4 - Select "Microsoft Access" in the drop-down box 5 - Find your pstats.mdb file The rest should be self-explanatory. Once you've opened it, "tables" will show you all the tables. Don't forget to re-name your pstats.mdb file pstats.dat before re-opening Bowl Bound.

[QUOTE=Chappy]Roger, it can be done by editing the pstats.dat file with MS Access or OpenOffice Base. Simply add one to the bottom of the "teams" table. You may want to browse around the 'cities' db first, to find the proper city number. Also, make sure whatever conference you add the team(s) to ends up with either 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12 teams. Otherwise, the scheduler won't work.[/QUOTE] Are you sure? I thought I heard that 4 and 7 would work? Also, 12 needed to have 2 divisions.

[QUOTE=Chappy]I haven't tried either of those. It would make sense that 4 would work, as there are 4 independents. But I don't know of any current 7-team conferences, and I thought you had to have conferences with sizes equal to a current one.[/QUOTE] I have a suspicion that there might be some problem with a 4 team conference unless you set-up some games for the teams in the SchedMatch: Table in pstats.dat. But go ahead and try, there's no better way to find things out then by using trial and error...

Archived