Playing the demo

I've been trying out the demo for the last few days again, trying to get a feel for it. But so far it still comes off as too complicated and a lot of the features tend to leave me confused. Not to mention most of my favorite feds don't exactly have a great starting position.

Don't get me wrong, I love the way the game's history developed and how if feels so natural, and I'll always thank Adam and his team for the time put into this game and others, but honestly ... I prefer 2005. :o

It's just so much more simpler, and the only real improvement IMO in 2010 is the updated rosters and new mods. (Which I've began transferring to 2005 with the intention of editing to suit the older game. Hopefully I'll be able to offer 2010 vanilla plus 97 for any remaining 2005 fans to enjoy.)

So yeah. That's pretty much want I wanted to get off my chest. :o

All I can say is that if you were to purchase 2010, play it for a while and get used to it...Then there is no way you would ever even be inclined to go back to 2005. The only reason I would want to play 2005 is because of DAVE but there are mods for 2010 that have DAVE in it so there is no need to have it on my computer.

All I can say is that if you were to purchase 2010, play it for a while and get used to it...Then there is no way you would ever even be inclined to go back to 2005. The only reason I would want to play 2005 is because of DAVE but there are mods for 2010 that have DAVE in it so there is no need to have it on my computer.
Purchase a game whose demo has failed to satisfy me and devote time to making myself like it? That's a bit too much me thinks. ;)

Have you played any of the inbetween demos because I'd imagine the 5 years difference is a big gap in gameplay

No I have not. :)

Archived