CZCW: 25 years and still going strong!

Brief history of CZCW 2010-2014

• Cliff Anderson took a gamble with a young radio DJ/wrestling analyst in Duke Crocker. They met each other briefly in 2009 when Cliff called in on his Las Vegas radio show but later hit it off to work a business deal and getting Duke over as the new head booker.

• Duke was nervous but also very ambitious to beef up the CZCW roster which included taking some gambles with Champagne Lover, Matthew Keith, tag team with Kazuma Narato and Fuhirima Ota, and with a brief stint with Hell Monkey as Xtreme Champion.

• Regardless of all the turnover and shake-ups with the roster, Cliff did feel they needed to get back to the CZCW roots and start pushing the mainstays. Duke agreed but only for a short period of time because that’s when Champagne Lover was again open for a contract in the beginning of 2015.

• Also, we saw two new women recruited as valets in Hannah Potter and Haley Buck. (Unfortunately, Little Miss Sunshine died in a car accident before Christmas 2012. That was a blow, only 23 years old too. May she rest in peace.) Potter mainly worked with Marc Speed since he had minimal entertainment value. Buck was then paired up with the newest team out of the Coastal Resort in Notorious (Bullet and Barrera)

• By the way, Duke took my position as head booker which is fine. The Guru is fine with being the color commentator especially these first five years. They were exciting and Duke was extremely creative and driven to make this company work. Although, there were no results after five years. Still as a regional promotion and I knew Duke wanted to get respect from Cliff by getting CZCW to cult status. And maybe even a tv deal… However, all this determination would finally spill over into their personal relationship. That’s when things got really, really, interesting…

CZCW Revolution 2015

Grissom Auditorium

Monday, January 19th 2015

2,000 (sell out) in attendance!!!

1) Whippy the Clown defeated Donnie J around the 15 minute mark with a Joke’s On You

This match was a good way to open the show. However, some fans were confused as to why one of the major stars jobbed out to one of the newer talents acquired by Duke. This didn’t sit well with Cliff Anderson at ringside as Duke seemed to enjoy every bit of his boss’s disgust.

2) Notorious defeated Masked Cougar and The American Flash in ten minutes hitting Flash with the Drop Off.

Cougar looked shocked as a seasoned-CZCW vet losing to a team coming straight from the Coastal Resort Dojo.

3) El Mitico Jr bested Frankie-Boy Fernandes, Jeremiah Moose and Nate Johnson in a fatal four way by pinning Frankie after capitalizing on a roll-up from the shoulders.

Filler match before the Xtreme title showdown which went over decent. Mitico is insanely wise and talented both in and out of the ring. It was a good rub for him since he’s been around for quite some time.

4) Snap Dragon beat Trent Shaffer for the Xtreme Championship with the Dragon’s Breath. Shaffer had four defences before this loss. This marks Dragon’s fifth reign as Xtreme Champion.

Some might say this title is a step down for Snap Dragon since he just held the Coastal Championship not too long ago. However, his matches were not up to par as they once were especially when Fox Mask was around.

5) Vault Vultures (John Greed & Teddy Powell) beat Sammy the Shark & Nelson Callum to retain the tag team titles Greed hit Callum with the Crash Diet.

Callum was just signed a month ago and he’s a solid worker. This was a great test not only for him but for all four of them as they put out a great match even though Shark and Callum were thrown together as a team.

6) Insane Machine defeated Marc Speed for the Coastal Zone Championship ( Last Man Standing match) This is the third main event title reign for Insane Machine. Speed had to take two chair shots and later took a Termination Kick to the face with a chair!

By far not one of the best matches out of these two but still a good crowd pleasing match. It still hurts when the title isn’t defended in the main event but, I’m just the commentator I don’t make the matches.

7) Champagne Lover bested Atom Smasher in the best match of the night with two Love Stunners (one stunner being a false finish). The crowd gave a big pop to Lover as the winner.

Again, Lover being re-signed talent made Cliff Anderson mad as he thought it’s been getting away from the product he originally put together back in the 90s. Duke added “time’s have changed old man” as The Guru closed out with his famous line, “If your not Coastal, then your Loco!”

Overall show rating: C+

CZCW Roster

Main Eventers

Atom Smasher

Champagne Lover

Donnie J

Insane Machine

Marc Speed

Upper Midcard

John Greed

Masked Cougar

Snap Dragon

Teddy Powell

Whippy the Clown

Midcarders

Jackpot Jordan

Jake Idol

Jeremiah Moose

Nelson Callum

Sammy the Shark

The American Flash

Trent Shaffer

Lower Midcard

Air Attack Weasel

El Mitico Jr.

Nate Johnson

UK Dragon

Opener

Bullet

Frankie-Boy Fernandes

Enhancement

Barrera

Managers

Haley Buck

Hannah Potter

Announcers

Cliff Anderson

Duke Crocker

The Guru

Road Agent

Duncan Kendall

Referee

Pee-Wee Germaine

Tag Teams

Canadian Elite (Nate Johnson & Trent Shaffer)

Insanity Inc. (Insane Machine & The American Flash)

Notorious (Barrera & Bullet)

Rich And Famous (Jackpot Jordan & Jake Idol)

Shoot Thrillers (Marc Speed & Jeremiah Moose)

Vault Vultures (John Greed & Teddy Powell)

Champions

Coastal Zone Champion: Insane Machine (Fourth reign)

*Coastal Zone King of SoCal: Snap Dragon (2014 inaugural winner, Tournament Title in May)

Coastal Zone Tag Team: Vault Vultures (John Greed & Teddy Powell), second reign

Coastal Zone Xtreme: Snap Dragon (Fifth reign)

*Credit goes to whoever made that title up in another thread. I apologize for not remembering your forum name but thanks! :D

*Coastal Zone King of SoCal: Snap Dragon (2014 inaugural winner, Tournament Title in May)

*Credit goes to whoever made that title up in another thread. I apologize for not remembering your forum name but thanks! :D

Like I said in the other thread, I'm glad to see someone else is using it. Speaking of which, how are you using it?

Like I said in the other thread, I'm glad to see someone else is using it. Speaking of which, how are you using it?

Well, Smurphy, booked a three hour show (normally they're two and a half hours) and did a big eight man tournament along with two or three other matches. I think the double and triple booking made it worse because by the time Snap Dragon beat Matthew Keith for the crown, they were so tired that the match was the worst one on the card!

I've learned my lesson though, not going to repeat that kind of booking again. :D

No fox Mask?

I understand fox mask not being around is weird since he was a mainstay but he got snatched up three months in by TCW. He's now working for NYCW and ACPW but re-signing him will interfere with my plans with the fed already. Then again... never say never! ;)

Thanks for your support (TakerNGN74) and questions guys. You've fulled the fire in me for this dynasty since it was something I thought of for quite some time.

Has Speed been with you the whole time? I lost him after his epic 13 month reign as Coastal Zone Champion. If I remember correctly he never had a match lower than C.

Yes, Speed has been with me this whole time among others that will be familiar like Weasel, Donnie J, and Masked Cougar. His lowest grade match for me was E+ but that was when I didn't know how to book him. He's gradually gotten better as I've slowly learned how to book him better. He only had the title in my game here for four months so kudos to you smurphy for toughing that out.

In the Zone with The Webmaster

CoastalZone.com Webmaster here! As usual, I’m always up on some of the rumors and news of our favorite wrestlers in the Coastal Zone wrestling ranks! Just want to report right away that we edged out BSC and AAA in the regional battle results at number one! Whooo! Now onto the usual stuff:

First of all, what’s up with Duke Crocker and Cliff Anderson all of the sudden? They’re being so uncool. I guess we don’t really know until one or both of them want to come out of the closet for an interview! Whoa, big diss.

Second, I personally think it’s awesome we just got Champagne Lover back! I’m sure everyone remembers his title reign back in late 2011 and early 2012 where he and Insane Machine had some classic ladder and TLC matches! So stoked to see him back! I really hope he sticks around enough to be locked inside the Cage in Decemeber! Maybe face Machine in another classic match?!

Third, I’ve heard rumors of Hannah Potter possibly being used for a nude spread in the May issue of Bunnies. Who wants to see that?! Dude, that would totally get me off the waves for a little looksy if you know what I mean! ;-)

Last, here is what our fearless head booker has sent over for us as the line-up for

CZCW Vendetta 2015:

Xtreme Championship match: John Greed vs. Snap Dragon ©

Nelson Callum & Sammy the Shark vs. The American Flash & El Mitico Jr

Trent Shaffer vs. UK Dragon

Teddy Powell vs. Air Attack Weasel

Shoot Thrillers (Marc Speed & Jeremiah Moose) vs. Rich & Famous (Jackpot Jordan & Jake Idol)

Atom Smasher & Donnie J vs. Masked Cougar & Whippy the Clown

MAIN EVENT:

Coastal Zone Championship match: Champagne Lover vs. Insane Machine ©

Wow! Hope this continues the saga between Machine and Champagne Lover! But no Notorious after they're upset win last month?! Hmmmm... well, hang ten and stay in the zone!

OOC: Go ahead and predict. More will unfold as shows go on and I'll be using The Guru's POV like I did with the backstory and first show. Also, Roster section above updated with tag teams and such. Thanks guys!

CZCW Vendetta 2015:

Shoot Thrillers (Marc Speed & Jeremiah Moose) vs. Rich & Famous (Jackpot Jordan & Jake Idol)

MAIN EVENT:

CZCW Vendetta 2015:

MAIN EVENT:

MAIN EVENT:

MAIN EVENT:

MAIN EVENT:

Internet Report

• It’s been rumored that one of CZCW’s top stars might have their last match at the next show, CZCW Vendetta. Donnie J, Atom Smasher, and Marc Speed were all names that were thrown around on the internet since its common knowledge now that both TCW and SWF are looking to bolster their rosters at this time.

• CZCW Revolution 2015 was considered to be great success with an overall feeling that it got around a C+ rating to the majority of internet critics.

• Masked Cougar, The American Flash & Trent Shaffer have all signed pay per appearance contract extensions as of January 2015

OOC: Thanks for the predictions guys! I'll have the results posted on Sunday just to let you all know especially if you haven't given predictions yet.

CZCW Vendetta 2015

Saturday, February 21st 2015

Grissom Auditorium

Sellout with 2,000 in attendance!

Interview before the show, in front of live audience (On Camera only on DVD)

The Guru is in the interview position with the light blue backdrop glistening in the light of the glowing auditorium lights. In walks Atom Smasher with a deadpan look straight at the camera as the crowd gives a mix of cheers and jeers.

Guru: Smasher, it’s now confirmed that your tag team tables match later tonight will be your last sanctioned match in the CZCW ring. What do you think of your career here as you step away?

Smasher: (Looks around and takes his time to reflect on the question) Guru, that is a great and simple question. When I look back at all my success as former world champ and all my failures like the last match I just had with Champagne Lover I only have one thing to say: Thank you.

Thank you to the fans who supported me through all this time. Thank you for not turning away like I’m some washed-up veteran coasting on my past success in the big leagues. Thank you for letting me be the Atom Smasher I always wanted to be!

(crowd cheers in the auditorium, even some clap)

Smasher: As I close this chapter in my life to go back with the big dogs. Quite frankly, I will always cherish this time for me to pick myself back up and keep smashing through the competition! Because when it’s all said and done, you know that I gave this company my all! You know that when you heard that ambient music that you were going to get a show like you’ve never seen before! So… once again, thank you all!

(Smasher then walks away out of camera view as The Guru takes us to the first match of the night)

Xtreme Championship on the line, Ladder Match: John Greed vs. Snap Dragon ©

This match was one of the best matches of the night and a good opener to the show to get the crowd going. A little trade off with the ladders especially at one point where Greed suplexed Dragon on one ladder to tease a finish. A unique advantage came about when Greed got caught in the ropes as Dragon grabbed the belt for the win! (This got Cliff pleased but Duke mentioned that Dragon will soon lose that belt)

Winner: Snap Dragon making his first defense for this reign.

The American Flash & El Mitico Jr vs. Nelson Callum & Sammy the Shark

A good enough match to pull out a decent reaction from the crowd and even from the internet critics. Mitico carried the match by far as he got a roll-up on Shark after a tower spot.

Winners: American Flash & El Mitico Jr by pinfall

This match was better than most matches on the card as Dragon edged out Shaffer with the Dragon Drop. It seems Shaffer is now being dropped down the card ever since losing the Xtreme title.

Winner: UK Dragon by pinfall

This match did not go well. Almost everyone knew that Weasel was really off tonight. Powell rolled over for the decisive pin after catching Weasel’s crossbody.

Winner: Teddy Powell by pinfall

Shoot Thrillers (Marc Speed (with Hannah Potter) & Jeremiah Moose) vs. Rich & Famous (Jackpot Jordan & Jake Idol with Haley Buck)

It was announced before the match by Duke Crocker that the winner would receive a tag title match at Uprising next month.

This was a better match than anyone expected as they pulled out some good spots and mixed in some great chain spots between Speed and Jordan. However, Speed got a little off timing with some parts of the match but it didn’t hurt it completely especially since Speed & Moose work so great together. Eventually, Speed got Idol to tap out to the cross arm breaker. Another note is how well Buck and Potter did at ringside as apposing managers.

Winners: Shoot Thrillers by submission

Atom Smasher & Donnie J vs. Masked Cougar & Whippy the Clown (Elimination Tornado Tables Match)

This match was crazy as all four wrestlers went all out in this match using not only tables but busting out chairs, kendo sticks and even a bed pan! It played more towards the PSW style in some ways but they still brought it back to the Coastal Zone feel. Eventually, Whippy the Clown was eliminated by Atom Smasher with a splash through a table. Almost at the same time, Masked Cougar did a springboard splash on the outside through a table to eliminate Donnie J. This gave Smasher and Cougar some time to work back in the ring some more. At one point Smasher got Cougar in a tree of woe and ran/kicked a chair in his face! This got the crowd going with Smasher. He then tried a top rope hurricanarana through a table but Cougar stopped him and did a sick powerbomb through the table for the win! Afterwards, Cougar and Smasher shook hands as Atom Smasher got a standing ovation and a “Please don’t go” chant.

Winners: Masked Cougar and Whippy the Clown

These two went all out in this match at it showed how passionate they both were to make the crowd get even hotter after Smasher’s farewell match. This was the best match of the night hands down! There were no stipulations or gimmick match rules made so it was a regular match but they went all out! Machine played to the fans in this one since Lover was so over with the crowd, he ended up cheating almost at every opportunity he could get. At one point even eye-poking Lover with the ref pulled in between them. This then brought the heat as Machine worked over Lover giving him a massive german suplex into the corner for a close fall and followed by a moonsault as well. Lover than started coming back working the comeback as he nailed a good powerslam on Machine for two. Then he did a springboard dropkick which is a trademark he’s done for the Coastal Zone crowd in the past. Lover went for the stunner but Machine powered out of it with a Terimination Kick! This got the crowd nervous but was only a false finish. Lover then eventually got the stunner after a flurry of reversals but with another false finish. Eventually they both hit the ground for a double clothesline. Machine got up first and went for the Insanity Tsunami but Lover got out went for another stunner but Machine powered out of it again, then as soon as Lover got off the ropes BOOM, Termination Kick right across the throat for the win!

Winner: Insane Machine by pinfall. He makes his first title defense with this reign.

Cliff Anderson was pleased with the show as Duke said that the Coastal Zone will see a shake up soon enough and Revolution was proof of things to come. I, the Guru, told the DVD audience yet again that “If you’re not Coastal, then you’re loco!”

Overall Show Rating: C

Predictions: (out of 7, of course)

Smurphy1014 and MJStark tie at 6!

TakerNGN74 got 5

Teh Showtime and Emark got 3

OOC: Thanks for the predictions guys! I will be putting together a news article or something like that to highlight stuff that’s going on after the shows and even before the shows. Still working out the technical kinks of what I will do but don’t worry, I know where the general direction of this story is going. A lot more of that direction will also be posted soon in a separate post from the news stuff. Thanks again to all readers and predictors! Feel free to comment as well as I hope the third person interview then transitioning into Guru's POV was smooth and easy to follow.

Rapsheet.com’s webmaster reports on CZCW

News and notes for February 2015:

• Haley Buck and Hannah Potter sign contract extensions to their pay per appearance deals

• Speaking of, Hannah Potter is now confirmed and in the works for a nude spread in the May issue of the classic Bunnies magazine.

• Atom Smasher signed with SWF and left CZCW two days after the Vendetta show. In light of Smasher being called up there is no report as to whether Coastal Zone Owner Cliff Anderson or head booker Duke Crocker will sign another main event worthy talent. However, there are rumors that KC Glenn may sign back up with Donnie J backing that claim (together they were two time tag team champions)

• There are also talks about the direction of Coastal Zone as a whole as it’s been rumored many times how interesting it would be if they branched out to do shows in Mexico, especially in having Champagne Lover & El Mitico Jr, and even further around the US.

That’s all to report on at this time…

Monday, February 23rd, 2015- "The Light at the End of the Tunnel"

Duke came to me and wanted to talk to me personally about the direction of the company without Big Cliff aware of his intentions...

Duke: Guru, I will admit that I have buckled under the pressure after taking this job. I mean, being the head booker has so many responsibilities from the locker room to pushes and all that stuff… I’m not going to say I’m worn out but I know Cliff is just testing me somehow and someway.

I watched his gaze at me for some time and it was a look of desperation and paranoia.

Guru: Well, Duke, I honestly don’t want to be caught in the middle on whatever is going on between you and Cliff. Quite frankly, I’m thinking the best decision for us to do is to really start branching out either in the mid south or north west as we do have quite the popularity there with a bunch of DVD sales and internet traffic coming from those regions.

Duke: (hesitated) Um, yeah. That sounds like a very wise decision Guru… now that I think about it, there were a couple of fans at the last show that came up to me and told me they were from Tennessee! That’s pretty crazy for them to come down to Nevada to see our shows.

I shrugged but with a forceful emphasis in declaring my passion.

Guru: Yeah, that’s what I mean! Who cares about your quarrels with Cliff and his views. Let’s just grow this company and see what he thinks then.

It was then that I saw a look on Duke’s face I’ve never seen before. I could tell just by reading his face, the formation of the goatee around his chin all exclaimed, “Aha!”

Duke: Dude… we can definitely get to be a cult level promotion that way... even with a TV deal... Argh, why am I such an idiot?! Guru, you’re a genius! Thanks for the talk, I got some business to take care of.

And with that, Duke was out of my office with more swagger than he’s even had in about a year. I will never forget this day because that was when the seeds were planted in Duke to really shine…

• 3 weeks later...
In the Zone with The Webmaster

Here are thoughts from anything Coastal! Ha ha, the webmaster here loving the view off the pier as I type this in now.

First: We did indeed just see the departure of Atom Smasher as he was signed back up to SWF. We all here at the Zone hope for the best for him as he was always a classy guy backstage, at least from what I saw.

However, now more rumors circling that we'll see another Zoner leave. I happen to know some information that's been going on but I've kept my word and my lips are sealed. We can neither confirm nor deny another departure in the near future.

Second: HOLY S*^% Hannah Potter is now officially going to be on the cover of Bunny magazine! Wow... my girlfriend is going to hate me in May, that's all I will say... ha, that rhymed!

Third: Dudes, there are also rumors about the Zone going into Mexican territory to put on shows. Again, I can neither confirm nor deny that myself. However, I can say that maybe that rumor has been improperly misled. I don't know how much teasing I want to do with that so...

The official card for CZCW Uprising 2015:

Xtreme title match: UK Dragon vs. Snap Dragon ©

El Mitico and The American Flash vs. Notorious

Canadian Elite vs. Rich and Famous

Whippy the Clown vs. Frankie Boy Fernandez

Ladder Match for the Tag Team Titles:

Shoot Thrillers vs. Vault Vultures ©

Co-Main Event: Champagne Lover vs. Donnie J

TLC Match for the Coastal Zone Championship:

Masked Cougar vs. Insane Machine ©

Wow! Looks to be a spectacular card! I'm liking Mitico & Flash tagging recently. I hope they officially become a team at some point! Hang ten and stay in the zone!

OOC: Apologies for not updating this as often. Not going to go into detail as to why but the best thing is that I still got this game going and now on my new laptop! YAYS! Predict if you'd like, I'll get the next show up Sunday or Monday.

Shoot Thrillers vs. Vault Vultures

Glad to see that you are back to doing this and even better for your sake that you didn't lose the game.

CZCW Uprising 2015

Saturday, March 21st 2015

Colorado Springs Bar

Attendance: 259

Pre-show interview (only on DVD)

Guru is back in the interview position with the light blue background, giving the feel of a beach-like environment. This time, the tag team champions come into view as the crowd boo both John Greed & Teddy Powell as they show off their straps.

Guru: Ladies and gentlemen, I have none other than the so-called Vault Vultures and two time tag team champions, John Greed & Teddy Powell. I do have a couple questions for each of you and first wanted to ask Powell, how does it feel again to be a tag champ alongside Mr. Greed?

Powell: Guru, it feels fantastic! Ha ha ha, I just don’t understand why everyone seems to underestimate us. Back at Christmas Cage Chaos we claimed that we would take the tag straps back from Atom Smasher & Donnie J. They didn’t even deserve those belts! And now, Smasher bolted from the company leaving us out to dry! No, that’s not happening here...

Guru: Well, that’s one thing I wanted to get to with Mr. Greed here.

John looks away as if he didn’t hear a thing as Guru goes on…

Guru: I’ve learned from some credible sources that Mr. Greed will be joining Smasher up in the the north east. Now John, if this is true, what do you have to say to yourself? And especially being a title holder, I was told to ask: what kind of champ do you think that makes you?

Powell shows confusion towards his cohort about this new information…

Greed: (takes a long pause, as the crowd boos enthusiastically) It is true. Now Teddy, before you think it has anything to do with money. I want you to know… IT COMPLETELY DOES! (Greed smirks as he just walks off without even acknowledging Guru’s question and Powell chasing after as the Guru takes us ringside…)

Quick and fast-paced as we saw UKD attempt a Dragon Drop but Snap Dragon got out of it and followed with a devastating Dragon’s Breath for the win!

Winner and STILL Xtreme Champion: Snap Dragon (Making his second defense)

This tag bout made some ok use of tag pyschology although Barrera & Bullet are still rusty, they did manage to isolate Flash for a period of time until Mitico came in and cleaned house. Some high flying action ensued, Mitico got a roll up, Barrera knocked him off. Flash then came in and made the save while Mitico slid out of a powerbomb into a facebuster on Bullet for the win!

Winners: El Mitico Jr. & The American Flash by pinfall

*Note: Notorious are still learning as this was the worst match on the card. Made me wonder why Mitico was being booked this way but oh well…

Johnson seemed a bit rusty in this match. Jackpot Jordan got the pinfall after a sick looking Cash In on Trent. This marks Shaffer’s third loss in a row after losing the Xtreme title. He looked frustrated afterwards.

Winners: Rich & Famous by pinfall

A passable match given by these two high flyers. The Canadian Clown made quick work of Frankie with a Joke’s On You.

Winner: Whippy the Clown by pinfall

This gimmick match well-suited the champions as Speed looked frustrated at one point when climbing when of the ladders (bent on one side after Powell took a spill on it). Greed was still in top form even though this would be his last match, fans booed him relentlessly because of the announcement. The finish came when Speed and Greed were on the ladder struggling for the belts, Moose came in after putting Powell through a table and snuck under Greed with a powerbomb off the ladder! (Speed had a little difficulty getting the belts but eventually got them with a chorus of cheers)

Winners and NEW tag team champions: Shoot Thrillers

*Intermission*

Backstage:

I came through the back and said hi to some of the guys. Congratulated Greed on getting called up. And then found my own little corner just to rest… until a familiar voice interrupted the silence…

Cliff: (in a whisper) Guru! Guru!

Guru: What’s up, Cliff?

Cliff: Hey, do you know what Duke’s next move is?

Guru: Um… I have an idea of what he’s cooking up now that both Smasher and Greed are gone.

Cliff: Well…???

Guru:(I sighed) He said something about signing a foreign wrestler and possibly re-teaming someone with one of our alumni.

Cliff: ….that just makes me more frustrated. He won’t tell me everything that he does now. It’s almost like I’m walking around eggshells with him these days. It seems like just yesterday this punk kid came into our dressing room and promised the boys we’d get our TV deal back… granted, he’s done a lot for us but it’s just like walking into a time bomb these days.

Guru: Cliff, man, you guys just need to check your egos at the door and come to some sort of agreement.

All I heard was silence… and then I realized Cliff had walked away and I don’t think he heard my last statement…

*End of Intermission*

Both of these men have crossed paths many times in the CZ ring, but this would mark the first time they face without the championship on the line. The bout was interesting as the crowd was split between both wrestlers. Lover dominated early on with a springboard dropkick, a sick running forearm in the corner, and an implant DDT for a two count. Donnie finally started getting momentum in his favor after delivering an eye-poke, followed by a series of suplexes. Then he followed up with a Tope Con Hillo for a two count. Eventually, they began trading shots back and forth until Lover got the upper hand and hit a Love Stunner out of desperation… Donnie kicked out at the last second! Lover then picked him up and went for another stunner but Donnie shoved him off and nailed a Death on Miami Beach! This only got a two count as well! Donnie picked him up again but Lover reversed it, went for another stunner, Donnie caught the kick spun him around and nailed a stunner of his own for the win! The crowd went nuts afterwards, both men got a standing ovation.

Winner: Donnie J by pinfall

Both men were in their element here as they pulled out all the stops. The beginning was funny since Machine went for a ladder right away, but Cougar dropkicked it into him before he had a chance to set it up. Cougar then went for a couple of chairs, setting one up in the corner and then nailing one to the skull with a super kick! By mid way of the match they were teasing table spots from the top rope to the outside but eventually got back in the ring where they traded shots, Cougar then sent Machine out of the ring and on the table. He then went for a springboard splash but Machine got out of the way just in time as Cougar met splinters on the floor! Machine then eventually mustered up enough energy to climb the ladder and grab his title!

Winner and STILL Coastal Zone Champion: Insane Machine

Show Rating: C-

Predictions:

TakerNGN74 and Emark, you guys got 4/7 right!

Thanks for the predictions, more news and next card will be up on Wednesday. Due to it being Mania weekend, I will probably post the results next Tuesday.

Rapsheet.com’s webmaster report

…Now to turn some attention over to the Coastal Zone!

-Lots of rumors going around about more wrestlers leaving after John Greed and Atom Smasher. However, Coastalzone.com addresses the issue very candidly and they note that even though there may be turn-over going on especially with the wrestling economy now being in a growth period. To quote in their own words, “…as much as we’d like to keep a stable roster, it’s just not a guarantee at this time. However, we’re not going to sit around and just wait for the change to come. Now it’s time for the Zone to change as well.”

-It is now confirmed that Hannah Potter will have an autograph signing at Welcome to the Coastal Zone in May for her cover shoot in the Bunnies magazine.

-Speaking of, the second annual King of SoCal Tournament will be taking place in May as well. It will keep the tradition like last year that the King gets a championship match the following month in June. Rumors are already circulating that either Donnie J, Masked Cougar, or Champagne Lover will claim the thrown.

-It is also confirmed that KC Glenn has been signed for a year long pay-per-appearance contract. The former Xtreme Champion and two-time tag team champion (alongside Donnie J as High Velocity) is no stranger to the Zone. There is another wrestler signed on but it's been kept under raps. It's obvious that the mystery opponent against Teddy Powell at the next show is the other signee.

-In August, Wave of Fury will be marked as the 25th year of CZCW’s existence. It is expected the show will be bigger and that officials are looking to bring in some other wrestlers for one-time appearances on the show to commemorate the historic event.

That’s all for now when it comes to the Zone…

CoastalZone.com’s announced card for Spring Break Bash 2015:

(subject to change)

Masked Cougar vs. KC Glenn

Nate Johnson vs. UK Dragon

Champagne Lover, El Mitico Jr, & The American Flash vs. Sammy the Shark, Nelson Callum, & Air Attack Weasel

Tag Team Title Match:

Rich & Famous vs. Shoot Thrillers ©

Teddy Powell vs. Mystery Opponent

Xtreme Title Match

Table Match:

Whippy the Clown vs. Snap Dragon ©

Coastal Zone Championship match:

Donnie J vs. Insane Machine ©

OOC: Go ahead and predict. Once again, results will be posted next Tuesday. Please don't hesitate to leave comments or suggestions either, I'm very open to criticism.

Masked Cougar vs. KC Glenn

Nate Johnson vs. UK Dragon

Champagne Lover, El Mitico Jr, & The American Flash vs. Sammy the Shark, Nelson Callum, & Air Attack Weasel

Tag Team Title Match:

Rich & Famous vs. Shoot Thrillers ©

Not sure how long the SHoot Thrillers have held the belts but to be honest I don't care as long as they defeat Rich and Famous.

Teddy Powell vs. Mystery Opponent

Wherever there is a mystery opponent I can't go against them because it could be anybody.

Xtreme Title Match

Table Match:

Whippy the Clown vs. Snap Dragon ©

I like Whippy but hes not going to win this match.

Coastal Zone Championship match:

Donnie J vs. Insane Machine ©

This match is a hard one to pick in but I will have to go with Insane Machine as he is one of my favoriote wrestlers when booking CZCW.

Archived