Stats for fighters [celebrities, sports stars]

Hey guys,

I've been meaning to create and import some non-fighter people to the game to make it more interesting, but I have a serious problem - I have no idea on how to create guys so they are not too weak or too strong. I'm thinking of bringing pro wrestlers, boxers, NBA players and even celebrities into the game but I'd like to do it in a way that doesn't make them useless or unbeatable... so my question to You guys is:

How to create balanced fighters? Maybe someone is also adding celebrities etc. to their games and could share the file so I could use it?

I'm talking mostly to WMMA veterans here, but any ideas are appreciated really. Thinking of guys like Floyd Mayweather, Shaquille O'Neal, Ricky Hatton, Ivory, John Cena... but basically there are LOADS of possibilities and characters, so I'm really open and eager to hear Your ideas.

Hey guys,

I've been meaning to create and import some non-fighter people to the game to make it more interesting, but I have a serious problem - I have no idea on how to create guys so they are not too weak or too strong. I'm thinking of bringing pro wrestlers, boxers, NBA players and even celebrities into the game but I'd like to do it in a way that doesn't make them useless or unbeatable... so my question to You guys is:

How to create balanced fighters? Maybe someone is also adding celebrities etc. to their games and could share the file so I could use it?

I'm talking mostly to WMMA veterans here, but any ideas are appreciated really. Thinking of guys like Floyd Mayweather, Shaquille O'Neal, Ricky Hatton, Ivory, John Cena... but basically there are LOADS of possibilities and characters, so I'm really open and eager to hear Your ideas.

LOL the first thing I thought when I read this was: "Yeah, send Cena into the octagon. He'd get killed even by the bantamweights." LOL.

Yeah, I totally get how in reality they would get killed out there... but as You probably realize I'm using it for a fantasy game anyway, with C-Verse world invaded by real world fighters, so I thought I'd add even more spice to it... The thing is, I don't wanna create worthless guys who will be beaten by everybody, but I don't want to make them huge stars right off the bat.

I have no experience in creating fighters so they are balanced, plus I don't know what stats should they have...

So I'd appreciate more advice GDS folk :)

Blackman pretty much explained it all in his post.

I guess for Cena you could use a wrestling template at level 5.

Guys like Mayweather and Hatton should have amazing boxing, but very little takedown defense and very little to no ground game.

Unless you want them all to be well-rounded. In that case just give them all a MMA-Wrestling template at 5-6.

LOL the first thing I thought when I read this was: "Yeah, send Cena into the octagon. He'd get killed even by the bantamweights." LOL.

I haven't watched wrestling in ages so I don't know how Cena is besides watching him throw people around.

But I always wondered, what if Kurt Angle fully focused on mma instead of going to wwe.

A decent stand-up game might have made him a force in mma.

I haven't watched wrestling in ages so I don't know how Cena is besides watching him throw people around.

But I always wondered, what if Kurt Angle fully focused on mma instead of going to wwe.

A decent stand-up game might have made him a force in mma.

Well, considering he's not an idiot, he wouldn't fight until he was properly trained to do so.

I'd like to keep this thread going, so if anyone has more advice/suggestions/ideas, they can post it here. I'm sure I won't be the only one interested in reading it.

As for the idea with templates, it is awesome because of how quick it is, but at the same time won't it make the fighters too similar? I mean, I don't want EVERY single boxer or wrestler to have identical stats, if You guys catch my drift.

Well, considering he's not an idiot, he wouldn't fight until he was properly trained to do so.

Yeah, but that wasn't what I was trying to say. Even with no stand up he would have been able to pick up a few wins with just his wrestling.

What I was trying to say was that if he went into mma instead of wwe, he could have pretty successful because of his wrestling background.

Or Shaq Fu, as he calls it :)

Any other suggestions for people who could be put in the game? Maybe someone with some martial arts experience, or someone who You guys would personally see fitting for the fighting world?

I'm also thinking on putting in guys like Rocky Balboa, Kurt Angle, The Undertaker, as well as guys from Pro Wrestling's C-Verse like Cornell, Big Smack Scott... think of the matches, think of the ratings :) And yes, what a random bunch of guys it is, but I think it would make an interesting game for sure. I'll wait until most of my guys are retired and then mix the regens with those new created characters.

That would be cool, creating him with 0's everywhere, and watch him become the first guy who NEVER wins a fight. Keep those coming, good people :)

come on, in a no homo way he has to have 100% looks.

Also maybe add Eminem, Chris Brown, Lil Wayne, Chad Ochcinco (don't know how to spell his name), Dana White :p.

Matt Cooke (the elbow Master), Ron Artest, Buddah, Allah, Rocky Balboa, E. Honda, Sub Zero and Eddie from Tekkan

Like Charlie Scheen that's winning.

I have an idea, add bands and put them in relationships with each other or an alliance.

Other people that could be added, Zedeno Chara, Joe Rogan, some hot girls like jessica alba, the jones brothers (same stats as Beiber :p), James Bond:cool: Adam Ryland :p

Archived