• angeldelayette's: USPW: An American Dream
  • eayragt's USPW: A Joker At Work
  • No Neck's Guest Booker: The Phoenix Also Rise- Phil Vibert & PWC
  • London's TCW- The Never Ending Journey
  • Eisenverse's USPW- The Great American Spectacle
  • Codey's The Johhny Heizenger Story
  • Acrible's God Bless Texas - 1977 C-Verse
  • Yuu Onuki's Memoirs of a Booker 5SSW: Return of the Oracle

First and foremost, Thank you to all who have voted for me thus far! When looking over the stable of writers in this month's DOTM awards, with such a deep-deep field, It truthfully makes me happy to see a potential 'golden age' on an upswing (that being, a lot of great writers, old and new, putting together some great projects).

That said, I put my vote in favor of London's TCW dynasty. Reasoning? He's put in A LOT of work creating re-renders for all of his workers for one. While that's not entirely key to making a great project, it surely does show a great level of dedication (also, after having a PM or two with him, I know he's looking to do more in favor of his project). On top of that, he's proven to be a great new writer on the board; creating a 200+ post project as if from nowhere.

Really, anyone in this grouping really deserves the win. We all put in a lot of hard work, focus, and attention, into our projects & I'm just happy to see such a great crowd of writers still working hard.

Cheers.

E-V

First and foremost, Thank you to all who have voted for me thus far! When looking over the stable of writers in this month's DOTM awards, with such a deep-deep field, It truthfully makes me happy to see a potential 'golden age' on an upswing (that being, a lot of great writers, old and new, putting together some great projects).

That said, I put my vote in favor of London's TCW dynasty. Reasoning? He's put in A LOT of work creating re-renders for all of his workers for one. While that's not entirely key to making a great project, it surely does show a great level of dedication (also, after having a PM or two with him, I know he's looking to do more in favor of his project). On top of that, he's proven to be a great new writer on the board; creating a 200+ post project as if from nowhere.

Really, anyone in this grouping really deserves the win. We all put in a lot of hard work, focus, and attention, into our projects & I'm just happy to see such a great crowd of writers still working hard.

Cheers.

E-V

Wow. Thanks man.

Like Eisen-verse, I really appreciate all the support I have received so far, it means a great deal.

My TCW diary has indeed passed 200 posts now and I'm still thoroughly enjoying it all so it looks like it may be around for the long haul. Phantom Stranger, I'm coming for you son!!!;):p

Best of luck to all the writers in the field.

Oh, I forgot to mention that my vote went for angeldelayette. Nice solid read, good character portrayal and great presentation. Basically it has it all.

Cheers.

E-V

You know, I'm not so sure about the Golden Age. I have said this before, but too many writers write for the wrong reasons, or even worse, they don't really know why they are writing.

You know, I'm not so sure about the Golden Age. I have said this before, but too many writers write for the wrong reasons, or even worse, they don't really know why they are writing.

Could you expand on this please. :) I don't get what you mean (about writing for the wrong reasons). Is it to do with people giving up if they get little response?

I know what you mean; if you aren't writing firstly for your own enjoyment, then you probably aren't going to stick around for long.

For me personally, I enjoy sharing my creativity (or lack there of) and seeing how the GDS forum members respond and interact. It's always enjoyable to get feedback but at the end of the day, as a writer, if you are not writing for yourself first and foremost, it can become a chore.

I agree with what Eisen-verse is saying though about a lot of good writers producing enjoyable pieces. With a few noticable exceptions (Bigpapa42 to name one) most of the big name writers of recent memory have a project going on. Rarely do I go into a diary and think "hmmmmmm, I don't like this at all"; more often than not I find myself wishing that there were more hours in the day to read these pieces.

Could you expand on this please. :) I don't get what you mean (about writing for the wrong reasons). Is it to do with people giving up if they get little response?

That's one thing. But here's the thing. Unless you are writing comedy, writing should be a more selifish rather than a selfless endeavor. If you are writing because or for yourself, then you have more motivation to do it well and it the way you want do to make it work.

But if you are writing for others, then it's a rather hopeless pursuit. People can choose not to read your work. Why write for others when others won't read what you write?

I also feel that are a few writers (you know who you are) that do a diary because "itz coolz!!1" And then write these... well, quite frankly, rushed diaries, and then complain that no one is reading their diary, and sometimes even implying that they would have written better if there were more readers. Feh. It doesn't work that way.

I'll repeat: you must write for yourself first and foremost. If you can't do that, then you are in for a huge amount of disappointment.

So close and yet so far....ah well, always next month. Congratulations Eisen-verse; the award is well deserved.

Truthfully, LoNdOn, you, like many others in this month's pool, really deserved to walk away with the nod. There are a number, yourself included, of great writers on the GDS boards that it always means a lot to walk away with such a respectful gesture.

Thank you to everyone who voted this month. I put my heart and soul into my works, which is why I tend to jump around sometimes in the past, as I am a creature of inspiration, and something like this really gives me the fuel to keep on going; to know that there are others out there who like my work (this USPW project in particular).

Cheers.

E-V

Archived