Wow...recruiting

Where to start....seriously, I spent 4 hours going through recruits last night...honestly I don't know how to get started as far as selecting who to focus on....what do you guys use for planning who you want to bring to your school intially? I love the depth of this.

I review my roster and make a list of my needs. I then review the available players and sort by rank and then interest level. Using my needs list, I review the players most interested in my program that are pretty good ("pretty good" depends on your program and what level talent you can pick up) that fit my needs and go after them. As a barometer, I play UNC and focus on greens (with some yellows). I have never landed a blue I have gone after, even when they started with a 10 interest level in me. I usually end up with half green and half yellow recruits. My experience has been with the demo, I haven't gotten to recruiting yet on the retail version. Your mileage may vary...

[QUOTE=Orsalak]I review my roster and make a list of my needs. I then review the available players and sort by rank and then interest level. Using my needs list, I review the players most interested in my program that are pretty good ("pretty good" depends on your program and what level talent you can pick up) that fit my needs and go after them. As a barometer, I play UNC and focus on greens (with some yellows). I have never landed a blue I have gone after, even when they started with a 10 interest level in me. I usually end up with half green and half yellow recruits. My experience has been with the demo, I haven't gotten to recruiting yet on the retail version. Your mileage may vary...[/QUOTE] I'll add to this: Make sure you evaluate your own team and have reasonable expectations. For a school like UNC(where I play also), that means maybe a 5-star, then some 4-stars and more 3-stars with some two stars filling out the class. Don't go after five-stars unless they look like a really promising target. Also, go through the big list and add recruits you like to your watch list. It makes everything much more manageable. Just dont forget to keep checking for new possibilities on the big recruit screen because interest levels change.

If their interest is 5 or less there is very little shot of getting them. Although later on within the recruiting a 5 or 6 may raise to a 7 or 8 depending on whether or not the school they originally wanted wanted them. Since I was a beta tester I have quite a bit of experience when it comes to this. 6 and 7's are quite possible. Pick the right pitch and you just might get them.

[QUOTE=rroberson]Do you guys go after people with little interest ever? ANd if so does it ever pan out?[/QUOTE] The lowest I've gone after is a 7-and that was an in-state high likelihood guy. I feel like if your below a 7, then your sitting below their top 10 and it's not worth going after them. Now, this is also why i mentioned to make sure you check the full recruits list because the interest can shoot up if some schools do not make offers or find guys elsewhere.

Archived