Anyone up for a 3 or 4 player 1995 game?

I'm looking to start up a new MP game using my War of The Worlds september 1995 mod. I have two ideas for a game and I'll be up for either one of them, depending on interest:

Gametype 1

A 4-player game in USA and Japan featuring WWF, WCW NJPW and AJPW. I'd like to play as NJPW in this, as I've never played in Japan before and would like to try it out. And I feel it could be interesting to see two major rivalries play out in each of the world's two biggest wrestling countries.

Gametype 2

A 3-player game in USA featuring WWF, WCW and TNA. TNA would replace USWA and all workers for the three promotions would be released (except for the owners Vince McMahon, Ted Turner and Jeff Jarrett) and a pre-game draft would be held (I suggest a serpentine draft with the following order: WWF, WCW, TNA). I'd like to play TNA in this, seeing it as an exciting prospect to start something from scratch.

I imagine doing a mini-diary of sorts so that we can follow what's going on in each others' promotions, but I don't expect people to spend countless hours making diary entries. I'm in Europe myself but am willing to play with anyone anywhere, as long as they are dedicated.

Anyone up for either of these scenarios?

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWF 1995

Ric Flair

Hulk Hogan

Big Show

Roddy Piper

Jake Roberts

Arn Anderson

Lex Luger

Warrior

Mick Foley

Psycho Sid

William Regal

HHH

Edge

Jim Duggan

Yokozuna

Tazz

Raven

The Iron Sheik

Kevin Sullivan

Christopher Daniels

Sgt. Slaughter

Sandman

Spike Dudley

Non-Wrestlers:

Vince McMahon

Gary Hart

Joey Styles

Ted Dibiase

Earl Hebner

Sunny

Harley Race

Mark Curtis

Woman (Nancy Sullivan)

American Wrestling Association:

Active Roster:

Curt Hennig

Bret Hart

Terry Funk

Owen Hart

Scott Steiner

Rick Steiner

Scott Hall

Terry Gordy

Rey Misterio Jr.

Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow

"The Ultimo Dragon" Yoshihiro Asai

Ron Simmons

Carlos Konnan

"Hardjaw" D. John Finlay

Rob Van Dam

"The American Nightmare" Dustin Rhodes

Perry Saturn

Chavo Guerrero II

Juventud Guerrera

"The Silver King" Cesar Barron

Dionicio "Psicosis" Torres

Masato Tanaka

Stephen Richards

Solofa Fatu Lua

Samula Anoa'i

Lance Storm

Non Wrestling Staff:

Verne Gagne

Dusty Rhodes

Jim Cornette

Lord Alfred Hayes

Nick Patrick

Gene Okerlund

Cool, I didn't expect the game to get filled so soon. :)

There's a slight problem though, as we are actually not 4, but 5 - as Big Al signed up before anyone else, though by PM. And I'm afraid no magic can allow us to make TEW a 5-player game... so what to do; first comes first serve - or see who's the most interested and decide from that...?

Either way, there seem to be the most interest in game version #2, which is fine by me. And I'd be fine with bumping up ECW as the fourth brand if anyone should be up for that, though I must warn that their hardcore cult product prevents them from getting as good TV deals as the rest... so it's more of a challenge.

Personally, I don't care if the companies are actual contemporaries or not. I'm totally cool with ECW or the AWA or Cyborg Wrestling 9000. But: What about products? Can we choose our own product or does it need to be similar to the fed we get?

I'd prefer if we work within the product boundries of the game, eg. only change it as much as the owner/pre-defined settings allows us. Otherwise, I'm afraid it would be too easy to create an uber-promotion.

Now that you mention it, I think perhaps AWA could be a great choice for a fourth company, as they'd likely be more viable than ECW and have that grand aura to them (also, they are actually already in my mod as an inactive promotion). But I'd personally prefer if it's a real company we bring in, as I think the draft thing provides us with more than enough fantasy. :D

As I mentioned previously I myself would like to try out TNA, if that's okay with people?

About the draft itself, I was thinking maybe we should draft, say, 30 workers each before starting the game? That way, we'd get a good basis without emptying the worker pool completely for talent. I also think we should draft people who are only either without contract or on a non-written contract to avoid seeing promotions like NJPW, AJPW and CMLL completely torn apart. Or we could put a limit on it and say we could draft maybe 2 workers on written contracts each (not including the WCW and WWF workers who will, as mentioned, all be free).

Any thoughts?

Face Shawn Miichaels, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Brian Pillman, Jushin Liger, Sabu, Tiger Mask Satoru Sayama

Al Snow, Ray Traylor

Heels Mark Calloway, Steve Austin, Vader, Jerry Lawler, Bob Backlund, John Tenta, Tonga, Marc Mero,

Non Wrestkers Bobby Heenan, Gorilla Monsoon, Jimmy Hart.

I think drafting 30 is a good number, I am keen to have a go at this game, I think if we are having 4 or possibly 5, why not the 2 japanese feds and 3 usa ones. Though Hives you started the thread I am happy for you to make a decision and follow on from that. I will just mention some of what I suggested to you earlier so others can see.

1 possibly put limitations on roster size

2 possibly putting limitations on number of young wrestlers in each roster

3 possibly having a limit to new wrestlers signed each month

These of course are only suggestions but I think they will help to keep good talent available to bring in on short term contracts for all.

It's not possible to have 5 players in a single game, unfortunately, 4 is max. And if we're doing a draft, I think it would be most fun if we're all in the same country. There should be enough talent in USA for 4 big promotions, I'd say.

It could probably be a good idea with some basic rules to prevent one promotion from hording all young workers and just sticking them in development.

I also imagine giving all 4 promotions 1 A TV show from the start, to make things a bit even on that front.

Assuming you guys are using WWF, WCW, TNA, and 1 other promotion then use all the workers currently employed by these promotions and anyone who is not on a written deal at the time. The other criteria should be they HAVE to be active in the USA.

WCW by itself had enough wrestlers at this time to employ all 4 companies alone. Ok maybe I am stretching that a bit.

I will be curious to see this draft. You guys should do a diary for this game. Seems like it would be interesting enough.

Assuming you guys are using WWF, WCW, TNA, and 1 other promotion then use all the workers currently employed by these promotions and anyone who is not on a written deal at the time. The other criteria should be they HAVE to be active in the USA.

Good idea to have being active in USA as a requirement as well.

WCW by itself had enough wrestlers at this time to employ all 4 companies alone. Ok maybe I am stretching that a bit.

Yeah I think WCW and WWF combined has something in the region of 150 workers from the start of the game... so combined with the unemployed and PPA-contracted workers in USA, it shouldn't be a huge problem to fill 4 promotions with quality workers.

I will be curious to see this draft. You guys should do a diary for this game. Seems like it would be interesting enough.

Yes I really hope people will be up for writing down their shows and stuff in a diary. As previously mentioned, it won't have to be something heavy; just enough to make the other players (and anyone else interested) able to follow the promotion.

Here's what I'm thinking so far, but I'm open for change:

Promotions: WWF, WCW, AWA, TNA (draft will be serpentine and in that order)

TV-shows: WWF Monday Night Raw, WCW Monday Nitro, AWA All-Star Wrestling, TNA Impact!

Owners (and the only contracted worker pre-draft): Vince McMahon (WWF), Ted Turner (WCW), Verne Gagne (AWA), Jeff Jarrett (TNA)

Rules:

1. Only workers who are set to work in USA and are NOT on a written contract can be drafted.

2. 30 workers per promotion is to be drafted in a serpentine draft. The draft includes not only active wrestlers but staff members as well.

3. After the draft, only 1 worker under 22 may be signed to a written contract per promotion per month (PPA contracts are unrestricted).

4. Permission must be given to use a worker name exclusive to another promotion (so if eg. AWA drafts The Undertaker, the person playing WWF must agree to them using that name or a new name must be chosen).

5. Real world and grand man avatars are allowed. Current real world avatars in my mod: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jesse Ventura, Jim Crockett Jr., Sylvester Stallone. I'm open to excluding the real world avatars if people would prefer that we all use the same avatar. Or alternatively add someone not already included, if it's someone who makes a bit sense.

6. Everyone should agree to participate in at least a basic diary (won't have to be too time-consuming and complex).

7. Anything else...?

Should I make promotion popularity and prestige the same for all 4 or leave it as is, with WWF and WCW roughly being equal and AWA and TNA roughly being equal...?

I just downloaded the WotW mod but couldn't find AWA... le sad.

Anyhoo if I make the game I'd like to play as them if that's possible.

I actually had AWA in my mod for TEW2008, but deleted them for this version (I had them as a company set to re-emerge sometime in the future). But I'm currently adding titles and title lineage for them, which will make it into the next release of the mod (which I hope to release over the weekend). I probably won't add AWA as a promotion to the default version of the mod, but will add them in the modified drafted version of the mod which we are to play. So you can definately have them. :)

Oh yeah awesome. I'll happily take that product.

Cool. Then we have you in AWA and me in TNA.

Big Al as #1 respondant and JackKnifed72 as #2 respondant will then get to select between WWF and WCW. If either one fails to select within 24 hours, rvdjrv2002 will as #4 respondant be given the spot. I think that's the only fair way to do this.

I was thinking about another rule btw, connected to the draft:

It is possibly to draw both members of a tag team at once, though it will of course count as 2 consecutive picks. This will only be allowed for wrestlers who primarily wrestled in tag teams at the time (like The Road Warriors, Harlem Heat or The Smoking Guns) and will not be allowed to be abused to draft eg. Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage or Kevin Nash and Scott Hall at once. This rule is meant to prevent breaking up excellent tag teams who primarily signed for promotions together, like The Road Warriors, The Steiner Brothers, The Nast Boys, etc.

Archived