Anyone up for a 3 or 4 player 1995 game?

See, I'm probably the only person on earth who actually likes the minimum roster rule... but if we did keep it there would have to be something done to beef up WWF/WCW. Maybe they get an extra <however many> rounds they need past 30 to meet the roster expectations?

would only really matter for the first show...by week two we can sign enough free agents to flesh out the lower end of the roster...I'm Ok with that, up to everyone else

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do have a couple of last minute questions:

-Product. I'm assuming the product will be the same as in the WotW data (i.e. WWF is Sports Entertainment, very popularity driven etc.)

Yes, the same as in WoTW. For AWA, the product is *nearly* identical with that of USWA. No significant changes.

-Non Wrestlers. Road Agents, Refs and Announcers...They have a fairly major impact on match ratings, do we have to draft them or just keep the promotions existing one (i.e. WWF has J.R., WCW has Mike Tenay etc.)

These have to be drafted as well, making the draft much more strategic...

-Roster Size. Can we turn off the penalty for small rosters, otherwise WWF and WCW (atleast, not sure the size for TNA & USPW) will be taking a hit for only having 30 workers

Uhm... what penalty? This is news to me... :o

If there's a penalty, maybe we should rather increase the draft then. Could someone explain me more on this? 30 is perhaps a bit low for especially WWF and WCW, given that ~6-8 of them will likely be filled by non-wrestlers.

-Trades. Are pre-draft or draft day trades allowed? If so the #1 overall pick can be had...for a price :D

Sure, why not.

Under user preferences there's a box to turn on/off penalty for small rosters...International needs somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 or so wrestlers, if you are under that you will get a penalty for each show...If we are drafting for non-wrestler's maybe go to 35 or 40 rounds

Under user preferences there's a box to turn on/off penalty for small rosters...International needs somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 or so wrestlers, if you are under that you will get a penalty for each show...If we are drafting for non-wrestler's maybe go to 35 or 40 rounds

Ah yes, I had forgotten all about that. Well yeah, let's say 40 then. Would that suit everyone?

I'm really looking forward to this draft and subsequently being able to play in an MP game where all 4 players get to select their entire roster. Should be very exciting. :)

Though I really really REALLY hope none of you guys steal my #1 pick... because if you do, I'll be a very sad panda. If I get my #1 however, I'll be happy with whatever happens from then on. :D

I'm really looking forward to this draft and subsequently being able to play in an MP game where all 4 players get to select their entire roster. Should be very exciting. :)

Though I really really REALLY hope none of you guys steal my #1 pick... because if you do, I'll be a very sad panda. If I get my #1 however, I'll be happy with whatever happens from then on. :D

Love the South Park reference...#1 overall pick can be had for your 1st and 3rd rounder (I have already decided who's going first in the draft)

Love the South Park reference...#1 overall pick can be had for your 1st and 3rd rounder (I have already decided who's going first in the draft)

No thanks, that's too big a sacrifice for me. I'll take my chances and hope that neither of you 3 sneaky devils has the same thoughts as myself. :p

Quick problem with the whole being 'based in the USA' idea...

Bret Hart isn't. He's kinda intregal to the whole 1995 scene.

In fact no Canadians are. Neither are any Mexicans.

No Juventud. No Rey.

So I think we're better off with the whole 'Can Work In The US' + No Written Contract.

Oh... I thought this is what we're doing...

Could we make it just USA based wrestlers. Plus that will leave lots of great wrestlers to pick up later.

If you filter by 'Based In The US' then none of the guys you mentioned are listed...

As far as game terms go, we'd have to go by 'Can work in US'...

I meant based in the USA or in US federation. This I thought leaves people to chase later without taking the best out of the game on written contracts.

So do you think we should take everyone that can work in USA.

Looking at it like like this there really aren't that many "Can work in the US" workers left out then...mostly some young canadian talent would be excluded from the draft (Jericho, Edge, Christian etc.) Most non-US born wrestlers that are even moderatly over already work for a US fed so it can work either way really...Just might be hard to keep track of who's available and who isn't. especially in the later rounds

Just set based in Japan, and can work in USA, and wrestler and was surprised to see only 47 wrestlers came up so we may as well go your way, I thought there would be heaps.

I was kinda suprised to but yeah most foriegn workers are already in the US so sounds good...see you at the draft

Well, it sounds like you guys found a solution for the slight problem that came up without my assistance. Good job! :D

So theh consensus is that we *can* draft people from eg. Japan, Mexico, Canada not under written contracts after all? I'm fine either way, as long as we agree to something. :) Poor BCW if we can draft from Canada, though. :D

Though I must remind you that you cannot draft anyone to written contract who is either a owner or booker of another promotion. So if you want to draft, say, The Great Sasuke, it can only be on a PPA contract.

Furthermore... and this is perhaps something I should have mentioned sooner... you cannot sign someone to a written contract if he has a PPA contract with someone you have a working agreement with! I doubt this will become much of an issue, but it means that eg. WCW cannot sign Jushin Liger or Scott Norton to a written contract. But this should be a minor issue.

Another small issue: you cannot draft someone on an exclusive PPA contract if he's set as being loyal to his current employer. Won't be much of an issue, only Tommy Dreamer and Hayabusa comes to mind.

If possible, I simply suggest having the game open when drafting, to check for contracts. Sorry if I've made it complicated. :o

Do you have a list of workers affected by these varied rules as I spent the last few hours preparing a draft order. I guess I have time to make a few changes.

You know what, never mind the working agreement thing. I shouldn't have mentioned it so close to the draft. Just ignore it.

Owners or bookers of promotions on PPA contracts, from the top of my head:

The Great Sasuke, Genichiro Tenryu, Scott D'Amore, Tito Santana, Kendo Nagasaki, Yoshiaki Fujiwara, Jim Cornette, Nobuhiko Takada, Yoji Anjo

The following people on PPA contracts, again from the top of my head, cannot be signed at all, due to being exclusive and loyal to their employers:

Paul Heyman, Hayabusa, Tommy Dreamer

Archived