Question on Offensive/Defensive Philosophy

I had a question about how philosophies are determined for my team. I am playing a career with Pitt. I have all the help turned off, meaning I am not delegating any duties to my assistants. I set my offense to ‘smash mouth’ and my defense to ‘3-3-5’. My season goes fine. I hire staff that prefer to run the offense and defense that I have chosen. I begin to recruit towards my teams philosophies, i.e. a bruising FB, a hard hitting safety. I finish recruiting and training. When the new season starts, I view my team info page to see what my expectations are and I notice that I am now set to an offensively 'balanced' team with a defense of 4-4. Why did this change? Perhaps it should stay at what I set it at the previous season, until *I* change it? Is this a bug? Sean

If the game is suggesting that I switch, maybe sending me an email would be better then just switching it? If I had not read that text on the Team Info screen by chance, I would have assumed I was still a 'smash-mouth' team and wouldn't have gone into the 'set philosphy' screen at all. Perhaps you should handle it as you do recruiting...don't change anything I have set, but send me a suggestion via email?

Archived