[Hype] 1985: Rise of the Territories

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Promotions

Obviously, there's still a couple years left in the backstory, but here's the promotions listed so far that I'm assuming will be in the mod (which I'm excited for) although there are hints some may not survive 1983/84

World Wrestling Federation - New England/Tri State

Jim Crockett Promotions - Mid Atlantic

Georgia Championship Wrestling - South East

Championship Wrestling from Florida - South East

Continental Wrestling Association - South East or Mid South *not sure where Tenn. is considered to be in the game*

American Wrestling Association - Great Lakes or Mid West

Central States Wrestling - Great Lakes or Mid West

World Class Championship Wrestling - Mid South

Southwest Championship Wrestling - Mid South

All Japan Pro Wrestling - Kanto

So the premise is a WWF without Hulkamania?

You know Hive, I never really addressed this post, but I think the backstory sort of has. The premise is a world in 1985 that has been shaped by different circumstances.

It is The Fall meets DOTT.

I believe that men are shaped by circumstances and that when those circumstances change radically so too does our development as human beings. In real life Jim Crockett, Jr. was not nearly as ruthless as I've created, but the reality is that he is not ruthless in a malicious sense in this mod. He's been led down a path that's forced him to make decisions he was never faced with in real life and that has molded him into a different person.

Randy "The Ram" Robinson, Jay Leno, Bill Cosby, Tom Cruise, Nicolas Cage, Mel Gibson, Tom Hanks, Al Pacino, Bill Murray, Burt Reynolds, Harrison Ford, Denzel Washington, Leonardo Di Caprio, Patrick Stewart, Neil Patrick Harris....Just a bunch of random names im throwing out there...

I'd rather see some of these guys as actual talent you can hire rather than User Characters... sure some lend themselves to being owners but someone like "The Ram" could be a talent in the game, along with the Ayatollah... or Bill Cosby as a special guest at a PPV etc..

Update: Next story segment is in, "An Ever Changing World."

It's another long one. Sorry for the delay, I've been making a lot of significant changes to the game world and wasn't sure what to do with the story. It's all back on track now.

In terms of the mod itself, I'm nearing completion. I'm finalizing Japan right now and then will update some more bios and stuff. Still trying to get graphics done so that is a big holdup. Need help!! :)

BOTH!

Want kind of help do you need with the pictures?

Really just finding good pics of the workers and cutting them to size. It's really easy with this pic type as you are just getting a 150x150 (I think that's the size) square on the worker without worrying about putting them on a background. If you are seriously interested in helping I'll send you details on how to do it tonight.

If anyone can help with that it would be great because searching for these pics is slowing me down. Once the mod is done I'm just going to drop in Kyky pics to fill the gaps I can't get done.

Just FYI, mod is almost ready for a beta test. The guy I had in line for Beta testing seems to be really busy right now, so if someone else wants to give it a go please PM me. I need someone to play as like 4-5 different promotions to give me a feel for what they think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No update on the actual data still (sorry guys) but as I am determined to eventually release I decided to go ahead and post more of the story for you guys.

I actually haven't spell checked in a long time, so I hope it was written correctly. :)

Title is: An Alliance No More…

• 2 weeks later...

Archived