A Pro Draft

How about adding a professional draft to the end of the college season? Not sure how hard this would be to integrate, but I seem to remember a basketball game that would show you where your players went. This might also be a way to build prestige...ie, if you've managed to get several guys into the first round, players out of high school would see your program in a more favourable way. At the very least, I'd like to know how my stud college player fared in a professional draft. Does this sound like a decent feature to anyone else?

I don't think you need to actually export players to have what he's talking about...an email showing where your graduating/departing players went (1st round, 4th round, etc) would add a lot of value to the immersion aspect of the game. Could also factor into prestige.

Add me to the list of people who would like to see where their players went in the draft. I know nothing about programming, but if would not pose too much of a problem, I'd like to see an email report of where your players go. Then when the pro game comes out, you can add the export function.

TDCB had this. A very basic feature, just picked a random draft order for the 30 NBA teams, and sent out an email announcing all the picks. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to implement, just selecting the order based on the player's ratings and make it slightly weighted based on position. I would be interested in this as well.

Archived