fighters that went from underdog to champion

Does anyone have any stories of fighters that they have had that have gone from the total underdog to a champion?

My story is I am using Dawn of MMA and I was getting into the future so I figured I would finally do another Ultimate Fighter type thing. I threw in rookies and then a very heavy favorite that had already won 2 fights in the UFC.

As I thought my favorite(Kyle Petruzelli, a regen) would fight against a rookie(Albert Bobish, another regen) in the finals. I thought this would be a very easy win for Kyle and I 'promised' the winner a title shot. Kyle dominated the first round but in the 2nd Bobish landed 1 punch and ended the fight.

So he pulled off what seemed to be a pretty big upset. So I decided I would give him a title shot against Jake Shields. Jake Shields was another underdog himself, he beat Matt Hughes who was undefeated at 18-0 and now he had the title. Once again Bobish would lose the first round but in the 2nd round Bobish dropped Shields and won via TKO.

Bobish would eventually lose the title but win it back again and then lose it once again. Recently, Petruzelli won the title so I set up the rematch. This time Petruzelli won in dominating fashion.

That is my 'Rocky' esque story and it would be cool to hear some of yours.

The closest I have is Bob Sapp playing as UFC from the start I signed Sapp in 2002. He came in and was up and down with a 5-5 record, he then won three in a row so I gave him a title shot against Antonio Bell a regen who was Heavyweight champ after only six pro fights.

Bell looked pretty damn good beating Fedor for the title but Sapp despite poor cardio took him to the 4th round and won by TKO with only three seconds left.

An invincible Royce Gracie was beaten by Randy Couture in Randys 4th fight ever after he debuted and won a tournament. Then in turn Couture lost to a regen in the regens 4th ever fight.

Archived