How is the game playing

Hey guys,

I've been going back and fourth on whether or not to purchase WMMA 3. WMMA 2 was, by far and away, the buggiest game that I've ever purchased. Pretty sad when you consider the $35 price tag. Actually, it was worse than most of the free games that I've ever downloaded. Not to mention that the tech support is severly lacking and it had severe mind-numbing oversights; such as horrific character regens and no fighter generator.

That being said, I would like to support the game, hoping that they invest in a little quality control and improve their product/support for said game. But I find it hard when I've experienced the worst burn of any game that I've ever purchased.

So what's the score? Do they still have the same old continuous bugs and meltdowns? Or can you actually play this version into the "future" without it glitching out every time you get a few years in?

Thanks,

TC

I have played a game on real world data from 1993 to 2015 and a lot of my roster is regens and they are brilliant some even better than the real world fighters. I haven't run into any bugs and out of the thousands of fighters in the database there are under 50 that are not contracted.

Why did you find the tech support "severely lacking"? We're well known for the high quality and speed of our tech support, and I personally take great pride in it; to my knowledge, every code-related bug was patched within 48 hours of it being reported, and WMMA2 had less bug reports than any other game we've done, bar one....I'm surprised that anyone would find issue with that level of support.

Why did you find the tech support "severely lacking"? We're well known for the high quality and speed of our tech support, and I personally take great pride in it; to my knowledge, every code-related bug was patched within 48 hours of it being reported, and WMMA2 had less bug reports than any other game we've done, bar one....I'm surprised that anyone would find issue with that level of support.

This. I'm not a full-time customer of GDS, but they've got the greatest tech support of any gaming company I've seen.

Adam,

Thanks for jumping in on this. The full answer to your question would be a long post. The condensed answer is...

Of the countless games that I have played, there have been only two- WMMA2 and a game that will not be mentioned- for which I was never able to "fix" and get to play properly.

I really love the concept of WMMA, so I have put- at minimum- twenty hours of my time in trying to get it to play properly. During that time, I posted several questions trying to find the "fix". Many of the questions, no one ever bothered with a response (the definition of poor support) and if they were answered I was told to download the patch- which I had already downloaded three times. I was even told the problem that I was having was impossible. Guess what, it wasn't impossible.

I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

To this day, I've never been able to get WMMA2 to function properly. WMMA3 looks like a great improvement over WMMA2, but it's hard to feel very confident when you could never get the first game to work, and no one at the company seemed to care, because the new version was just around the corner.

Regards,

TC

During that time, I posted several questions trying to find the "fix". Many of the questions, no one ever bothered with a response (the definition of poor support) and if they were answered I was told to download the patch- which I had already downloaded three times. I was even told the problem that I was having was impossible. Guess what, it wasn't impossible.

I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

I do get the picture, but I'm afraid that I'm struggling to match that with what's happened on this board - just to be clear, you are talking about your experiences on the GDS forums, correct? Because if you're posting on EWB or other forums, I should make it clear that I don't do tech support elsewhere.

The reason I'm struggling to understand this is because:

- The only WMMA2 Tech Support threads that went unanswered were the ones where the poster edited it to say he'd already fixed it before I got to it, and the ones that were patched directly. There hasn't been a single unanswered unresolved issue in the WMMA2 Tech Support forum.

- The only WMMA2 thread that was not resolved and was still "open" was the ongoing issue with 64-bit operating systems and elicense, and that was far from unanswered given that it was several pages long and contained many potential solutions. The only unresolved threads that were closed without satisfactory resolutions from my end were when I was waiting for a response from the user and didn't get one for over 6 months, by which point I feel it's safe to assume they've either solved it or moved on and won't be responding.

- As I said earlier, WMMA2 had the least error reports of any game we've done, bar one, and the vast majority of "crash" errors had been patched within the first two months of the game's release.

This seems a world away from what you're describing, where threads go unanswered and there's constant crashes, and I'm really having a hard time understanding how that could be the case (especially with the former, as that's a black-and-white factual issue as I know there were no unanswered threads - hence why I was wondering if you may be posting elsewhere, possibly mistaking EWB for an official site?). Even if you'd become so frustrated with tech support that you weren't posting all the crashes you were getting, it would make no sense that other people weren't also getting them.

I'd be good if you could shed some light on the above, as if someone is having such problems and it somehow isn't making it to my attention, the system may need addressing - although I'm genuinely perplexed about how that would be the case, given that I patrol the tech support forums on a daily basis, so I'm not sure how threads could escape my attention.

I'll put my hat in the pool of Adam having a great track record with helping people with issues as well. Including when his games were in fact free. Not to bring up a somewhat competitor, but compared to a place like Wolverine Studios, GDS is Mecca.

And just another question to add to Adam's, were you posting in the right forum on the board? Not the WMMA 2 General Discussion, but the tech support forum? Sadly some questions get sort of pushed to the side in the general discussion sometimes, especially near release and for awhile afterwards because of the great deal of interest and what not. I'm not saying Adam doesn't help those people, but thats the only thing I can think of, and maybe random board folk just tried to tip in with downloading the patch.

I would agree with Adam. The "Tech Support" is without doubt one of the best around by far, all the responses to major issues are addressed very quick. The only thing I would want is more minor suggestion being put in the game such as "new commentary lines" since I'm sure I've seen all of them now.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived