World Championship Wrestling: The Revival

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g417/sanityisforbidden/TEWDynasty20052010/WCWAttitude.jpg

World Championship Wrestling: The Revival

Shane McMahon left a letter of intent to his father that he planned on returning to the wrestling world, only this time it wouldn't be back to the WWE, instead because of a loophole, Shane McMahon's name was still left on the contract of the World Championship Wrestling federation, and he still was the owner after all these years. On September 1st 2011, Shane McMahon contacted four people, three former wrestling superstars who all gained fame in his father's federation WWE, but they also gained respect for, and of, Shane McMahon. So when they heard he was starting World Championship Wrestling up again, they were ecstatic. They all offered their services to McMahon, and even offered to sign written contracts even though the federation wasn't as popular as it used to be.

The fourth person, his name is Brian Chambers, and Shane McMahon heard of him through a wrestling blog that he managed and wrote for "The Unlocked Chamber." Shane McMahon loved his views on the current day status of the wrestling world, and decided to give this guy, who's reputation is only known by a couple thousands of fans who read his wrestling blogs, a chance at booking the WCW. Shane McMahon has given him free reign as far as who to hire, and how the stories will progress. Shane McMahon has told Brian Chambers directly and to his face, before he ever signed the contract, don't screw this up.

-Source "The Unlocked Chamber"

Writers Notes (OOC): This is my first attempt at a diary, in regards to TEW. I'll be getting TEW 2010 soon, so this dairy is simply a warm up, and testing my skills. I might restart it in TEW 2010 with different storylines, but the same backstory. This is based off of a current day mod, that I started in September. Starting out at Cult, with two announcers, two referees, and three workers all signed to written contracts, the rest will be based on in game hirings. There is currently one tv show shown on the WCW Website, (a custom Medium Popularity Television network show in the US, Canada, and Mexico), as well as monthly pay-per-views shown on the WCW Website (a custom ppv provider) as well.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g417/sanityisforbidden/TEWDynasty20052010/WCWThunder.jpg</span> </div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p>

According to sources, WCW first episode of Thunder will air tonight. The rumor going around the lockeroom right now is that they don't know if they can trust the booking style of Brian Chambers. This will surely affect morale.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g417/sanityisforbidden/TEWDynasty20052010/WCWThunder.jpg</span><p>

<strong>September Week 1, Thursday, 2011</strong></p><p><strong>

WCW Thunder – Shown on the WCW Website</strong></p><p><strong>

Live from the Lawlor Events Center, in Rena Nevada.</strong></p><p><strong>

Results recapped by Brian Chambers.</strong> </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Pre-Show Match 1: The Ballard Brothers (Shane Ballard & Shannon Ballard) vs The Naturals (Andy Douglas and Chase Stevens)</span></p><p>

The match was fast paced action for both the, young and rising team, the Naturals and the Ballard Brothers (even though they are 40 years old). But at the end the Naturals were able to get the upper-hand when they isolated Shane Ballard in the corner wearing him down. After a tag from Andy Douglas to Chase Stevens, the two teamed up on Shane Ballard and hit their tag team finisher move the Natural Selection (Elevated Neckbreaker) for the win as Chase Stevens got the pinfall at 7 minutes and 15 seconds.</p><p>

<strong>Winner: Andy Douglas and Chase Stevens, The Naturals</strong></p><p><strong>

Rating: C- </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Pre Show Match 2: Sam McGraw v Joe Anoa'i vs Jon Heidenreich</span></p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match Notes: Sam McGraw is former WWE star Bull Buchanan who simply goes by Buchanan on the independent scene.</span></p><p>

The match was a fairly decent match, seeing Sam McGraw and Jon Heidenreich working together on Joe Anoa'i very early on. At the three minute mark, Heidenreich went for a pin only to have McGraw pull him off, the two started to brawl as Joe Anoa'i rolled out of the ring to regain his composure. At the nine minute mark Joe Anoa'i showed hints of power when he speared both Sam McGraw and Joe Heidenreich at the same time. The momentum sent McGraw out of the ring and Anoa'i hit Heidenreich with a Samoan Drop for the pinfall victory at 9 minutes and 45 seconds.</p><p>

<strong>Winner: Joe Anoa'i</strong></p><p><strong>

Rating: D-</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Show Opening Segment: Fireworks opened the show, and we see Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan at the announce table at ringside.</span></p><p>

<strong>Mike Goldberg:</strong> Hello and welcome to WCW Thunder! My name is Mike Goldberg, with me Joe Rogan my broadcast partner.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Joe Rogan:</strong> Thank you Mike, we have a great night of action for you tonight. In action tonight will be Vito and John Stamboli taking on a youthful team with lots of potential, The Edwards brother Rick and Eddie.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mike Goldberg:</strong> Also in action tonight, following in the footsteps of the growing style of high risk, high flying, and no limits, we will see “The Asian Cowboy” Jimmy Yang, “Maverick” Matt Bently, and Jerrelle Clark, in a three man falls count anywhere match as they all look to become the first ever WCW X-Division champion.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Joe Rogan:</strong> Asian Cowboy?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mike Goldberg:</strong> That's what it says here.</p><p>

<strong>Rating and Notes: C Rating, Mike Goldberg performed poorly... maybe he just needs more on screen experience.</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Authority Angle: Mick Foley debuts as the commissioner, and makes an announcement.</span></p><p>

The sounds of cars crashing hits the speaker system as Mick Foley heads to the ring in jeans, a black shirt, and a plaid over-shirt.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mike Goldberg:</strong> Well ladies and gentlemen, heading to the ring right now is Mick Foley. Shane McMahon appointed him the show's commissioner.</p><p> </p><p>

The crowd chants “Foley, Foley, Foley” as Mick grabs a microphone and begins to talk.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Commissioner Mick Foley:</strong> Thank you, thank you. For those that don't know my name is Mick Foley... as for why I'm here... well Shane McMahon put me in charge. <em>~crowd cheers~</em> Yeah I thought so too when I got the call. Anyway, just wanted to thank you all for coming out tonight and enjoying the first ever WCW Thunder right here in Reno, Nevada! </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Commissioner Mick Foley:</strong> I would like to say that starting tonight we will see the first four of eight men compete in the first round of the tournament to crown the first ever WCW World Champion. The two men in the finals will face off at first WCW pay-per-view “FACE OFF” later this month. At this time, I would like to introduce you to the first competitor in the tournament.</p><p> </p><p>

“Bodies” by Drowning Pool plays over the sound system as the lights dim and a spotlight shines at the entrance of the stage. After a few moments, the first competitor comes out onto the stage in his wrestling gear.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Joe Rogan:</strong> Oh my god, its Brock Lesnar, holy crap! I read earlier on “The Unlocked Chamber” that their were some big names coming into WCW I just never thought it would be Brock Lesnar.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mike Goldberg:</strong> You and me both Joe.</p><p> </p><p>

Brock Lesnar makes his way to the ring, stares at Foley before jumping up onto the apron, and pulling backwards on the top rope signaling fireworks to go off from the ring posts. He enters the ring and walks up to Mick Foley before smirking, grabbing the microphone from Foley's hand and and turning toward the camera, and the fans. He looks behind him a little bit at Mick Foley who exits the ring, and heads backstage.</p><p>

<strong>Rating and Notes: B- Rating, would have been better but the crowd's not fully recovered from the lackluster matches earlier.</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">In Ring Promo: Brock Lesnar</span></p><p>

<strong>Brock Lesnar:</strong> My name... is Brock Lesnar. That is a name you fear, not just because of the name, but because of who I am. In the UFC I made men cower before me as I beat them senseless, and fought my way to the World Championship. If I can do that, against mix martial artists, what chance do you think you have?</p><p> </p><p>

Brock drops the microphone, and looks toward the stage with intent, waiting to find out who his first opponent would be.</p><p>

<strong>Rating: B- </strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">WCW Thunder Match 1: Brock Lesnar vs Chavo Guerrero Jr.</span></p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match Notes: Quarterfinals Match in the WCW World Title Tournament. </span></p><p>

In a quick match which Brock Lesnar outclassed, the veteran Chavo Guerrero Jr. with his wrestling skills, Chavo was never able to gain any offense. As soon as the bell rang, Lesnar rushed Guerrero in the corner, and hit him devastating should blocks to the mid-section. Lesnar, whipped Guerrero to the opposite corner and hit him with a fullbody splash, squashing the much smaller frame of Guerrero in the corner. Guerrero writhes in pain on the mat as Lesnar looks toward the crowd who is growing angry with the man known as Brock Lesnar. Lesnar picks Chavo up by the ears with two hands and sets him on the top turnbuckle, slapping him in the face for good measure. Chavo saw his only piece of offense when he kicked Brock in the face, which only angered the mammoth who grabbed Chavo, put him on his shoulders and hit the patented F5 for the pinfall victory at 2 minutes and 37 seconds.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mike Goldberg:</strong> Chavo had no chance their, this was more a warmup match for Brock Lesnar.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Joe Rogan:</strong> But Brock Lesnar advances to the Semi finals of bracket 1.</p><p>

<strong>Winner and moving on to the semi finals of Bracket 1: Brock Lesnar</strong></p><p><strong>

Rating and Notes: C+, Brock Lesnar and Chavo Guerrero didn't seem to click well. I guess the small man vs big man didn't pay off here.</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Backstage Angle: Amy Dumas backstage with Jose and Joel Maximo</span></p><p>

Amy Dumas is seen backstage with Jose and Joel Maximo, seen huddled in a group. Amy Dumas seems to be giving orders to her new clients.</p><p>

<strong>Rating and Notes: B Rating, Wow this rating surprised me, that gives me high hope for this pairing later.</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">WCW Thunder Match 2: Vito Stamboli and Johnny Stamboli (The Full Blooded Italians) vs Rick and Eddie Edwards (The Edwards Brothers)</span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

</span><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match Notes: Rick Edwards goes by Davey Richards on the independent scene.</span></p><p>

In a fairly decent match, that showed the quickness of the Edwards brothers, run circles around the slower team of Vito and Johnny. The Edwards brother looked strong all through out the match, with the Full Blooded Italians showing their experience together they managed to corner Eddie Edwards half way through the match and hit him with a double suplex for a two count, that was broken up by Eddie Edwards. The end came when Rick Edwards hit the Brainbuster for the three count at 6 minutes and 36 seconds.</p><p>

<strong>Winner: Rick and Eddie Edwards, the Edward Brothers.</strong></p><p><strong>

Ratings and Notes: C-, The Full Blooded Italians are learning to perform better, which is great for my tag team division. </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Post Match Attack Angle: Jose and Joel Maximo attack the Edwards brothers.</span></p><p>

After the match was over, and the Edwards brothers looking a bit tired, Jose and Joel Maximo take to the ring by storm, with Amy Dumas following in tow, The Maximo's throw Eddie out of the ring and take Rick out with a brutal looking Backbreaker and Leg Drop combo. Rick gets back in the ring and manages to scare the Maximo's out of the ring for the time being.</p><p>

<strong>Rating and Notes: F, Are you kidding me? No heat? At All? Sheesh... lets hope they get better in the following weeks otherwise this could be a bad month for the tag division in terms of rating.</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Manager Promo Hype: Amy Dumas introduces the team of Jose and Joel Maximo to the WCW, and the Edwards Brothers.</span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

</span>Amy Dumas has a microphone in hand as she stands in front of Jose and Joel Maximo.</p><p> </p><p>

Amy Dumas: Well, well, well, congratulations on your little victory, against two aging superstars who's failures outweigh their success. Hey Rick, is your brother conscious yet? You see, you just witnessed what you will be facing at the pay-per-view Face Off. See I already talked with Mick Foley and he thinks it would be good for business if you two face my guys, Jose and Joel Maximo, the New Extreme Team. He said that he is willing to give both teams a shot at the WCW Tag Team Championship, but its not just going to be any match, it's going to be one of my favorites, because I know all about them, and I can certainly tell these guys about it. That's right, you two are going to face off with the New Extreme Team, in a Ladder Match. See ya later, boys.</p><p> </p><p>

Amy drops the microphone, and walks to the back arm in arm with the New Extreme Team having made her point.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mike Goldberg:</strong> That should be quite a match between these two teams, and you know with the pay-per-view four weeks away, these guys will have a lot to think about between now and then.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Joe Rogan:</strong> Your right about that. Well coming up next we will see the first ever WCW X-Division champion crowned.</p><p>

<strong>Rating and Notes: C-, I guess the product wasn't as good as the anticipation, but Amy Dumas performed well.</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">WCW Thunder Match 3: “The Asian Cowboy” Jimmy Yang vs “Maverick” Matt Bently vs Jerrelle Clark</span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

</span><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Match Notes: Falls Count Anywhere for the WCW X-Division Championship.</span></p><p>

In a very high paced match up, for the first seven to ten minutes at least every superstar in this match had spells of greatness, with Jimmy Yang jumping over the top rope with a corkscrew plancha that took out both Bently and Clark in the process. Yang went for a pin on Bently who kicked out just before the count of three. He tried to pin Clark as well but it only registered a two count. The wrestlers fought their way up the ramp, and in a devastating moment, Matt Bently flipped the charging Jerrelle Clark over his head and off the stage to the equipment area at about the twelve minute mark.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mike Goldberg:</strong> Jerrelle Clark has to be out of it after that.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Joe Rogan:</strong> No kidding Bently just broke that kid in half after that. And Matt Bently is even smiling a little bit.</p><p> </p><p>

The match weighed on as the EMT's attended to Jerrelle Clark. Toward the end of the match we saw “The Asian Cowboy Jimmy Yang” climb up the titantron after nailing Matt Bently with a series of kicks. Bently gets to his feet and Jimmy Yang jumps off and attempts a hurricarana on Matt Bently only to be slammed to stage with a sick looking powerbomb. Maverick Matt covers the broken body of Yang for the three count at the twenty minute mark.</p><p>

<strong>Winner and new X-Division Champion: “Maverick” Matt Bently</strong></p><p><strong>

Rating and Notes: C- rating, I'm seeing a trend here, maybe the other matches weren't as bad as I thought.</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Limo Arrival: Mystery Man Arrives.</span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mike Goldberg:</strong> Who could that be?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Joe Rogan:</strong> No clue, but you can bet that it's one of those mystery workers that signed a written contract with WCW.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating and Notes: C, I guess the crowd didn't dig this scene to much... lets see if we can surprise them by the end of the show.</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Backstage promo: Dave Batista debuts...</span></p><p> </p><p>

Backstage we see Dave Batista standing in front of the camera with the WCW Thunder logo behind him on the wall. The crowd chants “Batista, Batista, Batista,” before he begins to talk,</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Dave Batista:</strong> For the last couple months I've been sitting at home, watching different wrestling shows, getting that itch again. You know that itch you get when you start wanting something. That itch for me was wanting to get back into the ring. Earlier this week, my phone rang, and who was on the other line? None other then Shane McMahon. I figured he was calling about getting me back into his fathers federation. But he assured me, he wasn't calling to please his father. No instead, he wanted to talk to me about getting back in the ring for him. I didn't understand what he meant at first, was it he had a score to settle with someone, did he need some back up? The answer was simply, he wanted to know if I wanted to get into the ring again. After pausing for about three seconds, I said which flight do you need me on? </p><p>

So here I am in Reno, Nevada, and let me tell you this no one, and I mean no one, better stand in my way. But lets face it. <em>~he laughs~</em> Who could? </p><p> </p><p>

Batista walks off screen as “Unleashed” by Saliva hits the Sound System.</p><p>

<strong>Rating and Notes: A*, YEAH BABY... who knew an previously established star would do well on the microphone?! Ah sarcasm, I've missed you.</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">WCW Thunder Match 4: Dave Batista vs Mark Jindrak</span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

Match Notes: Quarterfinals Match in the WCW World Title Tournament Bracket 2.</span></p><p>

In a brawler vs brawler contest, and a battle of strength, both men had an equal chance at winning. Jindrak tried to wear Batista down utilizing submission holds, and a couple high risk moves. But it would be all for naught when Mark Jindrak tried for a crossbody block off the top rope only to have Batista catch him in mid air and slam him hard to the mat with a beautiful looking sit-out sideslam. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Joe Rogan:</strong> Wow, Batista just slammed him with an Emerald Fusion, made famous by the Japanese legend Mitsuharu Misawa.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mike Goldberg:</strong> Mark Jindrak's momentum has hit a brick wall here in the the fourteenth minute of the match.</p><p> </p><p>

Batista goes for the pin, but Jindrak barely kicks out before the referee's hand was down. Batista looks understandably shocked, and stands up, he walks over to the turnbuckle, looking a little winded, and motions for Mark Jindrak to get up. When he does, Batista nearly breaks him in half with a Spear that shook the ring. Batista picks up his fallen opponent and hits the Batista Bomb (SitOut Powerbomb) and transitions to a cover for the three count.</p><p>

<strong>Winner and moving on to the semi-finals of Bracket 2: Dave Batista</strong></p><p><strong>

Rating and Notes: B-, the brawler vs brawler idea worked. Batista stood out as looking good, which is great. </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Hype video: Chris Jericho</span></p><p>

With the match over, and Batista's hand raised, the lights go down in the arena and the lights circle the crowd before directing toward the stage where a video plays hyping Chris Jericho's career so far in the business. It ends with the familiar song “Break The Walls Down” </p><p>

<strong>Rating and Notes: A*, Yup that scene got 'em to their feet.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Worker Debuts: Chris Jericho</span></p><p>

The lights still on the stage, and smoke covering it, we see Chris Jericho with his back towards the ring standing in his famous pose. He turns around as the crowd chants “Y2J, Y2J, Y2J,” as he walks toward the ring. He stops short of the apron and stares at Batista before slowly walking toward the steps and into the ring. Batista stands his ground and Chris Jericho walks up to him till they are face to face. After some thirty seconds of intense stares, Chris Jericho smirks and grabs a microphone.</p><p>

<strong>Rating and Notes: A*, nothing like milking out a segment to improve ratings.</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">In Ring Promo: Chris Jericho talks to Batista.</span></p><p>

<strong>Chris Jericho:</strong> Hey there Dave. How you doing?</p><p> </p><p>

Batista just stares at him.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Chris Jericho:</strong> It's okay don't answer, that was rhetorical. I heard that little thing you said earlier, you know about you and Shane McMahon. Guess what... he called me too. </p><p> </p><p>

The crowd chants “Y2J, Y2J, Y2J.”</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Chris Jericho:</strong> You see, you and me... we are not that different, sure you look like your ready to take a crap when you get mad... ~crowd cheers~ But we are not that different. You see we both had that itch, that itch to get back into this ring, and back to business. Let's face it Batista, I kept myself busy with band Fozzy, but I still had that itch. That moment where I wasn't exactly happy. But guess what Batista... I am now. </p><p> </p><p>

Chris Jericho smiles as the crowd continues to chant “Y2J”</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Chris Jericho:</strong> Now... can I tell you a little secret? I mean... just between the two of us, all these fans, and those watching live on the WCW Website. You know this... tournament that's going on. You know, the one you just competed in, congratulations by the way, beating Mark Jindrak is no easy task, and that move you hit WOW, it hurt just watching on the T.V. back in my limo. Anyway... back to what I was saying... that tournament... guess who you will be facing in the semi-finals in two weeks... me.</p><p> </p><p>

Chris Jericho smiles, and Batista begins to talk.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Batista:</strong> Well there is that possibility I guess now that your in contention... but... see here's the thing, you still have to beat who ever Mick Foley has you face next week.</p><p> </p><p>

Th two stare each other down as the show fades to black.</p><p>

<strong>Rating and Notes: A*, lets see A* promo for Batista, two A* promo's for Jericho, and an A* promo for them both... I'm kinda giddy right now... </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Overall Rating: D</p><p>

Attendance: 7865</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g417/sanityisforbidden/TEWDynasty20052010/WCWAttitude.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="32015" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <strong>Notes from the Head Booker Brian Chambers</strong></p><p> Well... Lets see... um... yeah I messed this one up, see I kind of pre-booked Chris Jericho and Batista for the show, even said “They will both be in appearance tonight... but I sent the flyers out wrong, and the publishers put it as Chris Jericho vs Batista... which totally hurt my show rating when Jericho vs Batista didn't have a match. I... I didn't know what to do. The show was over, we had to get the fans out and take down the set. Lets face it tomorrow they are having a Justin Beiber concert here so they need all the prep time they can get... I wanted to do a dark match but... ****. I'm sorry guys that was a fail. </p><p> </p><p> Something even worse, is I booked the show with too many angles, and the fans started murmuring after the left that they thought this was going to be a different product then what the WWE is doing, but it turned out mostly the same, that's a bit of overlook on my part cause I wanted that last crop of segments to come out just right.</p><p> </p><p> Wow.... Well the good news was 7865 people came to see the show... they enjoyed the promo's... and some of the matches but I kind of let them down... I'm staying out of Reno for a while. </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="32015" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g417/sanityisforbidden/TEWDynasty20052010/WCWThunder.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> According to the WCW Website, Thunder recieved 270,476 different viewers. The chairman of the company, Shane McMahon is quoted as saying "Thank god our servers didn't go down." </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Writers notes: OOC.</p><p> Kind of messed up with my booking there, next show will be better with more matches and less angles. The D rating suprised me. I figured it might of been a C- or C rated show, but ah I guess you live and learn. Next show i'll start using images for matches and segments. Just wanted to get a feel for posting a show without them.</p><p> </p><p> Feedback is welcomed... if not encouraged. When I start doing some advance booking in month two and three I'll start posting prediction sheets and will probably run some contests with them (either monthly in game, or at the pay-per-views each month) with prizes that will allow you to pick a feud, a pay-per-view co main event match, or a worker to hire if he's available. Also at least once an in-game month, I'm going to post a small character bio sheet. Haven't quite figured out how I want to do that yet. My roster's aren't finalized yet so the full roster won't be available till after WCW Face Off at the end of the first month. Thanks for reading.</p><p> </p><p> ***After re-reading the show a few day's later I had some writing vs booking issues (IE things that I completely forgot about). Hopefully my next show will be crisper. I'm thinking it will be up by Monday at the latest.</p>

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g417/sanityisforbidden/TEWDynasty20052010/WCWThunder.jpg

September Week 2, Thursday, 2011

WCW Thunder – Shown on the WCW Website

Live from the The Arena at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada

Results recapped by Brian Chambers.

Pre Show Promo: Luke Robinson

In a very basic promo, Luke Robinson comes out and hypes himself over in front of the fans. Some fans booed him, while the rest really didn't react.

Rating and Notes: D, the crowd really hated Luke on the microphone here.

Pre Show Match 1: Luke Robinson vs Andrew Leavine vs Tristian Gallo

Winner: Andrew Leavine via pinfall, Leavine hit Luke Robinson with a short arm clothesline for the pin at 9:42.

Rating and Notes: E, the only good thing about this match was the announcing and color commentator job.

Match 1: Gunner and Crimson w/ Torrie Wilson vs The Greasers (Cliff Compton and James Griffin (Jim Snuka Jr) ) w/ Stacy Keibler

Winner: Via pinfall Gunner and Crimson. The match ended at 12:48 when Gunner hit the PTSD (Dominator) on James Griffin.

Rating and Notes: C-, the managers did well at ringside for both teams, but the crowd just wasn't really into the match.

Authority Angle: Mick Foley announces the final two matches in the quarterfinals of the World Championship tournament.

Mick Foley comes to the ring and announces the final two matches in the quarterfinals, which are, Carlito vs Rikishi and Christopher Daniels vs Chris Jericho .

Rating and Notes: B-

Match 2: The Edwards Brothers vs The Rock N Rave Infection (Jimmy Rave and Lance Hoyt)

Winner Via pinfall Rick, and Eddie Edwards, The Edwards Brothers. The end came at 7:45 when Rick Edwards hit the Brainbuster on Jimmy Rave

Rating and Notes: C

Arrival: Chris Jericho arrives via limo.

The camera's catch Chris Jericho stepping out of his limo backstage, looking a little pissed off.

Rating and Notes: A*, this segment had to deal with restless crowd.

Match 3: Scotty 2 Hotty vs Ray Gordy vs Jamie Noble

Match Notes: Number 1 Contender to the WCW X-Division title

Winner: Scotty 2 Hotty won via the Too Hot Drop (top rope bulldog) at 11:40.

Rating and Notes: C-, the crowd thought this was a letdown after Chris Jericho arrived. I guess he has that affect on people.

Match 4: Buff Bagwell vs Shane Helms

Match notes: US Title Gauntlet qualifier

Winner: Via pinfall following a Shining Wizard, at 9:31, Shane Helms.

Rating and Notes: C, nothing too special, but the crowd liked the match.

Match 5: Samoan Savages ( Manu (Afa Anoa'i Jr ) and Rosey (Matt Anoa'i) ) vs The New Extreme Team

Winner: The New Extreme Team defeated Samoan Savages in 11:52 when Joel Maximo defeated Manu by pinfall with a their Backbreaker/Leg Drop combo they are calling Extreme Damage.

Rating and Notes: C-, Amy Dumas did some great work at ringside.

Post Match Segment: The Edwards brothers run off The New Extreme Team

Jose and Joel Maximo start beating down on Manu as Rosey tries to regain his senses outside the ring. Before too long the Edwards brothers run out to the ring and slide in causing the New Extreme Team to slide out of the ring. They circle the ring and make their way up the ramp as they stare down the Edwards Brothers.

Rating and Notes: F, again, might have to put these two in a dark match at Face Off since I already booked the match, that I way I can move these guys to bigger and hopefully better things.

Pre Match Entrance Promo: Carlito

Carlito hypes himself as being the next World Champion, and will prove it tonight when he beats Rikishi easily.

Rating and Notes: C-, Carlito came out of this looking good. Would have been a better segment if it wasn't for the previous one.

Match 6: Carlito vs Rikishi

Quarterfinals for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship Tournament Bracket 1

Winner: Rikishi defeated Carlito in 14:36 by pinfall with a Kishi Driver.

Rating and Notes: C Rikishi was running on fumes by the end of this match.

Backstage promo: Chris Jericho hypes his match against Christopher Daniels.

Chris Jericho is backstage tearing into Christopher Daniels, and Mick Foley for not telling him his opponent sooner. Chris Jericho says Daniels is just a roadblock in his way to becoming the WCW Champion.

Rating and Notes: B+, Chris Jericho really shined in this segment.

Match 7: Chris Jericho vs Christopher Daniels

Quarterfinals for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship Tournament Bracket 2

Winner[b/]: In a match where Daniels dominated through out the match, Chris Jericho was able to defeat Christopher Daniels at the 11:09 mark when he had a handful of tights after he managed to slip out of the Angel Wings and turn it into a rollup pin.

Rating and Notes: B, These two didn't seem to click, which brought the rating down. The Announcing Job by Mike Goldberg wasn't up to par with the match.

Overall Rating: C+

Attendance: 5705

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g417/sanityisforbidden/TEWDynasty20052010/TheUCbanner.jpg

The Unlocked Chamber by Brian Chambers

My thoughts on the last episode of Thunder are much happier then the one the previous week had. Let's face it the week before I was flustered, overjoyed, and some what erratic in my booking of the show. This time I nailed down what the fans wanted to see in terms of how many matches there were, and how many promo's there were. I'm very happy with how the show came out.

Joel Maximo isn't getting over as much as I would like, which is hurting the tag team feud. I've already talked with Shane McMahon, and he agrees so next week on Thunder we will see The New Extreme Team taking on the Edwards Brothers for the Tag Team Championships. For those of you who are thinking "Well, what's going to happen to their match you booked for "Face Off"?" I have made the decision to still have that match at Face Off, but it will not be featured on the pay-per-view. You might ask "But why not feature your tag team championships on screen during the pay-per-view?" Unfortunately I believe these two teams still need time to build, and the lack luster performances in their promo's show that. The matches are okay, but they need to work on their performances before I consider giving them some pay-per-view time.

I just got news in that we had 349 thousand viewers watching WCW Thunder via the website. That is a great number and up nearly 80 thousand viewers from the previous week. So thank you to all those who told your friends and family members to tune in. I hope they were not disappointed.

Also on this coming episode of Thunder we will see both quarter final matches of the WCW World Heavyweight Championship Tournament. Bracket 1 will see Brock Lesnar squaring off against Rikishi, and Bracket 2 will see Chris Jericho square off against Dave Batista. The winners of each match will head to Face Off to face each other for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. I have placed a poll on the WCW Website asking for your predictions as to who you think will move on in the tournament. Also feel free to vote in the poll about the New Extreme Team vs The Edwards Brothers for the WCW Tag Team Championships.

On Thunder we saw Shane Helms beat Buff Bagwell in a qualifier for the Gauntlet to the Gold US Championship Match at Face Off. On this weeks episode of Thunder we will see four more superstars trying to qualify as "Wild Cat" Chris Harris takes on the One World Warrior" Low Ki. In the second qualification match we will see Kid Kash facing Joe Anoa'i who had a great showing a week ago before the first episode of Thunder. So vote on the polls and send your predictions in.

Till the next time, thank you for reading "The Unlocked Chamber,"

Brian Chambers

Prediction sheet

Chris Jericho vs Dave Batista

Brock Lesnar vs Rikishi

The New Extreme Team vs The Edwards Brothers

Chris Harris vs Low Ki

Kid Kash vs Joe Anoa'i

• 3 weeks later...

Dynasties are tough to do. I'm toying with an AAA one, but i'm lazy and just taking my time with it.

What you have here is pretty good. Enough detail in the matches so as not to go overboard and you do the after show write ups, those are always fun to read. When you get set to hit 2010 and do a dynasty, i'll be reading. Good luck with it.

Archived