Division 2 Football

Dunk44

is here! All 148 teams are included. 15 Divisions and conferences. Real Helmets and logos. Color schemes should be correct, or very close anyway. Very few stadium names are correct, that information has been hard to find, and stadium seating has been adjusted to 25000. The Harlon Hill award is edited in, along with other great names from D2 history to make up the rest of the awards. I have simmed a few seasons and everything seems to work good. Hasn't crashed once. :) I have renamed the pstats.dat file to pstatsD2.dat, so you will have to rename it to pstats.dat if you want to use it. I didn't want anyone to download this and mess up any editing they have done to their files.

[QUOTE=Twincitiesfan]This is great, very nice work on the pstats file and thank you! - Any updates on how well this pstats file has been working? - Does anyone know if this file will have to be updated with Arlie releasing the latest patch? D2 fan![/QUOTE] What parts do you think will need updating due to the latest patch? It is a good question, I am just wondering what you think might be affected.

Yeah, I do intend to do that in a future update. Right now I'm hoping to get in a season or two of D2 football!!! I also want to get all the correct stadium names in and the fields correct. Would be nice to get the rivalrys set up as real life also, as is now they are mostly guesses.

I am currently working on a Word document that will accurately list all D2 school locations, stadium names, and capacities. Dunk44 - send me your email address by PM and I will send you the file once it is finished. Let me know if you need another document with mascots and colors. It's been hard enough to find stadium names and capacities, I don't know about finding rivalries. (Some of these schools have really crappy websites.)

A couple of things, Texas A&M Kingsville (Which I renamed to it's original name, Texas A&I; I alway hated the way A&M renamed all the universities in its system to Texas A&M-city name here) is closer of corpus christi (in psetup already). Also, the lone star conference is not playing a conference schedule. Not sure if this is true for everyone or not.

Hmmm, I played as Panhandle State, so I'm not sure about the Lone Star Conference. I'm over half done with researching the real cities, stadium names, and seating capacities. I'll just host the word document here so Dunk44 can get it when he comes back. He's probably too busy playing right now.

[QUOTE=MirageAg99]A couple of things, Texas A&M Kingsville (Which I renamed to it's original name, Texas A&I; I alway hated the way A&M renamed all the universities in its system to Texas A&M-city name here) is closer of corpus christi (in psetup already). Also, the lone star conference is not playing a conference schedule. Not sure if this is true for everyone or not.[/QUOTE] Theres the problem, ya should be playing in the MIAA. :D I'll take a look at the LSC and see if I've overlooked something. I know the MIAA is playing a conference schedule since thats what I always use, I guess the others I didn't check alot. Yeah I'm sure there are several schools that are closer to another city in the game than what I put them in as. I started to go team by team but it soon became almost painful, so I decided atleast they would be in the correct states/region.

Here is a word document with the correct city names, stadiums, and seating capacities. I would mod the files myself, but I do not have MS Access. I hope that these are useful and maybe save some time. There were a few pieces of info that I could not track down: Assumption - field name (I have Assumption Field?) Benedict - field name (I have Leroy Walker Stadium?) Lane - T.R. White Sportsplex seating capacity (I have 2,000, but this is a guess based on the fact that it is shared with local high schools) Winona State - Maxwell Field seating capacity (I have 5,000, but this is not confirmed) Lincoln - Dwight T. Reed Stadium capacity (I have no idea what this is)

No problem. I'm a schoolteacher that's slightly obsessive / compulsive so I had the time and once I started it was hard to stop. My wife found my strange obsession with compiling the list for the last two days a little odd as well. I just tell her "I could always be doing something a lot worse on the internet".

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I am not certain if this should be posted here or in the support section... Cool mod, but I cannot get it to finish the first season. Whenever I finish the games for week 16, the conference championships, the following happens: 1) The Bowl Bound Progress Box appears (so far, so good) 2) It starts ranking teams, but when it gets to about 2 percent, I get a RTE 91 message, Object variable or With Block variable not set. 3) After hanging on the RTE message box for a short while, the game shuts down and I get sent back to my desktop. Any help or advice? The only mod I am running is the Division II mod. Thanks.

Whoops, I found the problem--in the initial league set-up, I forgot to choose playoff system instead of bowl system. When I tried another season with the Division II mod and "playoff system" chosen, everything went well. I'll leave these posts up in case anyone makes the same mistake I did.

• 1 month later...
I will be doing another version shortly after 1.1 is released. There are issues in this D2 file with some conferences having to many teams so they are not playing a conference schedule. I have fixed this and played 4 or 5 seasons and everything was going well until a RTE killed the dynasty. Since then I haven't got back into the game. In the file I have been using all stadiums and sizes are correct, bout the only thing that needs to be completed are the actual cities names in the setup. I think the playoff system is working pretty well now, I have each conference winner going to the playoffs, and the top 3 or 4 teams of each conference going to a bowl game, I just wish I could figure out how to make the Championship game be at Florence each season, as of now it rotates between 4 of the larger d2 stadiums. Not sure what you have found with the NE10, post or PM me and I'll fix what you have found. Not sure about the psetup file, its been awhile since I edited this stuff.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
It seems Dunk hasn't been around since 2-2008 .... I am working on updating this with the hopes of starting a D2 on-line league in the next couple of weeks. More info here [url]http://www.bigleaguesports.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1800[/url]

Archived