1975 NCAA File on the way

I'm about halfway through building a file based on NCAA Div 1 as it was in 1975. I hope to have it out this weekend. Hardest part is finding info on schools that no longer have football programs, so I make it up best I can and maybe someone somewhere can tell the rest of us things like what stadium did Cal State Long Beach play in and what was the capacity.

[QUOTE='[Icy]']Why that year? just curious as it's the year i was born :)[/QUOTE]Because it's before the NCAA when hog wild on restricting Div 1 eligibility, it's way before megaconferences, it's before bowl sponsorship deals and affiliations like the number 8 Big 10 playing the number 5 Conference USA, and it's when I was young and learned to love the game and how it was then is how I think of college football. So the Missouri Valley Conference will be reborn, the Big 12 will have 8, the Big 10 really will be 10, Penn State's biggest game will be against a much better Pitt program, and the Citrus Bowl will actually be named for a specific fruit, not just a generic grouping of fruit.

I've created 1983. However, are you having issues proceeding to bowls and having rivals on the schedule? I'll have missing rivals even though I added them on the PSTAT and I get RTE 91 when advancing to bowls. How did you get around these issues?

[QUOTE=MitchG]I've created 1983. However, are you having issues proceeding to bowls and having rivals on the schedule? I'll have missing rivals even though I added them on the PSTAT and I get RTE 91 when advancing to bowls. How did you get around these issues?[/QUOTE]You're farther along than me. I can't get a league generated. I suspect it's somehow related to the fact I had to add 13 teams to the league and added several new conferences. Something in there isn't working out right.

[QUOTE=GridironGamer]How awesome. But let me get this straight, you are getting the actual rosters from '75? Or just creating an NCAA as it was then? So OU will be a Wishbone team? Man the possibilities are endless. :)[/QUOTE]I wish I could set philosophies, but I don't think it's possible. My initial intent was to create the NCAA as it was for a PSTAT file. So basically re-aligning the conferences and adding a whole lot of teams that were Div1 back then that aren't now and tweaking prestige points to put them in line with how good teams were then (sorry Miami and FSU fans, but your teams sucked then). I built all the conferences and added 12-15 new teams (Ivy League included) and such but it's just not working when the league builder starts to build players. I get the run time 91 error when it hits 6 percent of player building. So I'm going to take a step back and modify the conferences with current teams to keep the same conference affiliations, but not with all those extra teams. Although I may add the Ivy League back in because it's an easy build. And then I also changed the bowl system to have the 11 games they had in 75, but also added a couple more so that each conference got to host a bowl game. And I killed the whole BCS concept by disabling those. It's going to be a compromise now. Sigh.

I'm not building player files, just a pstat file building the structure of the NCAA according to what it was in 1975. Not sure I'll get it done exactly like I wanted it though. I built a file based on schools today arranged in conferences from 75 and it works fine. Every time I add new schools it screws the pooch with runtime errors. It appears other people have been able to add more schools, just wonder what the heck they did to make it work.

Archived