Mortal Kombat

Mortal Kombat

Played around with the demo a little yesterday and after learning what I need to know decided to just focus on working on this mod. This will definitely be ready for release when the actually game comes out. I will actually try to get it up before so people can look at it and tell me if anything needs to be changed whether it’s a flaw or just opinions. Here’s what I have so far.

Alternates: 6

Areas: 1

Characters: 72+ (The number will grow some. Expect between 75-90 at release)

Dimension: 1

Locations: 7

Relationships: ? I won’t start working on this till I have characters finalized

Teams: 8

Timeframes: 1

Unfortunately even though Adam added 3 Areas he only has one actually playable right now so I don’t know how travel works from area to area. Eventually I would like to have all the realms be areas and then actually have the Locations be either States and/or Countries. The two reason I have it like that now is

1. I don’t know how travel works between areas and MK characters seem to travel from realm to realm like we do from country to country. So without knowing what restrictions that would put on characters this is the best option.

2. Given how small this mod is with only 72 characters with a max of 90 I don’t see a need for a huge game area. It would end up that you won’t see many people around. In fact I’m a little worried that with their being 7 areas already that it might water down the game by splitting up to many characters. I’ve set the pulls high on 2 or 3 main locations so if after testing it’s not enough action I’ll just reduce it to the 2 or 3 main realms and leave each player to turn the other realms on as active.

If any of you have already played around with the area travel I would love a quick explanation of how it works and the limitations.

Surely you don't need to populate all the realms though? That's why a lot of them are pretty useless and will only use minor characters, even the Elder Gods, especially as they don't really fight.

I would just take Netherrealm, Outworld and Earth. With requirements to get into Netherrealm and Outworld and requirements to get into Earth for Shao Khan and stuff, then in the in game editor or something, remove the requirements for getting into Earth for Shao Kahn and such so the invasion happens.

I don't know a lot about the ATD but I'm sure there's ways to make it all work.

Many of the worlds have restrictions on them. There really isn't any for Earth yet. I don't see a way to switch requirements during the game. Not sure if anyone else's editors were different but I only have 8 options and none of them cover events. If any of you know how to do that please let me know. I would love to be able to add events. I've seen people talk about it but haven't seen a way to make it work in the editor.

• 2 weeks later...
So I realized I haven't been on the site in awhile. I've actually totally given up playing the game. Got boring really fast to me. Started a custom character from the bottom rungs and after it being really tedious and have no real story or point I quickly bought Skyrim and between playing Skyrim and beta testing Star Wars and waiting on its release I don't ever see me coming back to this game. If someone would like to finish this mod I'd be happy to sent it to them. It has all the pictures and character and worlds set up. All it needs is character stats and relationship.

Archived