OK, I finally have gotten around to playing a season. I got to recruiting and find that there are only 33 recruits in the entire state of Tennessee and everyone of them play defense. Not one player from Tennessee plays offense(Maybe this is why Tennessee couldn't move the ball this year :D ) Anyway is this the issue that Arlie is working on when he list recruit distribution by state on the patch list? There should be enough recruits in every state that if I only want to recruit that state then I should be able to. Even if the players are not very good at least I should be able to get all my players from one state if I want to.

I agree to a certain extent! I'm in my 3rd season as coach of my beloved Cowboys from Wyoming, and still I haven't found a single recruit from Wyoming, or West Virginia for that matter. Arlie said that it was kind of like rivals database were there were only a small amount of recruits from each of those 2 states. I still notice that there are a number of recruits from Montana (0 D1 schools) Vermont (0 D1 schools), New Hampshire (0 D1 schools) Maine (0 D1 shools) Alaska (0 D1 schools). I don't want 20 or 30 recruits from Wyoming but maybe a half dozen or so each year would be nice.

Tim, I saw that thread where Arlie is making some adjustments to the recruits. My main concern here is not with the number of recruits from Tennessee but the fact that all of them play defense. There was not one recruit listed that didn't play defense. Is that part of what is being fixed?

Archived