Age Of Apocalypse

I'm gonna do my best to work on this, and seeing as it's only a handful of characters in this Universe, it hopefully will not take long. I'm not great with stats, but thanks to Hive, I may have a better idea of how it will all work.

Looking to see if anyone would like to help.

Update:

ATD Done:

(Earth-Age Of Apocalypse-Earth-295)

10 Locations Added:

Asia [Non-Visitable]

Avalon [safe Haven][Jungle]

Europe [Home To High Human Council] [Modern Urban]

Japan [Non-Visitable]

The Atrocity Zone [Non-Visitable]

The Badlands [Rural]

The Realm Of Apocalypse [Apocalyptic]

The Realm Of Holocaust [Apocalyptic]

The Realm Of Mikhail [Gothic Urban]

The Sinister Realm [Modern Urban]

8 Teams:

Apocalypse & The Horseman

X-Men

X-Ternals

X-Terminated

Starjammers

Imperial Guard

Marauders

Sinister Six

Cool stuff, I plan on adding AoA to my own 1991 mod as well. In fact, it's very high on my list along with The Exiles. Love that stuff! :)

I'd advice you to hunt down pictures from the time to give it a 90's feel for the mod.

I agree, the manga-style drawings they switched to when AoA came along is part of what made the arc so special and a great way to differentiate the characters a bit from their Earth-616 counterparts.

I had a look at your locations, we should probably talk about that... I'm doing it in a totally different way. You have locations for different lairs and stuff but also group entire countries as one location...

I have locations like "New York", "The Savage Land", "Tokyo", "The Moon" and such...

Not saying my version is better, but we should find a common ground. I'm open for a discussion. :)

I like that, but in the Marvel wiki, they only have it broken down into the regions I have. Honestly, we could go your way and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest! Avalon = Savage Land of the time, and then each 'realm' covers a large portion of the states.

I could do each realms Capital as the location instead. Like I said, going your way wouldn't bother me.

I like that, but in the Marvel wiki, they only have it broken down into the regions I have. Honestly, we could go your way and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest! Avalon = Savage Land of the time, and then each 'realm' covers a large portion of the states.

I could do each realms Capital as the location instead. Like I said, going your way wouldn't bother me.

I started using this system due to it being the system Ryland seemed to use in the default database. And because I felt it made sense as well.

I did consider, like you, doing seperate locations for major bases like Xavier's mansion, The Baxter Building, etc - but ultimately decided that it would leave me with way too many locations with way too few inhabitants in each.

alright, easy enough to change it over to your system. but at the same time, with the way the world seems stretched and not much in the way of named villains, it might be more beneficial to have two playable areas, in U.S.A, & Europe only. This way everything really isn't spread out. Also, unless I add Shadow King in and some type of minions, Avalon would be HUGELY unbalanced.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Earth_295

This is the link to the history of the AoA, and where I was basing locations off of.

Just wanna hear your thoughts before I go switch it over :)

alright, easy enough to change it over to your system. but at the same time, with the way the world seems stretched and not much in the way of named villains, it might be more beneficial to have two playable areas, in U.S.A, & Europe only. This way everything really isn't spread out. Also, unless I add Shadow King in and some type of minions, Avalon would be HUGELY unbalanced.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Earth_295

This is the link to the history of the AoA, and where I was basing locations off of.

Just wanna hear your thoughts before I go switch it over :)

Well maybe we see AoA differently... I personally don't see AoA as necessarily having to be a playable world in itself, but more as a companion piece to the "real" world. So to me, it wouldn't matter much if there's only 3-4 big locations with people in them. But seeing as how your initial idea was to do it as a standalone mod, I can certainly understand what you're saying. :)

I don't personally see it as a problem that one location has more villains than heroes or vice versa, as such locations could function as "do you dare to visit here and risk getting kicked" kind of places. Nor do I personally see a problem with not all locations being huge ones with necessarily 20+ characters. I like variation.

But yeah basically, I just think it would be cool to say eg. San Francisco instead of Realm of Holocaust. After all, maybe ingame you manage to take Holocaust out and replace him? Then it wouldn't be his realm anymore. It would be the Realm of DeadCeleb! :)

fair enough. now i'm stumped. they are re-writing the history of the AoA.

X-23 is there, and many other changes based on Uncanny X-Force heading into AoA. Do I go with 1991 AoA, or mixture of old and new?!

Alright, so I'm doing it San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Dallas, London & Avalon

X-23 is there, and many other changes based on Uncanny X-Force heading into AoA. Do I go with 1991 AoA, or mixture of old and new?!

I'm pretty much handling the "future" very selectively: characters I like may be included as "hiatus" or similar while characters i strongly dislike (such as that dude with the pet leeches, forgot his name) will be completely ignored. I'm personally undecided on X-23 yet, but as a guideline I'd say the "original" AoA.

alright, so marvel wiki is out for research, because it also has all the changes that the 2005 version of AoA in it retro-fitted to 'work'

How about we include the retcon changes that involves characters that already existed in the Marvel universe back then, and (for the time being) ignore those regarding characters that only existed later on?

Yeah, we can definitely do that. I'm about to grab all the '95 version AoA comics so I know the base of what I'm looking at completely. Then can work from there with the retcon. 47 comics of research here i come!

Actually looking forward to it. Probably gonna look for the '05 version of AoA as well to read for later research lol.

Archived