Freedom Force Mod

Edit: Download links : Data Pics

I've been working on an add-on for the default database using the Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich videogame characters.

I do not intend to make a self-sufficient mod but to make something to be used with the default data to increase the variety of characters available.

The mod is pretty much done except for some balance tweaking, the addition of dialogues and of some more henchmens.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/936/ffexample.jpg

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Anotu" data-cite="Anotu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="32893" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wow, can't wait to try that one out. Big fan of Freedom Force!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Same here, I loved those games.</p>

<p>Only thing left to do is including the dialogues and some rebalancing. After that, it will just be a matter of users adjusting the mod as they see fit.</p><p>

Concerning the dialogues, I've checked the different FF fan site that I know of but have not been able to find a faq containing quotes from the characters. </p><p>

Does anyone know where I might find something like that or will I have to replay the games ?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="glsix" data-cite="glsix" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="32893" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Only thing left to do is including the dialogues and some rebalancing. After that, it will just be a matter of users adjusting the mod as they see fit.<p> Concerning the dialogues, I've checked the different FF fan site that I know of but have not been able to find a faq containing quotes from the characters. </p><p> Does anyone know where I might find something like that or will I have to replay the games ?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Unless the sound files are easily found in .wav format or something, you'll probably have to replay the game. Alternately you could find a playthrough of the game on youtube or such, I am certain there are some here or there.</p>

<p>Blackjack & the rest are in the mod but I won't be adding a different timeline, with the actual system it wouldn't be populated enough to make things interesting.</p><p>

This mod is just adding characters & their respective teams/relationships/alternates/comics covers to the default database. There's not enough characters (especially villains) in the Freedom Force games to make an independant one.</p><p>

In the mod, I have 23 heroes against 22 villains (including the minions).</p><p>

I'm using it by creating merging the default data with this one in a new database. It's just to add some variety.</p><p> </p><p>

As a reference, here's a list of the included characters (* for evil characters):</p><p>

AlcheMiss (& Enthropy via an alternate)</p><p>

BlackJack</p><p>

BlackBird</p><p>

*Blitzkrieg</p><p>

Bullet</p><p>

*Centurions</p><p>

*Dark Shamans</p><p>

*DejaVu</p><p>

*Dominion Warriors</p><p>

El Diablo</p><p>

Eve</p><p>

*Eyes of the Reich</p><p>

*Fire Elemental</p><p>

*Fortissimo</p><p>

*Frost Warriors</p><p>

Green Genie</p><p>

*Green Sylph</p><p>

*Ice Queen</p><p>

Iron Ox</p><p>

*Kill-A-Rilla</p><p>

Law & Order (using the alternate system)</p><p>

Liberty Lad</p><p>

*Lord Dominion</p><p>

Man O'War</p><p>

Manbot</p><p>

Mentor</p><p>

Microwave (+ evil version via alternate)</p><p>

Minute Man</p><p>

*Mr Mechanical</p><p>

*Nuclear Winter (giant version via alternate)</p><p>

*Pan</p><p>

*Pinstripe</p><p>

Quetzalcoatl</p><p>

*Red Oktober</p><p>

*Red Sun</p><p>

Sea Urchin</p><p>

*Shadow</p><p>

*Shurale</p><p>

Sky King</p><p>

Super Collider</p><p>

The Ant</p><p>

The Bard</p><p>

*TimeMaster</p><p>

Tombstone</p><p>

Tricolour</p>

<p>Sorry for the double post, the edit button doesn't seem to work for me yet.</p><p> </p><p>

@pantaloons: thanks for the link.</p><p> </p><p>

@Anotu: actually, even if replaying the game is always a pleasure, I think I could use the modding tools made available by Irrational Games to check the dialogue of each characters. I'll try that tomorrow as it's getting late here in Belgium.</p>

Which version of the game do you have? If you're looking for dialogue references of the characters, I would look in the captions.txt file found in the Data-->Lang-->English folder. Here is an example of what the speech commands look like: SPEECH_MM_ALERT_04, neutral, look sharp, team!

"MM" stands for the speech ID of the character (in this case, Minute Man), "ALERT" stands for when the character uses the speech (ATTACK, PAIN, KNOCKED OUT are other examples), and "04" just stands for the number of the audio file (Minute Man has more than one ALERT speech). "Look sharp, team!" is the phrase that Minute Man uses. If you have FFEDIT (available in the Mod Tools), you can use it to look up the characters to see which speech ID they have been assigned.

The actual audio files are found in the Data--> sounds--> speech--> english folder. The example above is using the MMAL04.mp3 file (Minute Man, Alert, 04).

If these folders aren't visible, you may have to unzip the .ff files in your Data folder. You can just change them to a zip file and unzip them or open them with your unzipping program.

Hopefully, you've visited Freedom Reborn (It seems I can't post links here. PM me if you'd like it). It's a great forum with a lot of very helpful people. Heck, we still create stuff for a game that's almost 8 years old (6 years for the sequel). Let me know if I can be of any more help.

<p>Was quite a long time since I've modded Freedom Force (both games) and I didn't remember where the quotes where.</p><p>

Using captions.txt should speed up the process of writing the dialogues quite a lot.</p><p>

Regarding Freedom Reborn, I know & am registered on the forum, haven't posted there since a couple of years but I'm still visiting it from time to time.</p><p>

Thks for the help.</p>

Since I won't be able to work on this for at least a week, I've decided to upload the database and pics as they are now.

The only missing things are the dialogues and they're may be some balance issue.

Data

Pics

To install, copy the pictures folders called Comics, Full & Mini to the default pics folder of your game.

Install the database as normal and merge it with the default data (or import the data into an already existing savegame).

This is not meant to be used as a standalone mod, not enough villains in the Freedom Force games for that.

• 1 year later...

Archived