Your Favorite X-mas Tradition

Tara Clover

when i was growing up, my Parents (well dad actually) woke us up between midnight and 3 a.m. each year on Christmas morning so that we could begin our day. Something like this. . . My dad would run through the house shouting, "Kids get up because Santa is here!" "Let's go! and Hurry! if you wanna see st. nick with his tiny reindeer." So, out of our beds we'd all jump -- and what to our wondering eyes would appear? Not one damn thing, year after year! ;-) I did not spy Santa. It was an exhausting tradition, yet, I'm so happy to have shared it with my family. Atliy turns three on Xmas eve. We don't really have our own tradition yet. I was curious as to what kind of traditions other families share.

For the last 7 years, I have read "Twas the night before Christmas" to my kids on Christmas eve. This year, with our new addition, it will be more special. My wife and daughter's (7, 5, and now, 2 months) have all asked me if I would read it again this year. That is definately one of the MANY perks about being a dad.

For the last few years we've watched [url=http://imdb.com/title/tt0110538/]Mixed Nuts[/url] on Christmas Eve, but it's definitely not tradition, yet. Growing up, we always went to a family party with my father's family and we'd be bored to tears. Then we'd leave there and go to a family party with my mother's family and it'd be tons of fun. My grandfather would dress up as Santa and they'd give each of the young kids one small gift. Lots of food and laughter and stuff. I absolutely love Christmas, but we don't really have any rich traditions. I just love doing it every year :D brad

My wife and I were talking about starting a tradition with my 2 year old son this year. We can’t really think of anything. I was thinking about going sledding at about 8 in the morning but that is not something that could be done every year because there might not be snow on the ground on Christmas Day. My son wants to push the Christmas tree over; maybe we should just let him on Christmas day. That would be fun. But the water clean up wouldn’t be.

Archived