Amalgam Mod

I'm working on one that takes a bit of all the heroes/villains from a variety of sources and combines them in a balance similar to the default universe. I have a fairly even split of DC & Marvel. I've also mixed in a Champions Online city with heroes and villains, another including those from the "Mighty Crusaders" line, and one based off superhero novels.

I've combined the last part to include a city (Devil's Cape) that includes characters from the Devil's Cape novel (Epic by the way) as well as Ex-Heroes and the short story collection "Masked" (The A to Z universe of the big superhero company is a great source for continuing the adventures of some great characters).

Anyone who had planned (or has done) any graphics work for books like Ex-Heroes and Devil's Cape...please let me know. Thanks

I've played a bunch of Grey Dog games for years and never felt compelled to get an account for the forums until now, just so I can say how awesome it is that you're doing a mod with Devil's Cape and Ex-Heros. My first thought when they announced the game was that I wanted to mod Devil's Cape. I actually thought an entire superhero lit mod might work (add in Soon I Will Be Invincible; After the Golden Age; In Hero Years . . . I'm Dead; Other People's Heroes; Nobody Gets the Girl; Wearing the Cape/Villains, Inc., etc). Some of the novels are good, some are crap, but there's tons of material there for fun locations in a mod. The problem, as you suggest, is a lack of artwork. I've done some digging for images to use for it and not found much. Rob Rogers has a couple on his own website (one of Dr. Camelot -- daughter, not father -- and one of Bedlam) that someone at Hero Machine made for him. But that's all I've been able to find. I think the images for the remaining characters may have to be built from scratch. If you don't mind my asking: are you planning to have all of the Cirque d'Obscurite alive and active at the start of the mod? While I'm asking questions: are you planning to incorporate any of the developments from Ex-Patriots in the Ex-Heroes location(s) -- eg., Peasy or Legion?; will you create Captain Freedom and his squad of super soldiers? I'll keep looking for artwork, and if I find any I will pass it along.

Thanks for the interest. I'm including some these characters into one "city" a la Devil's Cape. Obviously, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to say Mighty Dragon and Stealth showed up in Devil's Cape one day, so the idea is to throw together some characters that already have great stories and let people run with them.

The thing I love about CBH is that it's a sandbox for people to create their own stories. This isn't so much of a mod that would actually follow the books, as it is a way to bring those heroes together and let each person further mod things to create their own universe. It won't be a full on mod of the Marvel or DC universes (or even a combination of them), rather bits and pieces that I wanted to include.

I have not read Ex-Patriots yet, so there won't be anything there. But it will include some people that I found interesting. Cairax has all the makings of a great bad guy, despite that fact that he's now a dead undead.

City breakdown so far:

Boom Town - "New York City"

Heroes:

Thing

Mr. Fantastic

Iron Man

Invisible Woman

Wasp

Scarlet Witch

She-Hulk

Captain America

Vision

Thor

Hank Pym

Human Torch

Wildcard:

Hulk

Villains:

Dr. Doom

Baron Zemo

Ultron

Kang

Enchantress

Moonstone

Radioactive Man

Goliath

Absorbing Man

Tiger Shark

Klaw

Wrecker

Bulldozer

Piledriver

Thunderball

Whirlwind

Graviton

Titania

Suggestions? Again, this won't match up to a lot of the work going into some of the great Marvel/DC mods, but I'm trying to balance gameplay and put some of my fav characters in the games. But then again, I haven't been a faithful comic follower in awhile, so the storylines are going to up to the individual gameplayer.

San Habberson - "Millenium City"

Heroes:

Defender

Ironclad

Kinetik

Sapphire

Witchcraft

Anti-Heroes:

Nighthawk

Nightwind

Icestar

Radion

Villains:

Grond

Takofanes

Kigatilik

Red Dawn

Double Dealer

Rakshasa

Menton

Sickle

Steel Commando

Armadillo

Black Ice

Mind Slayer

Captain Claw

Doctor Destroyer

Foxbat

Gigaton

Nimbus

Ripper

Hammer

The Wastelands - "Devil's Cape"

Heroes:

Argonaut

Dr. Camelot

Bedlam

Mighty Dragon

Stealth

?????

Anti-Hero:

Atomahawk

Wildcard:

Scion

Retaliator

Villains:

Cirque D' Obscurite

The Robber Baron

Rusalka

Cairax

Professor Hell

Dr. Stangeface

Max the Knife

Gunslinger

Dirty Bomb

Thunderhead

King Ogre

Ordinary Man

Razorheart (hero in the story in "Masked")

Bad Moon

Gravesmith

The Jolly Rogers

???? (group)

Possible factions: Law Legion, Cryptera, Storm Raiders (still working it out)

Archived