World Heroes - First Release

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i372/AKImeru/Mechasteiner.jpg

Hello there, long time no see!

I bring to you the first release to World Heroes - A mod of misc. characters!

Inspired by the incredible crayon's TEW "Over 9000" mod, I decided to create a mod that is all about heroes created around the world. Not focusing on who published them, or even if they were created by foreigners. The ideai is to make a humorous mod that poses the question: What if this so different characters shared a world together?

What's in it on this release?

Currently there are just 2 game areas, Mexico City and Washington DC. In Mexico, you will find several Luchadores the archetypical mexican hero, human, vunerable, facing the occult and crime with his fists and wrestling moves. You will also find the cast of El Chavol del Ocho, a popular Mexican TV show. Because of a database problem, fan favorites like Don Ramon and El Chapulin will have to wait until next release to be in. Sorry.

In Washington, the user will find the characters of the sleeper comic hit "Project Superpowers" in which classic golden age heroes are transported to current Day America were the governement is being controlled by the shadows by villans. In fact the current american president is a super villain!

Through out the mod there are also several "wanderers", like Rasslor, Mecha Steiner, the Shockmaster and The Governator. These characters are "filler" but they can also be fun to interact with!

What's on next release?

Finish Mexico (There is about 3 heroes that I want to add), create Sternbild City from the anime series "Tiger & Bunny", add Tokyo and several crazy Japanese super heroes characters (one of them is in crayon's forum avatar) as well add a chinese area, Beijing, with a mix of heroes created by the chinese and foreigners (I can confirm the Great Ten and their villains from Grant Morrison fame)

What's the goal?

This is my personal "let's have fun!" project, so I'm always striving to add more stuff. Want a series in? Just ask on this thread and I might consider! Cuts are welcome! if you provide me with a cut, I can get your character into this no problem. Just one rule: No hero machine or similars. You also will realize there is about 86 characters in the mod - This is very little. I just wanted to share with you guys the start before I return to work hard on it in the next months, plus maybe you can give me some feedback.

Several and I do mean several cuts from the Project Superpowers down right SUCK. I really need to scan my comics and rip them straight from there. I'm so lazy though :p .

Credits

Mr. Tricky and YBDynamo (if I'm forgetting someone please let me know!)

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511431

Respect and worship these men as your rightful gods! I've used several of their cuts. I also did some cuts on my on, but I don't claim ownership to them, use those as you please.

Download

https://rapidshare.com/files/226849936/WorldHeroes.rar

SECOND VERSION

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i372/AKImeru/Bunny.png

Pictures: http://www.4shared.com/rar/yvVzBzZM/WorldHeroes_2.html?

Data: http://www.4shared.com/rar/TSCCV2mv/World-heroes.html?l

What is on this new version?

Tiger & Bunny characters! Sternbild City and all of it's mysteries are in.

Rio de Janeiro and Brazilian heroes! Combat eco terrorists as Judoka, Capitão 7 or other iconic and forgotten heroes.

Beijing! Can you overcome the challenge? A area with few heroes but filled with villains!

New York! Marvelous characters make their debut, perfect for the beginner who only gets their super hero comics from Marvel itself.

Wolrd Heroes! Characters from the series "World Heroes" of fighting games make their debut as villains and wild cards to boost the villany up.

Misc workers! Lu Bu, King Leo and several others join the fray on the weirdest crossover to date!

Download now! It has 200 characters to boot!

STEALTH UPDATE: You'll probably notice a couple new areas and characters. I lost the 0.2 version, all I have is the most recent one. In other news, after a small detour in TEW 2013, I'll continue working on this mod. Next update is Space Goodness, Super Sentai and the end of Marvel additions! If you wish a particular Sentai group or Marvel hero/villain in the game, feel free to ask for it on the comments, I'll add it up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just wanted to thank you for your work here. I've been offline for a while, so sorry I couldn't post.

The detail is amazing and professional. Consider this positive feedback and encouragement. Thanks for actually taking the time to complete a fun working mod without any hype or excuses. Thanks for not complaining about version 1 of CBH or its "limitations". Thanks for seeing a project through and making it a fun game and hobby for yourself and me.

As far as the lack of replies: so goes the world of Greydog forum groupthink.

Just wanted to thank you for your work here. I've been offline for a while, so sorry I couldn't post.

The detail is amazing and professional. Consider this positive feedback and encouragement. Thanks for actually taking the time to complete a fun working mod without any hype or excuses. Thanks for not complaining about version 1 of CBH or its "limitations". Thanks for seeing a project through and making it a fun game and hobby for yourself and me.

As far as the lack of replies: so goes the world of Greydog forum groupthink.

I work slowly because I do modding for fun, and for myself. I kinda have to no :p? Not many people talking about the game right now.

I thank you your kind words, I feel it could be way more professional that it is, since I didn't finish New York and there was several other ideas I wanted to implement. But as it is, now it's a playable mod. Maybe in a couple months I'll add new areas. I want to add some European regions as well some space bound characters.

Thanks Ockbald! It's good to know that there are still modders out there. Actually gives me hope to start making my own mod.

Making mods is fun! And playing something outside the Default data is always cool. Go for it man.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

At one point, I had the Kamen Rider W city up with all heroes and most villains added, a very populated Tokyo, a really expanded New York and I was moving to work on space when I lost the data.

Perhaps I could try adding some "Kamen Rider" cities (Sawazane City, the Windy City, that one specific Drive city) just for fun, to try to get my groove back.

Maybe a smaller update will be posted later this month, just to show some Christmas love to CBH.

Archived