World Level Wrestling or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

I must say that I am pleased with the reception our show received. Not only was Power and Glory a greater success than Everything That Goes With It taken as a whole, but there are a few points that I feel ought to be examined a slight bit more closely:

• We proved, or I prove, that World Level Wrestling can have angles outside the ring that are as competent as those within the ring. I hope this brings more faith to our product.
  • With that said, I am slightly frightened that the only way we will be able to keep our angles on the level of our matches is by only showcasing our top talent-that is, Emerald Angel and Magnum Kobe. I will seek to prove this false; I am unsure as to whether or not that will be at Fame & Fortune, which is in two days.
  • Magnum Kobe vs. Koki Ishibashi, while a phenomenal match, lost its way for a moment near the middle. This might raise some concern about the quality of reign Kobe could have; I want to assure everyone that this was a fluke performane. Recall that Kobe still holds the best match in the promotion to date, and is close in third with the aforementioned bout with Ishibashi. I have no qualms looking forward to the inevitable Angel/Kobe match in two days' time.

Tomorrow I will speak on the future plans I see happening in the company; this is both to entertain our fans and to give the peopel who still doubt my credibility a reason to re-analyze their opinion of me.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As to the main component of World Level Wrestling's future, I believe the conclusion of the Magnum Kobe/Emerald Angel match will most shape the company.

Kobe could keep his title, or Angel regains it. These two scenarios have quite different futures:

If Kobe wins, he will have proven that beating Emerald Angel was not a fluke; furthermore, the rematch that Angel was allotted will have been a waste, and Angel will not have another shot at the title any time soon. I expect Kobe to have a match against Koji Kojima, as he is the only member of Def-REALM yet to face him. I am unsure whether or not that will be for the title. I doubt Kobe will want to "lower" himself to Black House Nation or The New Circle of Blood for our next few tours.

This means that the next challenders to Kobe's title will likely be from outside the company. They will be on tours or talent trades, wrestlers that have proven themselves elsewhere and will need an opportunity to challenge our top competition. With the right workers, I expect Kobe to be pleased to defend his title and show himself superior to all other companies.

As for Angel in this scenario, he, as head of Def-REALM, will have fallen from the top of the promotion. It is possible he would face off against Silver Shark, the only member of Red Guild he has yet to face, but given the dominance Kobe will have shown, I doubt this to be the case.

An interesting hypothesis would be that Emerald Angel restarts his partnership with Hell Monkey. Their tag team was, and is, fearsome. Def-REALM could set its sights on taking out Black House Nation, namely by removing Black House from the title picture. I do have to say that the prospect of Above and Below as champions is exciting.

But what if Emerald Angel wins the Universal Title?

We then switch sides; Kobe will have lost the rematch without earning one himself; with no defenses to his name, he essentially interrupted the reign of Emerald Angel. I expect Kobe to slip down the card, relegating himself to the co-main event rather than his guaranteed last match that he has had thus far.

His next target probably will not be Koji Kojima, as Def-REALM will be the dominant promotion and thus Kobe would not want to face someone who likely would be able to beat him. I imagine Kobe might take out his frustration on The 505, perhaps starting with The Tic.

With Angel, sadly, the tag team ranks will likely not see him too much. Dropping a division, so to speak, to tag with Hell Monkey does not fit a Universal Champion. I imagine Angel too would want to have talent outisde our company to fight, if he himself does not chooose to face The 505. As has been noted, much of that stable is of a high caliber of worker; facing off against American Elemental, against Hell Monkey even, might be fun for Angel; I am not sure if Emerald Angel wants to have "fun," but in imagining the future, that is certainly a possibility.

I am not certain if either of those futures will actualize, but I do know that Fame & Fortune is already shaping to be a monumental event; aside from the title match, I am most pleased to inform you that Greg Gauge, son of Sam Keith, has agreed to join our company. His debut will be at our first major event; his opponent has yet to be decided.

WORLD LEVEL WRESTLING FAME & FORTUNE 2010

World Level Universal Championship

Magnum Kobe vs. Emerald Angel

Kobe beat Angel to end the star's third reign with the title and begin his first. Since then, Red Guild have followed their leader to great prominence, threatening to dissolve Def-REALM. Angel stands defiant against Kobe, his goal to wrest back his championship and continue to prove why he is the greatest high flier in the world.

World Level Tag Team Championship

Kazuma Narato and Mokuami Maita vs. Rhino Umaga and Samoan Machine

Samoan Destruction Inc. have yet to prove themselves in World Level Wrestling, yet their showcases outside the company give them plenty of reason to demand respect. Black House has recently defeated many of the more well-established teams in WLW, so it is possible they took on the new-to-WLW team as an opportunity to prove their worth. That, or as some say, they felt the newcomers were unproven and, thereby, an easy victory.

Passing the Torch

Takayuji Avatar vs. Koji Kojima

There is no animosity between the old and new owners, yet the question has been raised as to which is the better wrestler. Each was reluctant to settle things in the ring, but after pressure, they agreed to a duel at Fame & Fortune.

Veteran's Showcase

Dark Eagle vs. Yosuke Narita vs. The Great Hisato vs. Junnosuke Fukazawa

Four of the company's oldest wrestlers, two of opposing stables. This match might lack some of the anticipation and flair of the other bouts, but every member of this fight has been forged by time to become excellent performers and steady hands. The victor, and all participants, will prove the reason why experience merits respect and why they still deserve positions on the roster.

World Level Tap Out Championship

Nichiren Amagawa vs. Amane Shunsen

Amagawa has gained a great deal of notoriety amongst his peers for being given his Tap Out shot so early in his career. Amane Shunsen, meanwhile, has spent over a decade wrestling and proving himself. He is, in effect, a spiritual offering of the roster toward defeating the unqualified upstart. Nichiren has the skill to beat Shunsen, but will Amane's experience find any youthful weaknesses?

Introduction of the Legend

Cique Jr. vs. Greg Gauge

Cique Jr. is currently on loan from MPWF. He has shown himself, through what little we have seen in WLW, to be an almost unparalleled performer. We certainly hope to hire him either on a long-term deal or, at the very least, to get him in a loan yet again. On the opposite site, Greg Gauge has caused something of a stir by claiming he is superior to everyone in the company. He chose Cique Jr. as his whetting stone because, in his words, "There's only room for one chosen son in the company." We wish Cique Jr. the best, as he has a formidable opponent to overcome.

WLW Fame & Fortune

Wednesday 2, January, 2010

2,000 people in Miyagi Athletic Field, Tohoku

Opening the show for the live audience, Takayuki Avatar, new owner of World Level Wrestling, comes onto the stage. He begins to speak, but Magnum Kobe soon follows him, taking the microphone.

Kobe: Look, kid, I get it. You want the spotlight shining on the new thing, the new owner, the new guy on the block. Thing is, and I mean this with all due respect, no one really cares.

The crowd seems to disagree.

Kobe: Hear me out: as this "owner," have you done anything worth noting? Had a good match, can't take that away from you, and you've given me the opportunity to shine. I thank you. But beyond what I would hope is standard fare for the course...you're a nobody. Nothing's changed.

Kobe steps in front of the frowning owner, then walks forward, overshadowing the moment.

Kobe: Now you want to talk young and new, look no further. Magnum Kobe, World Level Wrestling Universal Champion. And I'm just 25. 25! Some people might have just debuted a couple years ago and I'm already at the top of the company. Even for the worst of careers, I'd have another 5 or so years at the top of my game. And I've already outgrown this company, just about. So let's get Emerald Angel out here, get him done, and...hey, there are probably a few more people I should take out before I seek other employment.

Angel, to a nice pop from the crowd, now enters from backstage. He approaches Kobe from his right while Avatar crosses back on the left.

Angel: You called?

Kobe: You want to start this now? I'll wrestle you all night if that's how it has to be. But I don't think you want to do that.

Angel: I could, but you're right; I don't.

Kobe: Coward.

Angel: I think all the people here would like to see a few more matches than just some hour long domination of me over you.

The two approach, nose-to-nose, as the crowd eats the tension up. Avatar still stays back, unsure if he needs to break up what could become a fight.

Then, new music. Music that hasn't been heard in a few years. To a surprising ovation, Sensational Ogiwara steps from the curtain and the men turn to look at her as she steps forward.

Ogiwara: You are the main event. You will respect that honor. There is no fighting until the bell rings. Backstage, now.

Unexpected from Kobe, he does respect the absolute legend and acquiesces. Angel soon follows with a slight nod, and Avatar is left to applaud the legend, who bows and waves to the crowd as the show can begin properly.

~

Taka: A rare sight from the legend, Sensational Ogiwara, to warm up the fans.

Isei: Her matches are classics; I think tapes will still be traded of hers for decades to come. And Magnum Kobe here joining us in the third chair now.

Kobe: That's about the only person that I'll listen to, so don't think about trying that crap with me.

Taka: Wasn't going to. But since you're here, care to give us your thoughts on this matchup?

Kobe: Who is it, Amagawa and Shunsen?

Isei: No, first is Cique Jr. taking on Greg Gauge.

Kobe: Gauge is the son of Sam Keith. Pretty sure he's got this one, Kajiwara.

Taka: An understandable opinion, especially since you two seem to think alike.

Kobe: What does that mean?

Taka: For all his talent, Gauge has come off a bit arrogant.

Kobe: He's talented. He can be arrogant.

Isei: Against one of the most professional men in lucha libre, Cique Jr., many would say it's bad form to talk him down. But Greg starts the match off in that style, slaying verbally the painted star.

Taka: You have to think Cique's going to snap and take the advantage.

Kobe: Or...he'll just take it and not retaliate.

Isei: A slap to the face of Cique Jr. stops Gauge's tirade; waiting for a response, Greg slaps Cique Jr. again.

Taka: What's wrong with that guy?

Kobe: Doesn't have the fight in him.

Isei: A third blow is blocked! Cique's on the offensive now, turning into an armdrag.

Kobe: Now we're fighting.

Isei: A blistering pace now that the match is truly underway, Cique trying to neutralize any offense Greg can put forth.

Taka: It's not working, though; Gauge is too limber to stay on the ground, and a knee to the head knocks Jr. dizzy.

Kobe: A german suplex? Nice; don't see one of those too often in Tohoku.

Isei: Not enough to put the luchadore away, but it looks like Gauge is having a much easier time keeping his opponent down than the reverse scenario.

Taka: The kid's good.

Kobe: Maybe too good.

Taka: But I don't know if I'd want him as champ.

Isei: And just like that, Proton Lock for the submission in a dominant, impressive win from the rookie son.

Kobe: He'll be one to watch; I'd say everyone but me is on notice.

Taka: Great...

Isei: Now we have Shunsen vs. Amagawa, Kobe.

Kobe: I forgot that first match, but Greg did a good job of making me remember him. I think Nichiren's going to do the same.

Taka: Absolutely not. I don't care how good of a technician he is, Amane Shunsen has almost wrestled longer than he's been alive.

Isei: A point to either side, then, as we begin the match. Standard collar-and-elbow, transitioning to a hammerlock for the champion.

Kobe: A submission match like this favors the champion; Amane's an all-round wrestler, but his strength-if you can call it that-really is just in his performance. I'm great at everything.

Taka: We know.

Kobe: Just checking.

Isei: Shunsen grounding Amagawa with a clothesline; that can't be the best idea this early in the match.

Taka: A counter for his efforts; bodyscissors on Shunsen. A bit uncharacteristically, though, Amagawa brings him to his feet.

Kobe: What the...what was that move?

Isei: My best guess would be something like a "Fisherman's DDT;" not quite elevated enough to be a fisherman buster, but I think Shunsen's out of it.

Taka: There's the Amagawa Total Lock...and there's the tapout.

Kobe: I told you he'd win it, but that wasn't an easy fight for him. Might have to borrow that DDT, though...

Isei: Next up is a much-anticipated match: Black House vs. the newcomers, Samoan Destruction Inc.

Taka: Oh. I'm not sure I want to be this close to the ring.

Kobe: Afraid, Taka?

Taka: I saw a match where they grabbed a guy from the apron and suplexed him through the announce desk. Yes, I am afraid.

Isei: A brutal start as Samoan Machine looks at his brother, nods, and they lariat Black House off their feet!

Taka: I can't bet on the champs in this one...

Kobe: Good. I want them gone.

Taka: But with the way Samoan Machine is handling Maita, how can you be so sure you won't be next?

Kobe: I'm winning my match. I'm not going into the tag title hunt.

Taka: Leaving that for Eagle and Shark. Nice.

WLW Fame & Fortune

Wednesday 2, January, 2010

2,000 people in Miyagi Athletic Field, Tohoku

Opening the show for the live audience, Takayuki Avatar, new owner of World Level Wrestling, comes onto the stage. He begins to speak, but Magnum Kobe soon follows him, taking the microphone.

Kobe: Look, kid, I get it. You want the spotlight shining on the new thing, the new owner, the new guy on the block. Thing is, and I mean this with all due respect, no one really cares.

The crowd seems to disagree.

Kobe: Hear me out: as this "owner," have you done anything worth noting? Had a good match, can't take that away from you, and you've given me the opportunity to shine. I thank you. But beyond what I would hope is standard fare for the course...you're a nobody. Nothing's changed.

Kobe steps in front of the frowning owner, then walks forward, overshadowing the moment.

Kobe: Now you want to talk young and new, look no further. Magnum Kobe, World Level Wrestling Universal Champion. And I'm just 25. 25! Some people might have just debuted a couple years ago and I'm already at the top of the company. Even for the worst of careers, I'd have another 5 or so years at the top of my game. And I've already outgrown this company, just about. So let's get Emerald Angel out here, get him done, and...hey, there are probably a few more people I should take out before I seek other employment.

Angel, to a nice pop from the crowd, now enters from backstage. He approaches Kobe from his right while Avatar crosses back on the left.

Angel: You called?

Kobe: You want to start this now? I'll wrestle you all night if that's how it has to be. But I don't think you want to do that.

Angel: I could, but you're right; I don't.

Kobe: Coward.

Angel: I think all the people here would like to see a few more matches than just some hour long domination of me over you.

The two approach, nose-to-nose, as the crowd eats the tension up. Avatar still stays back, unsure if he needs to break up what could become a fight.

Then, new music. Music that hasn't been heard in a few years. To a surprising ovation, Sensational Ogiwara steps from the curtain and the men turn to look at her as she steps forward.

Ogiwara: You are the main event. You will respect that honor. There is no fighting until the bell rings. Backstage, now.

Unexpected from Kobe, he does respect the absolute legend and acquiesces. Angel soon follows with a slight nod, and Avatar is left to applaud the legend, who bows and waves to the crowd as the show can begin properly.

~

Taka: A rare sight from the legend, Sensational Ogiwara, to warm up the fans.

Isei: Her matches are classics; I think tapes will still be traded of hers for decades to come. And Magnum Kobe here joining us in the third chair now.

Kobe: That's about the only person that I'll listen to, so don't think about trying that crap with me.

Taka: Wasn't going to. But since you're here, care to give us your thoughts on this matchup?

Kobe: Who is it, Amagawa and Shunsen?

Isei: No, first is Cique Jr. taking on Greg Gauge.

Kobe: Gauge is the son of Sam Keith. Pretty sure he's got this one, Kajiwara.

Taka: An understandable opinion, especially since you two seem to think alike.

Kobe: What does that mean?

Taka: For all his talent, Gauge has come off a bit arrogant.

Kobe: He's talented. He can be arrogant.

Isei: Against one of the most professional men in lucha libre, Cique Jr., many would say it's bad form to talk him down. But Greg starts the match off in that style, slaying verbally the painted star.

Taka: You have to think Cique's going to snap and take the advantage.

Kobe: Or...he'll just take it and not retaliate.

Isei: A slap to the face of Cique Jr. stops Gauge's tirade; waiting for a response, Greg slaps Cique Jr. again.

Taka: What's wrong with that guy?

Kobe: Doesn't have the fight in him.

Isei: A third blow is blocked! Cique's on the offensive now, turning into an armdrag.

Kobe: Now we're fighting.

Isei: A blistering pace now that the match is truly underway, Cique trying to neutralize any offense Greg can put forth.

Taka: It's not working, though; Gauge is too limber to stay on the ground, and a knee to the head knocks Jr. dizzy.

Kobe: A german suplex? Nice; don't see one of those too often in Tohoku.

Isei: Not enough to put the luchadore away, but it looks like Gauge is having a much easier time keeping his opponent down than the reverse scenario.

Taka: The kid's good.

Kobe: Maybe too good.

Taka: But I don't know if I'd want him as champ.

Isei: And just like that, Proton Lock for the submission in a dominant, impressive win from the rookie son.

Kobe: He'll be one to watch; I'd say everyone but me is on notice.

Taka: Great...

Isei: Now we have Shunsen vs. Amagawa, Kobe.

Kobe: I forgot that first match, but Greg did a good job of making me remember him. I think Nichiren's going to do the same.

Taka: Absolutely not. I don't care how good of a technician he is, Amane Shunsen has almost wrestled longer than he's been alive.

Isei: A point to either side, then, as we begin the match. Standard collar-and-elbow, transitioning to a hammerlock for the champion.

Kobe: A submission match like this favors the champion; Amane's an all-round wrestler, but his strength-if you can call it that-really is just in his performance. I'm great at everything.

Taka: We know.

Kobe: Just checking.

Isei: Shunsen grounding Amagawa with a clothesline; that can't be the best idea this early in the match.

Taka: A counter for his efforts; bodyscissors on Shunsen. A bit uncharacteristically, though, Amagawa brings him to his feet.

Kobe: What the...what was that move?

Isei: My best guess would be something like a "Fisherman's DDT;" not quite elevated enough to be a fisherman buster, but I think Shunsen's out of it.

Taka: There's the Amagawa Total Lock...and there's the tapout.

Kobe: I told you he'd win it, but that wasn't an easy fight for him. Might have to borrow that DDT, though...

Isei: Next up is a much-anticipated match: Black House vs. the newcomers, Samoan Destruction Inc.

Taka: Oh. I'm not sure I want to be this close to the ring.

Kobe: Afraid, Taka?

Taka: I saw a match where they grabbed a guy from the apron and suplexed him through the announce desk. Yes, I am afraid.

Isei: A brutal start as Samoan Machine looks at his brother, nods, and they lariat Black House off their feet!

Taka: I can't bet on the champs in this one...

Kobe: Good. I want them gone.

Taka: But with the way Samoan Machine is handling Maita, how can you be so sure you won't be next?

Kobe: I'm winning my match. I'm not going into the tag title hunt.

Taka: Leaving that for Eagle and Shark. Nice.

Isei: The champions aren't out of it yet; it might be hard for them to take on Rhino Umaga one-on-one, but Narato's been making a good strategy of tagging out quickly and setting off a sharp double-team in the corner.

Kobe: Only lasts so long before you get caught.

Taka: Rhino Charge! I'm not sure if Maita will be able to walk out of here!

Isei: With Samoan Machine daring Narato to break the pinfall...Samoan Destruction Inc. are our new champions!

Kobe: Yeah, Silver Shark's probably got his work cut out for him. Well, we'll work that out later.

Taka: Here's an opportunity to talk with Dark Eagle; he's making his way to the ring now to beat The Great Hisato, Junnosuke Fukazawa, and Yosuke Narita if you're so confident in his abilities.

Kobe: I am, and I'm counting that as a vote of confidence.

Isei: Each of these men are true veterans of the ring; though Fukazawa hasn't spent much time in WLW, he still has, like all the others, over a decade experience working in the ring.

Kobe: Truth be told, I'm content to just sit back and watch it happen.

Taka: Like you did last time Eagle wrestled?

Kobe: No, I mean I get to see four veterans try to eliminate each other. This match isn't going to be short, and I'm sure there's something in there I can learn.

Isei: Because any one pinfall doesn't end it, Narita and Fukazawa are unlikely to be interrupted as they square off in the opening minutes.

Kobe: Leaving, of course, Red Guild to eliminate Def-REALM.

Taka: Like in our main event?

Kobe: Right.

Taka: Well, you might want to take another look, then; Hisato seems to have a slight advantage on Eagle with that roaring elbow.

Isei: One might be able to explain the relative calm between our duos as an old-school influence. Narita has his sights set on one opponent and eliminating that opponent; similarly, Eagle and Hisato have a strong incentive to eliminate ach other before trying to assault the other members in the fight.

Kobe: A nice head scissors from Narita onto Fukazawa, who's rolling out of the ring. I'd usually say it's a goodo idea to take a breather, but a match like this has too many people to get away from them all.

Taka: And, since this is elimination style, no one's going to interrupt the action.

Isei: Suicide plancha! Narita slams Fukazawa into the barricade!

Taka: That's...one of the more flashy ways of doing it, I guess.

Isei: A whip into the ropes from Hisato, who looks for the back body drop on the rebound-

Kobe: -and that is how you counter it.

Taka: Hisato's probably got a broken nose off that knee; I think we have our first elimination.

Isei: No! He kicks out at two, keeping him in the fight. Meanwhile, Fukazawa's been rolled back into the ring, and he also kicks out of the pin.

Taka: But Narita's going to the top rope...

Kobe: Here's where Dark Eagle could cause a lot of damage, but I think he'll-

Taka: -Moonsault! Narita's going for the pin-

Isei: Junnosuke Fukazawa is the first man eliminated in the match. The three men now take a corner, no one standing as the aggressor.

Kobe: Make the right decision, Narita...

Isei: Yosuke Narita makes the "wrong" choice, I imagine, by uniting with The Great Hisato to strike Dark Eagle into the corner.

Taka: Still want to sit back and watch the match?

Kobe: If I didn't think Eagle could win this, he wouldn't be part of Red Guild.

Isei: Eagle does push off Hisato, now facing our most decorated wrestler in the corner.

Taka: The Great Hisato shows some intelligence by letting them fight it out for awhile, though he does have to dodge Narita flying by from a hiptoss.

Kobe: That's what I told you; Eagle has this one under control.

Taka: Eagle now squaring up to Hisato; this might break down in a moment.

Kobe: Focus, Eagle...focus...

Isei: Rollup on Dark Eagle from Yosuke Narita, ut a kickout just after one. Things do look to break down as all three men start firing forearms at each other. Narita looks to take the worst of it, and he goes down.

Taka: Both Eagle and Hisato go for the pin; I think they forgot it's elimination style.

Kobe: No, they wanted to show who's the better man. But Eagle does the right thing and lets Hisato get the pinfall. Now we're in a duel.

Isei: Eagle's gotten a bit better of Hisato so far, but it's still an even match as they lockup again.

Taka: A go-behind from Hisato leads to a takedown; headlock on Eagle.

Isei: Some knees to the head; looks like he's loosening him up for a submission or a big move. Back to their feet, and it's a standstill again.

Taka: Hisato tries to land a DDT, but it's blocked by Eagle who counters with a Northern Lights suplex!

Isei: A long two-count, but still no victory from Eagle.

Kobe: 450 Splash! Now that is Red Guild in action.

Isei: And he does, in fact, win. Solid prediction from our Universal Champion.

Taka: We move forward, though, and on to the semi-main event. The clash of owners, Takayuki Avatar against Koji Kojima.

Kobe: I suppose I should relax until we get to the real match that matters. It's going to be awhile before either one puts the other away.

Taka: I think both men in the ring want to prove something about their wrestling ability.

Isei: That might be true, but a hanshake starts off the match; there's no animosity between Avatar and Kojima.

Taka: Hit for hit they go, and neither one is giving an inch.

Isei: No big moves this early; haven't seen any suplexes or slams yet. Koji's still feeling out the newcomer.

Kobe: A legsweep takes him down, though. Surprising; thought our owner was better than that.

Taka: Regardless, Koji works over Avatar's arm, pulling on a chickenwing to torque out the shoulder.

Isei: Takayuki rolls out and lands a roundhouse to the head, putting Kojima down. Pace is picking up here as he works on a grounded chinlock.

Kobe: Neither of them got what it takes to be champion. They don't hae the drive to win.

Taka: Of course they want to win! What is that supposed to mean?

Kobe: They aren't pushing the pace. Got your opponent down, get them in a real hold. None of that wearing down nonsense; go for the win. If he reverses it or something, at least you've done something major to mess with their gameplan. Way it's going, best thing either has done is that springboard crossbody Kojima landed, and that was a couple minutes ago.

Isei: Coincidentally, Avatar takes an opportunity to slam Kojima and pop on an armbar; this could end it here.

Taka: Kojima breaks the hold by getting to the ropes. Doesn't get a chance to breathe, though, because a clothesline takes everyone out of the ring.

Isei: Avatar's up first, and he takes some time to work on the legs of Kojima, a leglock variant as the referee reachs a count of 4.

Kobe: Not sure if the Koji Klutch is going to get displayed here; Avatar's got a solid lead in damage.

Taka: But time's running out, and...it's a double countout.

Isei: I'd say that was a miscommunication, but the ref's count was clear. I expected better out of the two.

Kobe: Well, just wait a second and we'll see a real match.

Taka: Kobe and Angel for the title next, but...Mr. Miwa coming to join us. Great.

Miwa: Kajiwara.

Taka: Miwa.

Isei: Ladder match for the Universal Championship; we see the title hanging up in the middle of the ring. I see three ladders outside the ring and there are sure to be plenty under it.

Miwa: Magnum Kobe's going to retain. Easy match, easy victory. Angel's going to go for something stupid off the top, avoided, match over.

Taka: That's why Angel's such a great high flyer. He never analyzes the situation and always takes needless risks.

Miwa: Glad you agree.

Taka: I'm carving "best friend who knew sarcasm" on your gravestone.

Isei: A staredown starts things off, and Kobe seems to be mocking the mask of Emerald Angel.

Taka: Forearm! Angel takes it to the champion, backing him into the corner with a flurry of strikes.

Isei:Kobe drops down, under the ropes, and hangs Angel on the top rope. He then starts to grab a ladder.

Miwa: It's a little early for that, since-

Taka: Moonsault press off the turnbuckle! Onto the ladder and Kobe, there's...I don't know who's getting up after that.

Miwa: I was wrong. Wasn't too early to wipe out everyone, since that takes us back to square one. Just with a lot more damage.

Isei: Picking themselves back up after that moonsault press, neither man has had a solid opportunity to get up the ladder. Kobe's gotten about halfway, but Angel pulled him off and hit a side Russian Legsweep to keep him down.

Taka: It's odd, actually, that both men are having this much trouble. With only two people in the ring, you just have to keep one man down and climb the ladder.

Miwa: Since your match experience is specialized in ladders, right?

Taka: ...anyway, the fact is that Angel has plenty of flashy moves to keep Magnum Kobe down, and Kobe has a wide array of techniques to flatten the Angel.

Isei: Speaking of Angel, he's set two ladders up near the ring, and appears to be...bridging a third ladder on top of them?

Miwa: What in the world is he doing?

Taka: Kobe's taking the opportunity to get a ladder settled in the center of the ring, and he looks to be climbing up it.

Isei: Angel now standing on top of his ladder structure in the middle. Facing the ring-

Taka: -no-

Isei: -is he measuring Kobe from 15 feet away?

Miwa: Oh...my...well, that was a beautiful spinning dropkick.

Taka: To the ladder in the middle of the ring! Angel's out of it!

Isei: Kobe's also on his back, but he's nowhere near as much damaged as what Emerald Angel just did. From the top of the ladder, essentially, outside to inside the ring, knocking down the ladder Kobe was climbing.

Taka: Why would he do that?

Miwa: Kobe's stirring, and it looks like he has an opportunity to finish this right now.

Taka: The ladder is righted, steadied...Angel hasn't move at all.

Isei: And the champion retains off of what looked like a foolish attempt from Emerald Angel to stop him.

Miwa: And Kobe gets a microphone.

Emerald Angel is stretchered from the ring. Magnum Kobe holds the belt high in one hand as he leans against the ring ropes.

Kobe: This...this is it! Red Guild wins!

The crowd appears to be none too pleased, but there's still an overwhelming excitement from the crazy spot late in the match.

Kobe: I told you I would win, I told you I would keep this belt, and now...no more, Emerald Angel. No more title shots for you. And none of Def-REALM get anywhere near me. I've beaten the best you had to offer, I've proven I'm at the top of this company, so nobody, nobody is the contender for my belt. You want a shot?

Kobe points to the belt.

Kobe: Earn it. It's going to take more than any of you have in your bodies or minds to make me even think about putting the title on the line. But who am I to stop you from being a fool? I'm champion, and this show is over.

Kobe continues celebrating in the ring for a few minutes, then the post-show begins.

~

Hidekazu wins an entertaining 25-man rumble after buzzsaw kicking Stuart Ferdinand, dizzying him. Then 'kazu springboarded off the side ropes and roundhouse kicked Ferdinand over the ropes and out of the ring.

Now that was a show. I want to first get out of the way two minor problems we had:

1. We did not sell out, as reported earlier. We were about 300 people short of that goal. Saddening, as I expected our Medium-sized show in a hotbed arena would have easily hit 2,000.
  2. The main event did have a bit of a lack of flow to it.

Aside from that, let's look at the data:

• Our non-match segments were fantastic. Slightly overshadowed by our best matches, but certainly in their league.
  • The undercard built toward a strong finish.
  • We elevated Greg Gauge, a future star.
  • A title change occurred, making the tag scene unpredictable and opening plenty of stories.
  • We broke our record for the best match of the year (admittedly we are still quite early). It was my draw with Kojima; I'm hoping that someone else soon takes this honor, as I do not want to be seen preferring myself over others.
  • The main event delivered.
  • We also broke our record for the most well-received show.

Aside from a few troubling contract offers for our workers, nothing has gone poorly so far. I am pleased with Fame & Fortune and excited at the prospects of the future.

Speaking of the future, I have already detailed what could happen if Kobe retained, which he did. I meantioned in my list that with new tag champions we have new stories. I imagine that The 505 will be making a resurgence; they've been important in the tours, yet they were absent from our bigger event. In the next month I hope to change that. Expect to see the tag scene unite new pairings and test some of our rookies. It should, also, elevate those who have the in-ring skills to climb our ladder.

WLW Everything That Goes With It

World Level Tag Team Titles

Rhino Umaga and Samoan Destruction Inc. vs. Koji Kojima and Koki Ishibashi vs. Emerald Angel and Hell Monkey

World Level Streetfighting Title

Insane Machine vs. Greg Gauge

Shingen Miyazaki vs. Acid vs. Junnosuke Fukazawa vs. Yosuke Narita

Panda Mask II and Beetle Kimura vs. Dragon del Arco Iris Jr. and Champagne Lover vs. Masked Cougar and Snap Dragon vs. Masakazu Kaima and Frankie Perez

Mr. Lucha III vs. Davis Wayne Newton vs. Amane Shunsen vs. Extraordinario Jr.

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/5/14411370968.jpg

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/5/14411382261.jpg

DVD Extra Disc: Behind the Curtain

So why did you decide to take Masakazu Kaima "under your wing?"

Junnosuke: I'm already almost a decade past my clear prime. I still have the ability to perform; I don't plan on stepping out of the ring yet, but I need to look to the future.

So that's why you took a protege, but why him?

Junnosuke: Kaima has solid fundamentals and looks to become far more entertaining than I have ever been capable of being. True, our styles are different, and he is on the other side of retiring. But beyond him being what I saw as a capable rookie, it's that I saw a drive in him.

But he's not someone we would typify as "driven." Clarify, please.

Junnosuke: Certainly: He already has a burgeoning tag team in his native Hinote Dojo-we have Kaima for a tour currently. He's shown himself to be generally pleasant outside the ring, but with a bit more of a personality than the typical class-act-which, of course, does seem to include myself. So I saw him as a person who wants to direct his future and succeed; if I can help him, then my life will have meaning beyond my career.

I hope ou will continue to wrestle for years to come, and also that Kaima will have great success in his.

Junnosuke: Me as well. Thank you.

<p>WLW Everything That Goes With It</p><p>

Friday 2, January, 2010</p><p>

300 people in Hall of Nagahama, Kinki</p><p> </p><p>

</p><ul><li>It is announced that Merle O'Curle will be substituting in for Champagne Lover in the tag team match.<br /></li><li>Hidekazu wins a pre-show 15-man battle royal, just outlasting Stuart Ferdinand.</li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p>

~</p><p> </p><p>

<em>A new presentation format for the World Level Wrestling DVDs:</em></p><p><em>

Each match has its own chapter, with highlights of the show being presented as a half-hour exhibition.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Our first match is Greg Gauge versus Insane Machine for the World Level Streetfighting Title. Of notable influence in this match is the fluidity in the two men's ringwork; Machine is determined to keep his title, and Gauge is ready to counter every effort to get knocked out.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

A quick finish is found from a blind Termination Kick, leaving the son of Sam Keith down in the middle of the ring for an easy pin and retainment.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

The next match is a four-way assault between Mr. Lucha III, Davis Wayne Newton, Amane Shunsen, and Extraordinario Jr. Shunsen takes the forefront in directing action, facing the other three competitors in turn to try to neutralize their abilities. A lot of legsweeps in the match from Amane.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Mr. Lucha III hit a springboard hurricanrana for a two count on Extraordinario Jr., who replies with a spinning headscissors that takes Lucha out of the ring. Shunsen ends it with a small package on DWN.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

A tag team showcase is next, with HEROES and The Lords of Xtreme being the two recognized participants against Kaima and Perez and Arco Iris Jr. and O'Curle. HEROES has an obvious advantage from experience; the Lords just can't quite find the right timing with each other.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Iris Jr. loses for his team fairly early after a moonsault from Snap Dragon; Masakazu Kaima is seen being hit with a Beetle Kimura lariat; Perez takes the fall for his team; Panda Mask II wins it for his side.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Shingen Miyazaki, Acid, Junnosuke Fukazawa, and Yosuke Narita each receive a nice video introduction for the highlights of their match. Acid looks particularly dangerous as a silent antagonist in the coming ladder match.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

An Acid Rain Bomb to the outside, hitting the other three men, is likely the main talking point of this match; Narita hits a corkscrew plancha later on to wipeout the flashy star. Miyazaki and Fukazawa trade in some chain wrestling to wear each other out, but again this is broken by the more aerial-minded wrestlers. It takes great effort, but Shingen Miyazaki climbs the ladder and obtains the contract for a later title shot.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

The main event tag match between Samoan Destruction Inc., Unity Two, and Above & Below is next. Particular attention is paid to Umaga and Machine's rampage on the independent circuit and some brief footage of their GCG work; Emerald Angel's loss to Magnum Kobe at Fame & Fortune is also shown.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Unity Two actually are eliminated fairly early in the match to a tandem spike piledriver from Samoan Destruction Inc. This leaves an immense high flier and a tough junior wrestler to battle the relative heavyweights.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Highlights include a myriad of Angel's dives, Hellfire kicks to both Samoan Machine and Rhino Umaga, along with the match ending spear to Hell Monkey.</em></p><p> </p><p>

~</p><p> </p><p>

</p><ul><li>Magnum Kobe makes an illustrious display of his retained belt. Takayuki Avatar attempts to get Kobe to show some humility. He gets beaten in the head by the champion for the trouble.<br /></li></ul><p></p>

WLW PRAISE TO THE KING

World Level Show Stealer Title

Hell Monkey vs. The Great Hisato

Emerald Angel vs. Takayuki Avatar

World Level Tag Team Title

Samoan Destruction Inc. vs. Acid Dragon

Magnum Kobe vs. Junnosuke Fukazawa

We plan on making the matches for this show somewhat longer than what has been presented previously; the reasons for this:

Magnum Kobe deserves the utmost respect now that he has definitively proven himself worthy of being the Universal Champion. While many believe a victory over Junnosuke Fukazawa to be all but certain, we want to prepare for the chance that our champion chooses to show off in the match, taking time to pin his opponent. If Fukazawa does gain a victory that night, it is also predicted that he will have to fight through quite some time of reserves of the champion.

As for the tag team championship match, it is true that Acid Dragon had a chance at the titles when Black House was the champion. Now that we see a change in ownership, the titles are to be defended against what has been voted as the most prominent force in the middle of our company. I am certain that other teams will feel anger over this decision; it is their discretion whether or not to be featured on our next show so as to prove themselves worthy of championship opportunities.

Emerald Angel has perhaps the most high-profile match of the night; however, he is still only a former champion. In the aftermath of his loss, Angel faces a brilliant challenger; beating the new owner will solidify Angel's place as a threat to any wrestler foolish enough to challenge him. Given the owner's recent display of form, however, the greatest high flier in the world will need to overcome his lagging momentum to have a chance at victory.

Hell Monkey has become a talking point amongst many of our fans; the acquisition of him into The 505 has increased their stock vastly. While he has yet to win another title, the show stealer will have an opportunity to jump above one of our most talented veterans if he completes his defense.

DVD Extra Disc: Behind the Curtain

Why Speed D?

Eagle: With the time I have been wrestling, from the bottom to the top of the card, I have learned a great deal about politics. I have learned a great deal about performance. There is very little about this business that I do not have at least a passing knowledge of understanding.

Fair enough, but why pick Speed D as a protege?

Eagle: We are both japanese junior wrestlers; I have been wrestling longer than he has been alive, true. Yet our personalities are similar. He is extremely conservative, but otherwise would get along with anyone backstage. At his age, I find such a person to be rare, a person to be respected.

What about Magnum Kobe?

Eagle: Kobe is a success and will continue to be a success his whole career. He does not need my tutelage. I will teach him, yes, but the time expected of a mentor would be largely wasted on him.

Yet his success would be yours too, though, correct?

Eagle: I am of the belief that a protege wrestles as an homage to their trainer, but not because of their trainer. There's a subtle difference; everyone becomes a wrestler for their own personal reasons. Sometimes it is due to a failure in other pursuits; sometimes it is a young lion's dream; sometimes one idolizes a great wrestler from their youth. Regardless, a man wrestles for his reasons, he succeeds based on his effort. Not anyone else's. So SPEED Demon will improve by his effort, not mine. I could teach him everything I know, yet if he is not physically able to replicate, he will learn nothing. If he does not want to replicate, he will learn nothing. So yes, I do wish him to succeed, but he will based on his own merits. I only will help him along his journey.

What does this mean for the New Circle of Blood and Red Guild?

Eagle: I doubt this mentorship will be recognized on our events for some time. It changes nothing of our stories.

Thank you for your time.

Eagle: You are most welcome.

WLW Praise To The King

Sunday 2, January, 2010

300 people in Fukuoka Hall, Kyushu

• Ketsueki Karasu and Nichiren Amagawa team up against Black House. Postulation over tension between Black House Nation and The New Circle of Blood is expressed; interestingly, Karasu seems to prefer his young charge take the brunt of the in-ring action. This might be a strategy of showing that even the least of one stable is able to defeat the best of another; it also could be a strategy of laziness. When Karasu finally does tag in, a Double Brainbuster soon ends this; he's pinned after a total 6 minutes of action.
  • Dark Eagle and SPEED D follows. No commentary toward this being a mentor versus student bout, but those that have the DVD might think this is a feeling out process for the two. As before, SPEED D is reviled in the ring, and an Eagle Shock ends this gracefully at the 10 minute mark.

~

Hell Monkey defends his Show Stealer Title in the first match of the night. Some might think The Great Hisato above this belt, but with his stable's recent fall from power, it's entirely possible that he, along with the rest of Def-REALM, seek to regain some measure of relevance in the company.

Hisato's got the advantage, but Silver Shark makes an appearance, slamming The Great Hisato with a chair to draw a disqualification. Shark leaves, avoiding retribution by the champion.

The tage team match is next in line; Acid Dragon enter without hesitation nor fear. It's to their credit, as Samoan Machine and Rhino Umaga look ferocious as they ever have. Starting much like the entrances implied, Umaga steamrolls over Acid. The champions aren't necessarily better wrestlers than the challengers, but their Samoan blood means it takes a lot to slow them down.

Late in the match, UK Dragon climbs a turnbuckle to hit a splash on Samoan Machine. He rolls out fo the way, however, and the Dragon is locked in an Unbreakable Sleeper. The name fits.

The owner and the Angel square off in safe, excellent match. That's a trend, actually, that's plagued the show thus far; every match doesn't have the kind of progressive content the fans expect. In spite of that, the chemistry between the competitors is amazing.

We know how good Emerald Angel is; when his opponent understands the dives, the ranas, the pinfalls, everything comes off just a bit more smoothly, enhancing the performance. Admittedly, though, there's a bit of a miscommunication somewhere in the middle; it seems the duo get mixed in what move they want to hit next.

Aside from the momentary stutter, the match is flawless, with a quick pinfall from a reversed hurricanrana to get the victory for Takayuki Avatar.

Main event time, as the main event player, Magnum Kobe, enters the ring. Still champion, he has delined to defend his title unless it's at an important event. Cocky as ever, he faces the veteran Junnosuke Fukazawa. The match wasn't going to measure up to the previous one, but that's in part due to the exceptional chemistry it exhibited and Kobe's reluctance to put forth his best effort.

With nothing on the line, there's little reason for Kobe to care about the match; Fukazawa changes that about 14 minutes in. Frustrated with having to chase Kobe around the ring numerous times, he flat out slaps Kobe across the face in the middle of the ring.

After that, the next five or six minutes are much quicker paced. Kobe shows off the skills that won-and defended-him the title, taking down the veteran and finally locking on the Magnum Deathlock. 20 minutes, but the champion is the victor.

Kobe spends the rest of the show celebrating with his title; it's irony, of course, given that he didn't defend it, but if his purpose was to annoy the commentators, he succeeds.

~

• After the show, Yosuke Narita gets face-to-face with Magnum Kobe backstage. The friction is quick apparent, and Kobe makes the casual remark about taking Narita's legacy. A cadre of officials and wrestlers, including Unity Two, break up the argument before things get physical.
  • A final match to give some wrestlers practice closes the post-show: the five-on-five contest ends when Arthur Dexter Bradley is pinned by Tsurayuki Kamachi.

Subject: Rhino Umaga

Status: World Level Tag Team Champion (with Samoan Machine)

Allies: Samoan Machine

Enemies: No one more than anyone

I break things. I am a rhino. I am a machine. I. Break. Things. Doesn't matter if it's people, two people, the whole ring. I will charge through it and break anything, anyone, in my path. Why? Because I can, and because if I do things like that, I win an awful lot of this world. Titles. Money. Respect. You see that Magnum Kobe spout off his nonsense, and that gets him where? Targeted by everyone. You see anyone willingly get in the ring with me? For the title, of course, everyone wants it. But no one, no one, wants to face the Rhino.

Me and Samoan Machine, we're real similar. Part of the same bloodline, same mold, same plan. He breaks things. I break things. We're champions. And I am absolutely, no doubt whatsoever, positive that we will remain champions the rest of the year. Only way we're dropping this is voluntarily. No one going to beat us, no one going to fluke their way out of a beating.

I am Rhino Umaga. Step in the ring, and get carried out of it.

<p><strong>Subject:</strong> <em>Samoan Machine</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Status:</strong> <em>World Level Tag Team Champion (with Rhino Umaga)</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Allies:</strong> <em>Rhino Umaga</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Enemies:</strong> <em>Quite possibly, everyone.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em><span style="color:#A0522D;">This company can pride itself on fostering an environment where I am akin to a heavyweight. Kojima, Avatar, whoever you want, I appreciate the opportunity to absolutely demolish such an easy pool of workers. It is you that have brought the destruction to World Level Wrestling, not me. Not the rhino. We are mere beasts of the field; you were the ones to corral us into a pen full of pitiless dogs.</span></em></p><p><em><span style="color:#A0522D;"> </span></em></p><p><em><span style="color:#A0522D;">

I will relish the joy of ending the tag team division. I want a challenge, and until I find one, I will beat, I will crush, I will </span></em><em><span style="color:#A0522D;"><strong>end</strong></span></em><em><span style="color:#A0522D;"> every pair that dares step across from me. I am the embodiment of Samoan heritage; cross me and prepare to die.</span></em></p>

What a special boon; it turns out that I have excellent chemistry facing Emerald Angel. Aside from the fact that he already had a lifelong offer for a contract with us, that cements him as a man who will continue to be important in the company as long as I am able to wrestle.

I do feel pleased that my draw with Kojima barely edged out my contest with Angel, as I feel that the owner-versus-owner was far more important in the scheme of the company. Regardless, I am certain that within the year Angel and I will have a match rivalling the main event from any company in the world.

Sadly, however, the event itself was relatively poor compared to our most recent shows. Relatively, of course, given that we are still performing at a level far in excess of our general popularity. Still, I feel that I am orderin the shows in a less-than-optimal manner. Hopefully our next show will have a remedy to that. Speaking of that show, I will have the schedule formed soon.

WLW EVERYTHING THAT GOES WITH IT

World Level Show Stealer Title

Hell Monkey vs. Silver Shark

Insane Machine vs. Toyokuni Hardcore vs. Musashi vs. Ketsueki Karasu

World Level Tap Out Title

Nichiren Amagawa vs. Merle O'Curle

Takayuki Avatar vs. Shingen Miyazaki

The stories, respectively, behind these matches:

• Hell Monkey wants revenge on Silver Shark for interfering in his last title defense. True, it was on Monkey's behalf, but it seems the masked fighter wanted to win on his own terms.
  • Insane Machine has been frustrated as of late, unable to burst through the glass ceiling and get the recognition he feels he deserves. Ketsueki Karasu probably has something devious in mind with regards to the match, but the young Musashi and ever-present Toyokuni Hardcore appear to be a warmup for Machine's main event push.
  • Nichiren Amagawa is unquestionably the best technician in the company. Merle O'Curle is one of the most renowed Irish technicians. This will be a clash that defines Amagawa's career.
  • The owner takes on one of the most stunning wrestlers in the company. Shingen Miyazaki has been on an unparalled run of momentum, complete with a packaging that allows the fans to really cheer the wrestler. Many pundits predict this match to shatter WLW's previous match record, the question is, who will win that accolade?

WLW Fame & Fortune

Friday 3, January, 2010

300 people in Muroran Hall, Hokkaido

• Ketsueki Karasu has been replaced by Mr. Lucha III in the four-way title match. His lack of impetus or drive is likely to be addressed on the next show by our owner.
  • Acid, UK Dragon, Americana, and The Tic represent The 505 against Greg Gauge, Amane Shunsen, Masked Cougar, and Hypnos. A well-fought battle, Acid hits the Acid Rain Bomb on Cougar after a fairly long affair.

~

Magnum Kobe starts the show proper. He runs through his show of dominance, mocking in particular Yosuke Narita, Hidekazu, Junnosuke Fukazawa, Stuart Ferdinand, and-curiously-Sensational Ogiwara. He has either beaten them or made them look like fools. None come to challenge him; he takes this as a sign that he is telling the truth.

Nichiren Amagawa and Merle O'Curle begin their match for the Tap Out title next. A blistering pace is set, each man trying to oust the other. Neither seems entirely comfortable with the setting, but regardless a Celtic Wreath almost wins things quickly.

The champion soon retains off his Amagawa Total Lock, and Nichiren holds his belt aloft with pride.

Def-REALM hit the ring once the match has cleared. Angel points to his loss of the Universal title as a low point for the group, but he claims that they are far from defeated. Kojima echoes this, noting that Ishibashi and himself have yet to challenge the tag champions for their title. The company has not yet fallen to ruin, and they will not let such things happen. Hisato in particular hones on Dark Eagle as the true lynchpin of their nemesis, Red Guild, citing his experience as the reason the stable is so successful. Their message is clear: Def-REALM will soon return to dominance.

Insane Machine defends his title against Toyokuni, Musashi, and Lucha III next. The match is not strictly a hardcore-styled match, but the referee seems quite lenient to the rules. Toyokuni Hardcore likely benefits the most, though Musashi probably wishes he didn't.

Musashi is bloodied, Mr. Lucha III has been knocked out by Insane Machine, and it is down to the champ and inevitable challenger. Ducking a chair shot, Machine hits a Face Crusher on Hardcore that nets him a pin.

Hell Monkey puts his Show Stealer title against Silver Shark next. The match does address the age-old question of whether or not a monkey can kill a shark. In unrelated news, one of the announcers got punched just now.

Monkey and Shark really tear into each other; Shark has long been something of an enforcer for Magnum Kobe, and Hell Monkey is frustrated with the former's interference. So much is their focus that when the action spills outside, they continue fighting each other well past the ten count necessary to call it a draw.

The main event finally is reached. Takayuki Avatar enters the ring to a huge reaction, and Shingen Miyazaki gets a show fo respect from the owner as he bows. The two have a rare shake of hands before the bell, and the maych slowly builds from there.

The duo exhibit far greater stamina than any combatants thus far in the night, even in spite of a top rope hurricanrana from Miyazaki at 15 minutes in. An innovative armlock on the grounded owner nearly gets Shingen the submission win, but Avatar is able to inch his foot onto the bottom rope.

Past 25 minutes, both men have damaged the whole of their opponent, Avatar having a slight cut above his left eye and Miyazaki moving with a slight limp. As they move to tie up once again, a massive amount of interference rushes from the back.

Magnum Kobe and Dark Eagle launch a bulldog/legdrop combo on Takayuki Avatar, while Black House nail a double spinebuster on Miyazaki. Beatdowns ensue for the combatants, and the referee calls this one a draw from double disqualification.

Backstage, Magnum Kobe and Emerald Angel start to get in an argument. Kobe shoves Angel, but then gets blindsided by a Rhino Umaga lariat. Angel fares no better, as Samoan Machine reaches around and hits a belly-to-back suplex into the wall.

Samoan Destruction Inc. put the boots to their prey as they make the point that the tag team champions are top dogs, the real people one needs to fear.

~

• After the show, Takayuki Avatar has a few words with Magnum Kobe. First, things are amicable, as the owner wants to know about the attack that ended the show. However, as the topic shifts to the main event double DQ, Kobe lunges at Avatar. A swarm of wrestlers pull the two apart; it is quite possible Kobe has found his next challenger.
  • Tsurayuki Kamachi and Arthur Dexter Bradley send the fans home with a nice little treat. Kamachi wins by pinfall.

We have a bit of a paradox; while the show was the worst of the year thus far, my draw with Shingen Miyazaki topped my defeat of Emerald Angel. This puts the top three matches of the year solidly on my shoulders; I am proud.

Yet, at the same time, I find that our shows are lacking. It is possible that I am over-relying on my own talents, shirking the abilities of the true employees of the company. With that in mind, I will not be appearing on Praise to the King. Instead, here is the card:

WLW PRAISE TO THE KING

Unity Two (Koji and Koki) vs. The Lords of Xtreme (Dragon and Cougar)

Champagne Lover vs. Greg Gauge vs. Amane Shunsen vs. Merle O'Curle

Insane Machine© vs. Stuart Ferdinand

Rhino Umaga vs. Magnum Kobe

Samoan Machine vs. Emerald Angel

Ah what the hell. Although it's been awhile since I've played in Japan, I'll give her a go.

Unity Two (Koji and Koki) vs. The Lords of Xtreme (Dragon and Cougar)

Champagne Lover vs. Greg Gauge vs. Amane Shunsen vs. Merle O'Curle

Insane Machine© vs. Stuart Ferdinand

Rhino Umaga vs. Magnum Kobe

Samoan Machine vs. Emerald Angel

WLW Praise to the King

Sunday 3, January, 2010

300 people in Shizuoka Sports Hall, Chubu

•An opening match between Black House Nation and The New Circle Of Blood showcases the upper and lower tiers of the stables. Narato and Maita clean house when they are in, while Karasu and Amagawa for their side cause heavy damage. SPEED D appears to take the brunt of damage; a Toyokuni Hardcore powerbomb nearly knocks the junior straight out. Narato wins with a Narato Stunner on Ketsueki Karasu after 16 minutes.

~

Shunsen, Gauge, Lover, and O'Curle are each respected wrestlers in their home countries. Gauge has made a splash in Japan, rivaling Amane as the favorite walking into the match. Regardless, the high pace of the bout soon eliminates any thought that one wrestler has the advantage; with Champagne Lover hitting the ropes hard, all men hit the mat rapidly.

Gauge does come on top, finally pinning Shunsen after a plancha dive knocks Merle down from Champagne Lover.

The Lords of Xtreme, Snap Dragon and Masked Cougar, are an experienced duo, even if they don't quite have the innate understanding showcased by historic teams. They represent, in a way, CZCW against the WLW mainstays of Koki Ishibashi and Koji Kojima.

As expected, the match is focused on high flying work, with the turnbuckles seeing more use in this match than they might find in a month otherwise. Kojima continues to try to slow the pace down, but after eating a few too many dropkicks, Koki tags in.

Continuing the quick pace, Cougar is countered off a springboard moonsault with knees to the gut. Kojima takes the opportunity to quickly tag in and lock on the Koji Crossface, which barely gets the submission before interruption.

The only title match of the night, the Streetfighting Title between Insane Machine and Stuart Ferdinand, is next. His Termination Kick has won Machine a few of his defenses, and Ferdinand appears to be circling away from the foot that could soon smash into his face. This implies a slower pace, one which contrasts against the blazing speed having been seen so far in the night.

Machine utilizes some rarely-seen technical work on the challenger, pulling off a half crab that easily could have won the match had 10 more seconds elapsed before the rope break. Stuart comes back with a shoulderblock, and he looks to hit a lariat clothesline on the champion. TERMINATION KICK! Lariat countered into the Termination Kick! It's over!

The first of two "main events" begins; Rhino Umaga takes on Magnum Kobe. The Rhino appears to want to savor the moment, or perhaps he is choosing to scout Kobe a bit; regardless, the bulldozing nature of the tag champion is not seen for some time in the opening minutes.

This allows the Universal Champion to work his all-around game to good effect. Springboard moves are unwise against the weight advantage of the samoan, but a nice legsweep allows an armlock to, hopefully, slow down a future assualt.

Ticking onward into the second decade of minutes, Umaga turns up the heat, catching a flying forearm and turning it into a Russian legsweep. From there, he drops two elbows, then picks the champion back up and slams him into the corner. An avalanche follows, and Umaga throws the champion from the ring.

Samoan Machine, the other tag champion and man facing Emerald Angel next, interrupts the match from backstage and begins to attack the prone Kobe. While the referee calls for the bell, it is clear that the champions have won the true battle against the main champ. Thereby, it appears the purpose of tonight was not to beat their opponents, but to destroy them.

With the previous events in mind, Emerald Angel is cautious entering the ring against Samoan Machine. Aware that interference could easily occur, he cages himself facing the ramp, cutting himself off from half the ring.

Unfortunately, his match is 2 of 3 falls. This means, as it does happen, that Rhino Umaga can pay back his partner. True, Angel is up 1-nil, but a massive spear won't leave Angel in good shape. As quickly as he got ahead, Angel finds himself pinned to tie things up.

Instead of a second quick pin, Machine bundles Angel back to his feet, whips him into the corner, then waits for consciousness. The match, one could say, now begins in earnest.

Aside from the damage already done, Angel looks to be the underdog purely because a high-flying style, historically, does not work well against a larger opponent. This is certainly true if they're willing and able to counter a flying splash into a powerslam. While Angel refuses to give up, refuses to be pinned, his spirit has to be waning as the minutes tick on and the throws mount up.

Eventually Samoan Machine nails a Samoan Spike Piledriver, and he wins 2-1. He continues to beat down Angel to close the show.

~

•After the show, Yosuke Narita bumps into Dark Eagle backstage. The two men have low-key personalities, but once it's clear that Eagle is about to strike, a group of wrestlers break apart the tension while backstage workers eventually clear the area.

•Munenori Umari finds Hell Monkey backstage. He claims to be the new manager of Shingen Miyazaki; he inquires as to if Hell Monkey would want to face him. Monkey agrees, and is then blindsided by Miyazaki. Standing tall, Shingen is the last thing the live audience sees.

Another show; more data to resolve.

Unfortunately I have perplexing results. The most recent show was our worst performance yet. This is without my appearing in any match nor any outside segment. Implication, then, is that I should perform on our shows to reach the highest potential we have. However, as noted previously, we have been on a downward trend since I become more prevalent on the shows.

With the final Everything That Goes With It tour of January, I think we ought to see some special matches.

UK Dragon vs. Mokuami Maita

The Great Hisato vs. Shingen Miyazaki

Kazuma Narato vs. Emerald Angel vs. Magnum Kobe vs. Hell Monkey vs. Ketsueki Karasu

I am sure we will have more matches than merely those three, but I feel that the allure of those announced will whet the appetite of our fans quite well.

Speaking of our fans, I noticed that there was more of a following for Champagne Lover in his match than expected. Surely Gauge or Shunsen would have connected with older or younger fans, but perhaps we have reached out with our "LuchaResu" style to Mexico in a far greater fashion than expected. This bodes well for my employment as the owner of this company; I hope that Lover losing does not destroy what gains I have made.

Furthermore, it seems that people expected Magnum Kobe and Emerald Angel to be successful against the tag team champions in their separate matches. Angel fell a bit short, which is both unsurprising due to the champions' dominance, yet quite surprising due to the fact that Angel is one of our best performers. I hope our audience will believe with me that this is not a bad omen for the future.

It has come to my attention, through Shingen Miyazaki nearly breaking down my door, that Miyazaki and Hell Monkey had already scheduled themselves for a match at Everything That Goes With It on our past show. Presenting this fact to The Great Hisato, we can to an agreement. The amended card:

Acid vs. Dark Eagle

UK Dragon vs. Mokuami Maita

Hell Monkey vs. Shingen Miyazaki

Kazuma Narato vs. Emerald Angel vs. Magnum Kobe vs. The Great Hisato vs. Hypnos

In effect, Hisato takes the place of Monkey in the main event. Acid vs. Dark Eagle has also been added to the card; this is a result of The 505 petitioning for more representation on our tours. Hypnos replaces Ketsueki Karasu due to the latter's commitments in Mexico.

<p>WLW Everything That Goes With It</p><p>

Friday 4, January, 2010</p><p>

525 people in Ibaraki Community Hall, Kanto</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

</p><ul><li>American Machine take on the tag champions in a non-title match, much to the delight of the crowd. While (Samoan) Machine and Umaga have been a dominant force, unsettling the norms of stable warfare WLW has had recently, fans of the product appreciate their skill and tough attitude. Americana and Insane Machine contrast that with their high-flying work, yet they do fall in the end to a Rhino Charge<br /></li><li>Takayuki Avatar and Sensational Ogiwara briefly go over the card, touching on the volatility of the main event.</li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p>

~</p><p> </p><p>

<em>The inevitable brawl between Magnum Kobe and Emerald Angel opens the show. Kobe barely gets a word out before Angel lays into him, a quick hook to drop the challenger and the mount is achieved.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

It lasts a surprising length of time, given how fights typically are broken up, but the movement of the duo as they slam each other into doors and walls is impressive. Making their way through three rooms on nearly opposite sides of the building, referees and road agents stop them just before they would break onto the entrance stage.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Acid and Dark Eagle start the night of matches. Tape traders would expect this to be an excellent bout, and the duo do not disappoint. Neither man is prone to pageantry, so what results is purely a masterclass in super junior wrestling.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Sleek, stiff shots off of rebounds and whips dominate much of the match, only slowing down after a corkscrew suicide plancha from Acid onto Eagle on the outside. Once things return to the ring, Dark Eagle looks for a counter to Acid's Acid Rain Bomb. The prediction is not wasted; after twenty minutes, Eagle gets his opportunity to avoid his opponent's finisher and end it with an Eagle Shock.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Mokuami Maita takes the ring against UK Dragon next. Maita's wary that his tag partner is in the main event tonight; Dragon looks to capitalize on the potential distraction.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Quicker than expected, the match finds both men in a deadlock until Narato makes an appearance. Wasting no time, he blindsides the Dragon with a stiff kick when the ref isn't looking. Assassination Attempt, and Maita wins it handily.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Hell Monkey and Shingen Miyazaki follow with a much longer, slower-paced match. It's noted that Miyazaki cannot be a contender for Monkey's Show Stealer title, so this match is purely one of pride.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

With a technical leaning, Shingen attempts to ground the Monkey, but the latter's hard-hitting New York background gets him out of numerous holds. Furthermore, Monkey's no stranger to technical work either, and Miyazaki is forced a few times to grab the ropes in desperation.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Late in the match, Miyazaki is caught with a Hell Fire Kick. Hell Monkey climbs to the top turnbuckle, but he misses the Tumbling Monkey attempt. Miyazaki attempts to cinch in a Boston Crab, but Hell Monkey is aware enough to kick him off, hit Burning Lariat, and seal the deal with a Tumbling Monkey.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Before the main event, Magnum Kobe jumps Emerald Angel and knocks him out backstage.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Hypnos, Kazuma Narato, The Great Hisato, Emerald Angel, and Magnum Kobe enter the ring. Each will be eliminated save one; eliminations are from disqualification, the standard falls, or via knockout. The match begins.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Hypnos quickly is eliminated; the announcers make no secret of the fact that he was outmatched. Curiously, though, Mokuami Maita is the main cause of his elimination, slipping Hypnos to the outside amidst cacophony in the irng and hitting a suplex into the barrier. Once the referee notices this, he eliminates Hypnos via knockout </em><em><strong>and</strong></em><em> Narato by disqualification. His anger soon turns to pain as Nichiren Amagawa arrives to settle the score of his teammate; a futile tapout embarrasses the former tag champion.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

With three men left, and two from the same stable, one would naturally expect the champion to slowly get worked over and eliminated due to attrition. However, due to the heavily publicized animosity over the disputed "best high flier in wrestling" honor, Angel is in no mood to think strategy. Silver Shark eventually comes to the aid of Kobe, as it's clear the young champion is over his head. Kobe does get eliminated off the interference, but Angel is locked into the Jaws of Life until he passes out.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Rather amusingly, The Great Hisato wins the match by default.</em></p><p> </p><p>

~</p><p> </p><p>

</p><ul><li>After the show, Emerald Angel and Magnum Kobe scuffle yet again as they prepare to leave in the locker room. Yosuke Narita is also in the shot, watching patiently as the two attempt to tear each other apart.<br /></li><li>HEROES, Beetle Kimura and Panda Mask II, face Weapon X, Rogue Matsuo SF and Toyokuni Hardcore, fight in the final match for the live audience. Matsuo submits Kimura with a CTU Control Technique.</li></ul><p></p>

The response to our show indicates a return to form. While it was not on the level of our greatest events, this does prove that we still have the ability to perform to a high standard, even when I am not involved. I also believe this resolutely shows that I am capable in booking around our talents and able to entertain the populace which is our constituents.

For the future, I see great profits for us. I see a rise to a national entity, perhaps even a global expansion. I see World Level Wrestling truly encompassing the talents of smaller wrestlers from across the world, an international menagerie of styles and entertainment. But first, we must continue to build upon our foundation. The last show of January, Praise to the King.

WLW PRAISE TO THE KING

Tsurayuki Kamachi vs. Americana vs. Acid vs. Nichiren Amagawa

Greg Gauge vs. Yosuke Narita

WLW Tag Team Titles

Samoan Destruction Inc.© vs. Above & Below

Magnum Kobe and Silver Shark vs. Unity Two vs. Black House

Archived