Trouble running FBCB on XP SP3 desktop

I have a valid license, which works fine on my laptop. Have tried to install (and re-install) on my work desktop, but I get an error when trying to start the program:

- - - - -

Write access to data folder (C:\Users\Public\Documents\GDS\Fast Break College Basketball 2010) denied.

Testing C:\ProgramFiles\GDS\Fast Break College Basketball 2010

- - - - -

I'm guessing that this is some sort of weird deal with permissions or whatnot -- but I can't even locate the path that is described above (I don't even see a folder called Users on my C drive).

Any help here? Sort of got the predictable itch to fire up the game, would like to be able to use it here if possible.

The game isn't getting the location of the public documents folder from Windows so it tries the default location for Windows 7/Vista. When that fails checks to see if it can write to the application folder. This is successful so you should be able to run the game normally from here. I'll add a way to specify the data folder manually for the next patch so you won't get the warning every time you start the game.

This should get rid of the warning:

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2235.exe

Version 2.2.35 (03/12/12)

Changes:

*Adjusted tournament seeding to try and better match real life.

*When the game cannot locate the data folder in Windows XP or older, it will default to using the install folder.

*The hidden fouling attribute will improve during training

*Adjusted the polls to make quality of wins more important.

*Non-Qualfiers will be shown in red on the recruiting screen.

Fixes:

*teams with losing records should be more likely to be placed in the play-in games.

*Eliminated the possibility of a player who was required to redshirt having the redshirt removed due to team imports

Archived