The NWA Destiny . (1989-)

This is my first ever diary, so it may change often and may not be as interesting to read as the others around. But i feel it'll be fun for me to have my own so don't hate. Appreciate ;] . If you have any problems with my diary at all, feel free to send me a PM. Feel free to read on and enjoy.

I'll be starting as the NWA, as they have all these future WCW guys that I love and i think it'll be a fun promotion to run. I have tweaked the product and show lengths because personally i hate running 1 hour shows with 40 wrestlers...so bear with me. I'm not expecting it to be a challenging game or anything but i expect it to be fun so lets do it!

NWA Power Hour card

Main Event

Ric Flair vs Ole Anderson

Non title

10 man battle royal for #1 contendership for heavyweight championship

Competitors: Sid Vicious, Sting, Michael P.S Hayes, Bam Bam Bigelow, Lex Luger, Z Man, Buzz Sawyer, Steve Williams, Ron Simmons, Clint Wayne(My Character)

Great Muta vs Scott Hall

Bob Orton vs Eddie Gilbert

Mike Wallstreet vs Cactus Jack

Stunning Steve Austin vs Fatu

The Road Warriors vs The Steiner Brothers

Junkyard Dog vs Kevin Sullivan

Terry Funk vs Bobby Eaton

Get ready for two action-packed hours of NWA Power Hour!

NWA Power Hour card

Main Event

Non title

Competitors: Sid Vicious, Sting, Michael P.S Hayes, Bam Bam Bigelow, Lex Luger, Z Man, Buzz Sawyer, Steve Williams, Ron Simmons, Clint Wayne(My Character)

Great Muta vs Scott Hall

Main Event

Non title

Great Muta vs Scott Hall

Main Event

Non title

Great Muta vs Scott Hall

NWA Power Hour , Thursday, September Week 1, 1989

Power Hour is being shown from Allen Fieldhouse in front of 12,551 fans.

The show opens with a firework display on the stage as Gordon Solie, Jim Cornette and Jim Ross welcome you to NWA Power Hour.

Jim Ross: Good evening folks! We've got a great show in store for you here in the NWA. Tonights main event will be The Nature Boy Ric Flair taking on Ole Anderson in a non-title match-up.

Jim Cornette:We sure do! Also seen later on tonight is a 10 man battle royal to see who the number one contender for Flairs heavyweight championship will be!

Gordon Solie:Thats right and don't you forget Fall Brawl is just a week away! The main event will be decided by that battle royal! Lets get on with the show we have The Heavyweight Champion standing backstage with Teddy Long.

Ric Flair is seen backstage with Teddy Long.

Teddy Long: I have here the World Heavyweight Champion in Ric Flair and he has a few words to say.

Ric Flair: Tonight! Tonight an ole friend of mine steps into the ring with me to go toe to toe with the nature boy. I figured it would be a friendly matchup of two respectful competitors, one whos a good competitor the other is the world champ. Theres a difference between good and the world champ buddy! Sting is good. Mike is good.. Sid is good.. Ole . Your just good. Then you have to climb that ladder to great, and then on to being the world champ but you never were championship material. You were always just good. See tonights match between you and i is a non-title match but even if it was for my beautiful title, you'd never have it in you to climb the next two steps on that ladder. Thats why you always had a partner; you always needed someone to push you along. Someone to show you the ropes. I've stepped into the ring with some great superstars but ill never face the best, because i cant exactly face myself. You can talk to all your pals backstage all you want, you can get a few friends to come to the ring... You can hire an assassin for all i care. The bottom line is Ole Anderson is nothing but a good wrestler, and thats all you ever will be. A good wrestler. WOOOO!

Flair walks off and the camera follows him and fades. We open back up to the ring for the opening match-up.

In a match that was very entertaining to watch between two great competitors, Terry Funk ends up victorious while Bobby earned alot of respect for putting on an excellent match. Terry Funk attacks Bobby afterwards with a steel chair, then leaves Eaton motionless in the ring. RATING: 73

In another entertaining match, JYD defeats Sullivan with the Big Thump Slam. RATING: 59

Jim Ross:Teddy Long is with the Steiners backstage lets cut to them.

Teddy Long: Thank you Jim Ross i am here backstage with the Steiner Brothers who have a match against the road warriors tonight. Scott we understand you've faced Animal and Hawk before but what makes tonight any different?

Scott: Well tonight is the night that we finally get our hands raised as Animal and Hawk lie in defeat from the most powerful duo in all of wrestling. You wanna talk about strength? We've got that covered. Rick and I are prepared more than ever to give the Road Warriors a run for their money and a few donations. See we were hoping that tonights match could have a tag title shot in the near future but for now we just want to know that we are victorious over an old foe. We'll bring our canons. Our guns. Whatever you'd like to call them. Animal! Hawk! Just bring your towels because you'll wanna throw em in when your in the ring with us.

They walk away and the camera fades.

The Road Warriors vs The Steiners

In a match that pitted two powerful teams against each other, the crowd seemed to enjoy how it was never a one sided affair and the match easily could have gone either way. Rick wins it with a Top Rope Bulldog. RATING: 69

Sting is standing backstage

Sting: I've been waiting for an opportunity like this for quite a while. To be able to be one of the ten men considered a contender is good enough, but to win the match and move on to bigger and better things. To be able to challenge Ric Flair... For the heavyweight championship. Its a dream that he has lived almost 10 times and i've yet to live it once. Its something i often think about while I'm weight lifting. How does it feel to be on top? How does it feel to have the power of the NWA around your waist? Well quite frankly I'm ready to find out. Flair, I'm coming for you!

A very fat man in a robe attacks sting and hits him over the back with a chair and walks away

In a very short match, Austin wins it with the Stun Gun for his first NWA victory. RATING: 21

Cactus Jack vs Mike Wallstreet

This was an outstanding match between a young Cactus Jack and a middle-aged Mike Wallstreet. Wallstreet seemed to have control of the match early on but Cactus turned the tables on him and was able to nail the Bang Bang Elbow for the 1-2-3. RATING: 64

"Cowboy" Bob Orton vs Eddie Gilbert

Another excellent match which the crowd watched and enjoyed, Bob Orton picked up the win after superplexing Eddie off the top rope. RATING: 77

Ole Anderson comes to the ring with a blank stare. He picks up a mic from the timekeeper and heads into the ring.

Ole: I'm sorry to those of you that had to put up with Rics bitching earlier. I was never a champ. You're right Ric. And I was never good. I was never more than good. I was always just good. Well times have changed Ric! Tonight will be a match you'll never forget. You always thought I was a lackluster wrestler, you always thought I flat out sucked. Truth is Ric... We helped you win that championship. Without our help you wouldn't be a champion. You, just like I was, would be good. Not great, not a champion, just good. I'm prepared for everything you have to offer me. I don't need friends or any horsemen to beat you one on one. If I beat you tonight, I better get a title shot next week!

Flairs music hits and he comes out with a mic in hand

Ric: Listen to yourself Ole. You're so sick in the head you're saying you can beat the Nature Boy. How many times have I held the title? How many times have you held the title? You saw what happened to Sting a little while ago. Nobody can take my title from me. Nobody will get close. This is the reign that will last until the day I retire. And Ole, if you really think you're deserving of a title shot you got it. But not at this months PPV...and not next week. If you win tonight, next month you'll get a shot at this title. If you lose tonight, you are to face the man who attacked sting next week! Now is your ego too big, or do you think that's a fair deal?

Ole: You drive a hard bargain but I have no choice but to accept.

Ric: WOOOO!

Ric Flairs music plays as he walks backstage

The Great Muta vs Scott Hall

Excellent action was displayed although the crowd had no idea who these guys were, and after 10 minutes they turned on the match. Muta was victorious after spraying green mist in the eyes of Hall. RATING: 23

10 Man Battle Royal for Number One Contender-ship to World Title

Sting came to the ring battered from the backstage attack he suffered early on and it seemed to effect his performance as he was first to be eliminated. When it came down to just Sid Vicious and Lex Luger the crowd went wild as two powerhouses went toe to toe and Lex Luger was the final elimination allowing Sid Vicious to become the number one contender. RATING: 80

MAIN EVENT: Ric Flair vs Ole Anderson

Ole Anderson clearly had the upper hand early on and Ric Flair seriously seemed like he was going on to lose the match but about midway through the match Flair reversed an Irish Whip and from there he went on to become victorious. The crowd was scorching hot in this match, and Flair knew it. RATING: 80

Due to the Main Event, next week Ole Anderson has to face the mystery attacker on Power Hour.

SHOW RATING:80

NWA WorldWide Results

NWA WorldWide is being shown in front of 2,555 people at Ahearn FieldHouse.

Jim Cornette, Gordon Sollie and Jim Ross are at the announcers table as the show opens. First out is Cactus Jack as he and Mike Wallstreet go at it one on one for the vacant T.V. Title.

TV Championship: Cactus Jack vs Mike Wallstreet Vacant Championship

Great match between the two that went back and forth for just over 10 minutes and ended up with Cactus Jack hitting the piledriver for the victory. RATING: 67

This is Cactus Jacks' first title reign in the NWA.

NWA Tag Team Championship: The Fabulous Freebirds© vs Midnight Express

Midnight Express were clearly underdogs here and were able to outperform the Freebirds to take the tag titles. RATING: 77

This is the Midnight Express' second title reign in the NWA.

Clint Wayne vs Mystery Man

The mystery man dominated this from the start but Clint got some offense in around the 4 minute mark. In just over 6 minutes, He took the win. This was the man who assaulted Sting last night.

Terry Funk vs Sid Vicious

Sid won with a powerful choke slam, and looked dominant. He sent a big message to Ric Flair with a victory over Terry, as Terry is seen as a top competitor in the NWA. RATING: 75

Show rating: 73

NWA World Championship Wrestling Results. Saturday, September, Week 1, 1989.

NWA World Championship Wrestling is being held in front of 8,327 fans at the Alexander Memorial Coliseum and is live on TBS.

NWA T.V. Title Match: Cactus Jack© vs Z-Man

Cactus Jack retained his title the night after capturing it in this entertaining singles contest. He hit a double arm DDT and got the pin in just under 9 minutes. RATING: 63

Clint Wayne vs Mystery Man

Clint Wayne claimed the sumo wrestler cheated the night prior so he wanted a rematch. The man ended up winning yet again. He's looking particularly dangerous since debuting. RATING: 60

Ole Anderson and Lex Luger vs Ric Flair and Terry Funk

Ric Flair barely got in the ring because Lex and Ole dominated Funk for the first 10 minutes of the match but once Ric got in the rest was history as he used the figure four leglock on Lex Luger to secure the victory. RATING: 78

Sid Vicious vs "Cowboy" Bob Orton

Sid Vicious again got the win against a walking legend as he defeated Bob Orton in a match that almost went to 15 minutes. RATING: 69

Side Note: Sid Vicious has looked very strong lately and seems to be heading into Fall Brawl with a lot of steam. Fall Brawl is just over two weeks away, and if he keeps this up he'll be a favorite to topple Naitch.

In post match action, as reported from fans, Sting defeated Waylon Mercy in a match that Sting never had a chance of losing. Also reported was the debut of another super heavyweight man by the name of King Kong Bundy, who dominated Flyin' Brian .

SHOW RATING: 72

On this weeks edition of NWA Power Hour , Ric Flair is scheduled to address the mystery man who attacked Sting last week, and Ole Anderson is set to face him. Also, the NWA claim to have signed a top superstar that is a former WWF Intercontinental Champion. Make sure you tune in to this weeks 'Power Hour' as the best of the NWA will be before your eyes.

So far the only announced matches are Ole Anderson vs Mystery Man, and Sid Vicious vs Scott Steiner.

NWA Power Hour is being held in front of 4,401 fans at the Athletics Center Arena and is being taped for Friday Night.

The show opens with a firework display on the stage as Gordon Solie, Jim Cornette and Jim Ross welcome

you to NWA Power Hour.

Jim Ross: Good evening folks! We've got plenty of action for you here in the NWA. Tonights main

event has yet to be announced but we do have Ole Anderson vs the man who attacked Sting last week.

Jim Cornette:And on top of that, Ric Flair is right about to come out to the ring and introduce

him!

Gordon Solie:Thats right and don't you forget Fall Brawl is just a couple weeks away! The main

event will be Sid Vicious vs Ric Flair for the NWA Championship.

Ric Flairs' music hits and he approaches the ring with his new protege.

Ric Flair: Good evening ladies and gentlemen... This right here is THE man who assaulted Sting, and

in turn Sting was the first to be eliminated in the battle royal. You see, I have the money and power to

do what I want, say what I want, when I want. Last week was a prime example of that. Using both the money

and power I possess, I was able to hire this man to attack Sting because I felt Sting was the best

competition I had. Now I have a man named Sid Vicious to face at Fall Brawl... And I'm pretty sure my boy

here can get the job done once again. He goes by the name of Yokozuna! Look at the size of him. Anyone who

can beat him has to start playing the lottery I tell ya because he's one tough son of a gun. Tonight ,

since Ole lost to me in last weeks main event, he gets to face Yokozuna one on one. Sting I hope you're at

home watching because that's all you can do anyways chump. If anyone else feels they can challenge me for

my title lets go! Tonight I'll gladly put my title on the line if-

Ted Turner: Hold on there Ric. Your title will not be going on the line tonight. But I'll tell you what i will do. Flair, Sting is here and looking

better than ever. Matter of fact Sting looks like he was never assaulted. So tonight he'll be teaming up

with Sid Vicious to go against you. No partner, no managers at ringside and no interferences. You're on

your own tonight pal.

Flair: NO! I refuse to step into a handicap match!

Ted Turner: Then hand over that belt around your waist and you won't have to. I'm only being fair.

You want to play hardball Ric? The rest of the NWA is ready to play with ya. And you talk about money and

power? I've got double of both what you have.

Flair: You're a real a****** Ted you know that? My years I've spent here in this ring winning title

after title whooping ass after ass and you come out here and tell me that you've got more power then me?

Ted not for nothing but I! Not you but I am the NWA champion. I! am the reason the NWA is seen on

televisions around the world. I'm the guy who sells the merchandise and fills the seats. All you do is

make a few phone calls and sign a few contracts. If I were to walk out of this ring and pack my bags and

head to the World Wrestling Federation you'd lose everything Ted.

The crowd boos very loudly.

Ted Turner: Go ahead and suit yourself. I've got plenty of rising stars back there,Sting, Sid,

Luger, Muta, Hall, Junkyard Dog, Terry Funk, Hayes, the Steiners... Ole Anderson too! Ric you may be the

guy with the most title reigns but you like any other superstar in this company is replaceable. You wanted

a war you've got one ! I hope you've got more than Yokozuna because you guys will deffinetly have your

hands full. Oh, and tonights match between Yokozuna and Ole is now a tag match as well. Ole will be

teaming up with Stunning Steve Austin and you'll have to either join your new friend or find him a

partner. Have fun tonight Ric!

The crowd cheers and Ted returns backstage and Flair looks pissed and Yokozuna has a blank expression.

After a commercial break, The Midnight Express' music hits and Stan Lane is set to face a brand new

face in the NWA.

Stan Lane vs Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

The crowd erupted once "The Dragon" made his way to the ring. The two wrestled a good match and Ricky fed

off the crowd considerably in his victory. RATING: 64

The Fabulous Freebirds vs The Wild Samoans

The Wild Samoans don't see much action so the crowd was excited(oddly) to see them tonight. They dominated

the match, and got the victory. RATING: 58

The Varsity Club were making their entrance as their opponents, The Steiner Brothers attacked them from

behind. They battled outside for a good 5 minutes before entering the ring to start the match.

The Varsity Club vs The Steiners

There was a lot of booing for the Steiners as they had control of most of this match. Kevin Sullivan

however had a Boston Crab on Scott for a good 2 minutes before Rick broke it up after being knocked out by

Mike Wallstreet. Chaotic match, and real tension was shown between the two teams. RATING: 67

Yokozuna's music hits and he makes his way to the ring with Ron Simmons, who Ric Flair has supposedly

chosen as his partner for the match.

Yokozuna & Ron Simmons vs Ole Anderson & Stunning Steve Austin

Yokozuna had the upper hand while he was in the ring and then while Ron Simmons was in , Sting came in and

attacked Yokozuna and gave him 3 DDTs on the arena floor. Ole Anderson hit a nasty Spinebuster that

actually looked pretty badly botched, and got the victory. RATING: 41

Cactus Jacks' music hits and the crowd goes nuts, as the new TV champ makes his way to the ring for his

first Power Hour title defense.

NWA Television Title

Cactus Jack© vs Z-Man

Cactus Jack easily won this and looked like he could have done it in his sleep. This was a good title

defense but not one that shows Jack belongs as champion. Afterwards Z-Man attacked him from behind.

RATING:54

Ted Turner is backstage talking with a few backstage workers and Lex Luger approaches him.

Lex Luger: Who am i defending my title against?

Ted:BAM!

Lex Luger: Bam?... Bam Bigelow?

Ted: Got that right. You should have defended it last week but you had that battle royal... so i

was nice. Good luck Lex!

Luger: Ric Flair was right when he called you an a******..

Lex Luger, pissed, walks away and his music hits as he enters the arena and the crowd boos him loudly.

NWA United States Championship

Lex Luger© vs Bam Bam Bigelow

Lex Luger played mind games with Bam Bam and he looked have the match wrapped up until he missed a

clothesline and Bigelow hit one of his own and from there he captured his first NWA Championship.RATING: 60

This is Bigelows first title reign in the NWA.

Stings music hits as he gets a huge ovation from the fans. Sid Vicious follows as they look to take on

the NWA Heavyweight Champion next.

Ric Flair vs Sting & Sid Vicious

This was really an outstanding match even though it was a handicapped match and Sid Vicious isn't a great

wrestler. It was full of emotion and Ric Flair played dirty the entire match, coming very close to winning

numerous times. Sid Vicious eventually chokeslammed Flair and got the cover. RATING: 87

Show Rating: 84

The live audience were treated to 4 dark matches, all featuring new signings of the NWA which won't be

on TV for quite some time. It will be interesting to see where Ric Flair and his posse go next, and

whether Ole Anderson will continue to stay in the picture. Also, will Stunning Steve Austin and Ron

Simmons be involved in the feud? Or will they play it safe and stay out of it? What will Ricky "The

Dragon" Steamboat look to accomplish next? And when will Sting and Yokozuna take their battle to the ring,

and settle their differences? Tune in next week for our next edition of NWA Power Hour.

Archived